For the believers

by gentlesoul 107 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Excellent post AGuest, you truly display the ideals of Christianity and the difference is there for all to see.

• AGuest
    AGuest

youse guys've done went 'an got me all blushin'... and... and... scared 'n stuff...

Cut it out... before I have to go and break all out in my Sally Field "acceptance" speech 'thang... and lemme tell you... it ain't pretty!!

(Self-reminder: Hard as flint, girl... hard as FLINT! Keep 'yo fo'haid hard as flint!!)

HAPPY HAPPY BOYZ! And may the new year bring you ALL the greatest of peace!!

Your servant... and a slave of Christ (to time indefinite!)

Shelb

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

((((((Dear AGuest)))))

You said:"Please know that I do not put my trust in earthling man... nor in the Bible."

LUKE 8:11:" Now the illustration means this: The seed is the word of God."NWT

You do not put trust in the Bible. Therefore you are a false Christian. I don't really care what you have to say: even as holy as you may sound. What I really care is what comes from God's Inspired Word contained in the Holy Bible for me to apply its Holy Principles and teach others for their salvation. I sincerely believe that Jehovah God's Holy Spirit guides me to do His Will wherever He pleases.

2 CORINTHIANS 4:2:" but we have renounced the underhanded things of which to be ashamed, not walking with cunning, neither adulterating the word of God, but making the truth manifest recommending ourselves to every human conscience in the sight of God."NWT

ISAIAH 54:17:" Any weapon whatever that will be formed against you will have no success, and any tongue at all that will rise up against you in the judgement you will condemn. This is the hereditary possession of the servants of Jehovah, and their righteousness is from me, is the utterance of Jehovah."

ISAIAH 55:5:" Look! A nation that you do not know you will call, and those of a nation who have not known you will run even to you, for the sake of Jehovah your God, and for the Holy One of Israel, because he will have beautified you."NWT

__________________________________________________________________________________

Words from sage men regarding the Bible:

"I believe a knowledge of the Bible without a college course is more valuable than a college course without the Bible." ( The New Dictionary of Thoughts, p. 46)

Famous Educator, William Lyon Phelps

_________________________________________________________________________________

Regarding the Bible, John Quincy Adams wrote:

" It is of all books in the world, that which contributes most to make men good, wise, and happy."

__Letters of John Quincy Adams to His Son, 1849, p.9.

John Quincy Adams

___________________________________________________________________________________

Sincerely.

Christian Love

AAF

Edited to Remove :"and mine"

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    You do not put trust in the Bible. Therefore you are a false Christian. I don't really care what you have to say: even as holy as you may sound

"I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. so I ran over and said "Stop! Don't do it!"

"Why shouldn't I?" he said.

I said, "Well, there's so much to live for!"

He said, "Like what?"

I said, "Well...are you religious or atheist?"

He said, "Religious."

I said, "Me too! Are you christian or buddhist?"

He said, "Christian."

I said, "Me too! Which franchise?"

He said, "Protestant."

I said, "Me too! Are you episcopalian or baptist?"

He said, "Baptist!"

I said, "Wow! Me too! Are you baptist church of god or baptist church of the lord?"

He said, "Baptist church of god!"

I said, "Me too! Are you original baptist church of god, or are you reformed baptist church of god?"

He said, "Reformed baptist church of god!"

I said, "Me too! Are you reformed baptist church of god, reformation of 1879, or reformed baptist church of god, reformation of 1915?"

He said, "Reformed baptist church of god, reformation of 1915!"

I said, "Die, heretic scum!!", and pushed him off." - Emo Phillips

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Chris,

I just read your Emo Philips story to everyone at the breakfast table and it was recieved with robust laughter.

Thanks for the good start to the day.

Steve

We have several families here you met in Nov who say hello.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Steve

Thank you! It's almost like Nina and I are there with y'all. Give them all a big Texas howdy for me.

Chris

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

A&F:

You do not put trust in the Bible. Therefore you are a false Christian. I don't really care what you have to say: even as holy as you may sound.

Don't care, huh? Well taht sums things up well.

From what I've seen you post, you aren't even on the same page as Shel, spiritually speaking.
    You might wanna sit back a wee while and reconsider that judgmental attitude of yours, and actually read what people are saying.

It's comments like yours that inflame the board against every Christian thread going. Recently they aren't even getting debated before they get trashed. Hence, if you have a cause, I would put you on notice that you are doing it more harm than good.
    Feel free to quote some more NWT at me, in your defense...

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

AAF,

You note in your reply to Shelby the following :

You do not put trust in the Bible. Therefore you are a false Christian. I don't really care what you have to say: even as holy as you may sound.

You then conclude your charming note with :

Sincerely. Christian Love AAF.

How anybody can describe a person who obviously has a deep attachment to their faith as a ?false Christian?, something designed to hurt them at their core, and then send them sincere Christian love is a little baffling, though it might go a long way to helping others understand why SOME ?Christians? are not terribly respected on this Board. The pungent smell of hypocrisy is not hard to identify, even in written notes.

Describing Shelby as a ?false Christian? is about as valuable as declaring the WTS has the ?truth?, it is a matter of viewpoint, though I cannot think of one ?Christian? on this board who would agree with that viewpoint. While I do not share Shelby?s viewpoints, she has has always comported herself with dignity. I suspect she could teach you a thing or ten about the expression of Christianity. She would certainly not dare to judge a fellow Christian as a ?false Christian?.

HS

• bisous
    bisous

Awakened:

What about the christian tenet ... judge not lest ye be judged?

your "uncaring" attitude reflects beautifully upon your christian nature.

• AGuest
    AGuest

for a reply to your assertions.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/63767/984567/post.ashx#984567

For truly, I see no point in being redundant or taking up more forum space on this. Oh, and, as always, peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit