For the believers

by gentlesoul 107 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I truly do not think he/she means to offend... me or anyone else. He/she is just trying to do what he/she thinks is "right"... as we all do from time to time.

Forgive me AGuest, I have not interacted with you very much on this board, although I do have tremendous respect for you and your position.

And yet when I read your words I quoted above, I could not help but think of the Saul, who later became the apostle Paul. Saul, as you well know, worked in opposition to God, persecuted and killed Christians (notably the disciple Stephen). But yet he felt, at that time, what he was doing was right in God's eyes. Was it truly?

Apparently not, for Christ appeared to him in a vision and showed him in the only way he could understand that the way he viewed as righteous was not and instead worked in opposition to God.

My only point in bringing this up is that I am struck by the contrast between someone who is inclusive in her beliefs, i..e a God who loves all humanity, and someone who is exclusive, i.e. one who bases all matters concerning faith based on one issue that is apparently close to her heart.

As for myself, I would never dare limit my God, or sit in judgment on another. My feeling is that I have so many flaws that I need to concern myself with myself, not the flaws or apparent flaws of others. My belief is we all stand before God and must answer to him for our lives, whether they be good or evil. My belief is that God must decide, according to his own standards, who is and who isn't true. It is my hope that I do not disappoint my God. Having been the victim of judgmental people, notably Jehovah's Witnesses, I cannot in good conscience sit in judgment on another. I do not have the intelligence, nor has my God seen fit to disclose to me, who is and who isn't, favored by him.

As for the rest, I leave that up to my God. I am willing to let those issues go into his care.

Be well,

Chris

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    You should be able to see how non-believers of the Christian faith might see that as arrogant and insulting.

AMEN, AMAC!!!

Terri of the non-believer persuasion

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Please tell me your feelings on this subject as I feel that I should not be here but for some reason keep returning....

Gentlesoul, I think you keep coming because you feel that there is a good energy here in this group..........and alot of loving kindness and caring.......yeah, sometimes some of us can get touchy when we feel like someone is trying to play a "shame game" on us........it's what we were subjected to for so many years by the WTS, and yes, by Christianity in some cases. It can be a real sore spot at times..........you can take the person out of the cult, but it takes a looonnnngggg time to take the cult out