For the believers

by gentlesoul 107 Replies latest jw friends

• gentlesoul
    gentlesoul

For those who still believe in jesus and his purpose and in a God who is creator. Do you feel it is appropriate to hang in place as such when the scriptures teaches us "Not to cast pearls before swine? " Please tell me your feelings on this subject as I feel that I should not be here but for some reason keep returning....Do we believers feel that we can make some good here and is that why we continue to come here?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Who you callin' a pig?

• gentlesoul
    gentlesoul

Do you have a guilty conscience ? Because I never called anyone a pig, I merely stated scripture.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Do you have a guilty conscience ?

No...

Because I never called anyone a pig, I merely stated scripture.

By referencing that scripture you were in effect calling non-believers "swine." It doesn't really bother me, but I think you'd be happier if you were tolerant of other people's religious beliefs (or lack thereof) instead of trying to convert people that don't want to be converted. In any case you are welcome on this board as is everyone!!

• gentlesoul
    gentlesoul

Well we are all so happy to have your grand permission

• freelife
    freelife

I don't think it is a matter of pearls before swine, as it is that so many of us still have very fresh wounds from the WTS. It will take time for those to heal. Many of us have been lied to for the vast majority of our lives by the WTS. You can't blame people for being somewhat jaded to religon. I am slowly starting to accept religon back into my life now, but it still brings back painful memories and sometimes seers my inner being. Its just due to the years of mental abuse by the WTS, and its cronies. Just give some of us time. Please don't think that your ideas are not listened too. some of us just take time to digest these things and don't know what to believe.

Freelife

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Well we are all so happy to have your grand permission

• gentlesoul
    gentlesoul

freelife,

Thank you for your kind response that was what I was looking for and not the rude inconsiderate response from drwatson whom obviously has some guilt over some things, because I think it is guilt that cause people to get fired up

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

gentlesoul, I just find it cocky and arrogant when people use the "pearls before swine" scripture. I was not trying to be rude; sorry if I offended you. Also, you are incorrect about me feeling guilt about not having religion in my life.

• gentlesoul
    gentlesoul

drwatson,

I think that people misconstru the true meaning of having God in them. It is not important to have religion as it is to have spirituallity. The scriptures do not say have religion but to believe in Christ as the saviour. He said there was only one faith not one religion my pastor even teaches this in the church I go to. Yes I go to church but I go to learn more and to worship the one I believe in as my creator. But I am not saved by a church but only by grace and grace alone am I saved. And as far as the later, applogy excepted.thank for that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit