For the believers

by gentlesoul 107 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

Was thinkin' about you all... quite fondly... over the past few weeks. You people have my heart, truly!

For those of you who took offense at dear GentleSoul's... ummm... greeting... may I ask on his/her behalf that you overlook his/her zeal and remember that at one time you, too, were zealous to the point of offense (and if you weren't, you were certainly faking it, and IMHO that's even worse!)... about... something. Dear ones, it is only "right" to TAKE offense... when it intended... and even then... doing so rather quickly is "what lies with the stupid ones." Not that I'm calling anyone "stupid"... I'm suggesting no "shoes" to "fit" intended here; just simple truth.

Dearest GentleSoul... may you have peace. Dear one, that fact that someone does not want to hear what you have to say does not make them swine. A swine... is someone "unclean" - thus, when my Lord said to not throw our pearls before swine, he was meaning not to give what is holy to dogs... or not to give the "gifts" given us... to the hypocrites... those who lay heavy burdens on others to "not do this" and "not do that"... while they themselves are doing the very things. Such ones are unclean... on the inside: on the outside they appear as whitewashed graves, while inside they are full of dead men's bones. If there are such ones here... they are manifest.

But since you are new here, you most probably don't know anyone here enough yet to know whether they fall into such a category, that of being "unclean". So to make the determination that there are "swine" here... simply because you are not agreed with... is, in truth, judging. Which IF you are a true christian, you would know you are not to do.

A true christian can only know a man by means of what is revealed to him BY the spirit... and you did not indicate that our Lord revealed any "swine" to you, sooooo... I would exhort you to take care: because you yourself run the risk of being the very "swine" that you speak of.

How is that? Well, the fact that one states one believes in Christ and thereby simply calls oneself a "christian"... does not MAKE one a christian, dear one. The demons believe. They are not christians. And there are MANY who call themselves christians, and yet, their fruits and works show them to be anathema.

A true christian... is a "christ" or "chosen" person... by means of an anointing... choosing... with holy spirit. If, then, you are a true christian, by means of such choosing with holy spirit... then I exhort you to demonstrate that truth... by your LOVE... and the example of our Lord... who ate with sinners and tax collectors. Unlike Paul... who had to LEARN love... our Lord condemned NONE... not the adultereress woman brought to him... not the drunken men who were possessed by demons as a result... not the prostitutes... the extortioners... not even the idolators.

The ONLY folks he condemned... were the "FALSE christs" and "FALSE prophets"... the scribes and Pharisees... who misled his sheep and "shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men." Because of these... those seeking the mercy of God THROUGH Christ... were prevented... and so will reap the same judgment that they heaped on men.

But for ALL others who came to him, no matter their state of sin... whether manifested in by flesh or spirit... our Lord showed tender compassion and FORGAVE them... RELEASED them... FREELY... and said to them "Come to me!"

I say to, dear one... to take care. For Christ came to CALL... sinners... and NOT the [self] righteous... for the [self] righteous... have no need of salvation: such ones can save themselves... can they not?

Please, then, check your purpose for being here... your motive and your intent. If you have a work... be at that work... in love. If you feel that by being here you can save only one sheep... out of 99... out of 9,999... then you will have to decide for yourself it is worth your effort. But if you condemn the other 9,998... by means of believing you can "uproot the weeds"... without "uprooting the wheat"... you are fooling yourself. It is not your job to do.

I bid you the greatest of love... and peace.

Your servant, as I am servant to all those of the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with them, and a slave of Christ, by means of an anointing with holy spirit,

SJ

P.S. Davey, dear... did the 'nog shoot out your nose, too? Blekk!! I HATE when that happens!!! Peace and "happy, happy", sweetie!!

P. S. S. Gumball - here's lookin' at you, my dear!!

• gumby
    gumby

Shelbmeister!

Merry Christmas dammit! And how is my sweet friend?

That was a nice note you just sent. You have always been quite the compassionate and understanding one. I have been meaning to send you a note as I've missed you. I guess I could call eh?

I hope you have/had a Merry Christmas Shelb.

Big hugs from the Gumb{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

• seven006
    seven006

Shelby! How's my favorite Jesus person? Hope you having a good Chri..Hona....Thursday night.

Big hug from your favorite sinner,

Dave

You do know you are one confusing chick don't you?

Another big hug you crazy slave person.

GS,

Ya see how it's done now. We all think Shelby is way out there but she's so damn nice we can't help but like her. Besides that, she's a hot looking chick. We're all a bunch of crazy sinners, what do you expect?

Dave

• AGuest
    AGuest

Merry, merry, to you two "dudes", too, and to everyone else! I had a WONDERFUL day yesterday, doing... well, almost nothing. Didn't cook a thing; ate out... breakfast and dinner. Saw a movie (Cold Mountain)... loved it. That Nicole Kidman... what a talent! And Jude Law ain't nothing to scoff at either - what a cutie! (Still, he ain't Laurence Fishburne... )

Didn't "do" the "holiday" thing (who can afford it?!!)... but have absolutely NO problem "rejoicing with those who rejoice". So, returning earnest greetings... whether "merry" this or "happy" that... with "and you as well"... was cool!

Took a break from the forum for a bit... health reasons... ain't gettin' any younger... and on occasion the "battle" takes it toll - I eat more carbs than I should sometimes (the "bad" ones, of course) and so my blood glucose goes wacky and I don't do so good! Gotta keep goin' to doctors and such! (BAD Shelby! BAD!)

But I do miss you all... even the most... ummmm... "stubborn" of youse. I remember my own "zeal" from my former Borg days... when all good reason was lost on me because I was... ummmm... "reasoning from the scriptures" - yeah, right... uh-huh... and I also remember my own zeal before my Lord taught me love; he taught me faith, first, and so I was flyin' on that - ready to move mountains and such, I was. But I have since learned from him even that will only get you so far, because as Paul said (and quite truthfully, too!), that if you have all sorts of gifts (and faith is a gift of the spirit), but don't have love... of what benefit is it?

He's still working on me... I think I've got "long-suffering" down - my Lord knows in dealing with some 'o you boyz I have to have that! But we're still working on the "goodness, kindness, mildness"... and certainly the "self-control" (NO more chocolate, Shelby! Well, okay... not so much, then...).

And then there's joy and peace and... ahh, well... praise JAH there's still a bit of time for me (although, if I don't keep my "sugar" under control...)

But I have thought and do think of you all frequently... you are in my thoughts and prayers. Thus:

May the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, the Most Holy One of Israel, who is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and whose name is JAH... of Armies... and the peace and love of His Son and Christ, my dear Lord and Master... JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, the Holy One of Israel... be upon ALL of you... you and your households... if you so wish it.

I am your servant... and a slave of Christ... to time indefinite...

SJ

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Darn it! Just when I think Aguest is going to have to be carted off - she winds up coming out and saying something utterly beautiful and perfect.

Sheesh, maybe she IS inspired, or at least has a good idea of what I'm really thinking. Hm, psychic?

CZAR

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

((((((Dear AGuest))))) ,

I have read many of your past posts here and this last one of yours on this thread. I have a question for you: are you a Prophetess - serving who? I suggest you attentively ponder on the Holy Scriptures rather than making observations out of your own understanding if you consider yourself a true Christian - that's the right thing to do. Speak less - show us proof from the Scriptures instead..

This is what you said:

But if you condemn the other 9,998... by means of believing you can "uproot the weeds"... without "uprooting the wheat"... you are fooling yourself. It is not your job to do.

Here is what the Scriptures say AGuest, if you consider yourself a true Christian - receive it and embraced it:

ISAIAH 54:17:" Any weapon whatever that will be formed against you will have no success, and any tongue at all that will rise up against you in the judgement you will condemn. This is the hereditary possession of the servants of Jehovah, and their righteousness is from me, is the utterance of Jehovah."

Christian Love,

AAF

• AGuest
    AGuest

may you have peace... and (((((((((((AAF)))))))))))) back at 'cha!

I started to respond to this thread, and the Spirit directed me to read your other reply first, which I did. I have now been sent back to respond here, if you will indulge me. Thank you!

You stated/ask:

I have read many of your past posts here and this last one of yours on this thread. I have a question for you: are you a Prophetess - serving who?
    I can only say to you that I am a good-for-nothing-slave, called by the Most Holy One of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, whose name is JAH... of Armies (Psalm 68:4)... through His Son and Christ, my Lord and Master, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... the One who comes in the NAME of JAH... to serve His people, Israel... and those who go with them... first... and then all of mankind, as my "neighbor" afterward. I worship God, JAH of Armies... through His Son and Christ, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH. And I slave... for Christ. Willingly.
    I suggest you attentively ponder on the Holy Scriptures rather than making observations out of your own understanding if you consider yourself a true Christian -
    As a true christian... I can do NOTHING of my own initiative, nor can I speak as I do from my own understanding. Indeed, rather THAN lean upon my OWN understanding... in ALL of my ways... I try to take notice of JAH and let HIM make my paths straight. What I share, then... is what is given me... by my Lord. And so, just as I hear... I obey. And all that he has given me TO speak... is indeed written in the scriptures. For as my Lord has said to me: "All that I will tell you is written; however, not all that is written is what I will tell you."
    What he meant by this is that all that he tells me... and I endeavor to share with those he has sent me to... is written, but not necessarily contained in the Bible. For the Bible... is not "scripture." And if you were a true christian, you would know that.
    For you would know that the "Bible" is merely a compilation of various writings, including scripture, as well as histories, chronologies, records and letters. You would know that while scripture is inspired, the Bible is not; even Luke himself attests to that, saying that he received what he did NOT from holy spirit... but from the testimony of others (eyewitnesses)... and that he wrote NOT by instruction from God through Christ (which is how true prophets are directed to write), but at the behest of Theophilus, a non-christian who wanted to know what was occurring between the "christians" and the Jews. Luke 1:1-4; Acts 1:1
    You would know that our Lord himself had recorded for us what IS scripture... the Psalms, Moses and the Prophets... and John's revelation... and that all such ones attest to being led by the spirit and/or are attested to as being led by the spirit. Luke 24:27, 32, 44, 45 Please note, that at the time my Lord was showing his disciples "from the Scriptures"... nothing past Malachi had been written. This is WHY he could say to some, "You have READ in the Scriptures" and "you know NEITHER the Scriptures NOR God..." and "you are SEARCHING the Scriptures". Did you notice that at Luke 24:27 it states, "he interpreted to them things pertaining to himself IN ALL THE SCRIPTURES?" Matthew 21:42; John 5:39 You would know that the Bible does NOT contained all scripture, for it does not contain the Books of Enoch or Jashur... which books were inspired. It also does not contain Paul's (?) first letter to the Corinthians, but contains his second and third, which were renamed as his first and second by those men who compiled the canon that our modern versions come from... the Latin Vulgate.
    If you were a true christian, you would know this... because the One who would have called you to BE among his "chosen" ones... would have told you... AND shown you... IN THE BIBLE... where these things are true. For you would have needed to BE shown... for you are still a "babe". So, you are correct in your quotation and it is true that ALL scripture IS inspired. And Paul himself reasoned FROM the scriptures. He did not, however, reason... from the Bible.
    that's the right thing to do.
    Unfortunately, I must beg to differ with you: the RIGHT thing to do... is obey God. If then, HE directs you to speak... and He does so to His true servants down to this very day by means of His SON... through whom He speaks to US... then, truly... you should speak. For to NOT do so... means disobedience... and possibly even blood on your head.
    Ezekiel 3:20, 21; Hebrews 1:2
    Speak less - show us proof from the Scriptures instead...
    I am sorry, truly, but I can not obey you in this, dear AAF, for I obey none any among earthling man with regard to this matter. You cannot add one cubit to my life span. But there is One who can... and it is to His voice that I listen... and His Word... that I obey.
    John 10:3, 27; Matthew 17:5; John 1:14; Revelation 19:13 You quote me as stating:
    But if you condemn the other 9,998... by means of believing you can "uproot the weeds"... without "uprooting the wheat"... you are fooling yourself. It is not your job to do.

What I have said is true. It is not even for the angels to do.

Here is what the Scriptures say AGuest, if you consider yourself a true Christian - receive it and embraced it:
    ISAIAH 54:17:" Any weapon whatever that will be formed against you will have no success, and any tongue at all that will rise up against you in the judgement you will condemn. This is the hereditary possession of the servants of Jehovah, and their righteousness is from me, is the utterance of Jehovah."

And I absolutely agree with what the Prophet said; I have been guaranteed such by my Lord... which is why I love him so... and why I come here... as he has directed me... to do HIS work. I am not sure, however, why you choose to use this particular quote in light of our discussion. Perhaps you are referring to my comments to GentleSoul regarding [self] righteousness. If so, then perhaps I should clarify what you may have missed in this very scripture: do you see where the utterance of JAH is that "their righteousness IS FROM ME?" This means that it is JAH, by means of Christ who declares ones righteous... and not they themselves. So that, just because one THINKS one is "better" than another... does not necessarily make it so.

I give YOU the account of the "good" Samaritan. This man, although a brother of the Jews by means of hailing from the 10-tribe kingdom of Israel (the Samaritans), versus coming from the 2-tribe kingdom of Judah (the Jews), was despised by the Jews and considered an enemy. Why? Because he did not worship as the Jews did. According to the Jews... and the Law... worship was to be rendered at the temple at Jerusalem.
    But the Samaritans... worshipped in the mountains... false worship, actually, after a system set up by Jeroboam. Because of this system, the 10-tribe kingdom of Israel... Oholah... was rejected by JAH... and constituted an enemy of Israel.
    Yet, on the day this Samaritan man encountered the beaten and robbed JEWISH man left for dead on the road, already a Levite AND a priest from among the Jews had passed over him. They, although seeing their fellow Jew, a true brother, dying on the road... shut the door of THEIR tender compassions and walked on. It was the Jewish man's ENEMY... a Samaritan... who showed compassion for him... love... so that he bound the man's wounds, cared for him, and paid for him to receive additional care. And according to the account, in my Lord's opinion, this man, the Samaritan, although NOT worshipping as the Jews did, NOT living according to the Law as the Jews did... PROVED himself more righteous... by means of PROVING himself to be a neighbor and have LOVE for his neighbor... than did those who considered THEMSELVES righteous... simply because they adhered to a "form of worship" previously prescribed by God. These, though, the Jews who left their own brother for dead... had a FORM of "godly devotion"... but proved FALSE... to its power. It was the infidel... the Samaritan... who proved his godly devotion by loving... even his enemy.
    Matthew 5:43-48
    I must now say that I think you have me pegged wrong, dear AAF... based on your own zeal. You think you "know" me, by means of having read a couple of responses; unfortunately, I have to say that you do not... not at all. But stick around; I am not hard to get to know: I have no agenda other than doing my Lord's will, and I have no secrets - I hide nothing because I have nothing TO hide... and I have nothing to hide, so I hide nothing.
    I am not ashamed of who and what I am, dear one... of being a slave and a good-for-nothing one at that. I have absolutely NO problem taking up the "torture stake" that is my Lord's... even when that means being ridiculed. It comes with the "territory"... for a prophet is not welcome in his/her home territory... nor is a slave greater than his/her master. When my Lord called ME... I answered the call and said, "I will go." It was a vow I took... and plan with all my heart, mind, soul and strength to keep... whether you and others hear... or refrain.
    The greatest of love and peace to you... as well...
    Your servant and a slav of Christ,
    SJ

P.S. Please know that I do not put my trust in earthling man... nor in the Bible. I put it in the One in whom the Most Holy One of Israel TOLD me to: His Son. For it is about HIM that the scripture bear witness. HE is the "copper serpent" lifted up for ME... and it is upon HIM that I keep my gaze... not turning to the right or the left. If YOU need to have the Law... written on paper in delible ink to guide YOU... so be it. As for ME... I will follow the Law... that has been written... and continues to be written... on my heart... by the Son of God. Since HE is the Way, the Truth and the Life... and NO ONE can come to God except THROUGH him... I choose to enter... through him. Again, I bid you peace.

• avishai
    avishai

Yup, AGuest, I take back all the mean stuff I may have said, to you!. You're ok in my book!!!

• seven006
    seven006

Avi.

Shelby has a way of doing that. I don't agree with a word she says but ya just got to love her cuz she's so damn nice. I'm glad she's on the board. She helps in the balancing act with guys like me and JT.

Ya just got'ta love this place.

Dave

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Aguest is frickin' amazing - she really is. I'm not a believer by any means, but everything she says rings with sincerity. The amazing thing is that she wants nothing from anybody, just wants to talk, and she does it so well.

It makes me wonder if there is anything behind her visions.

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit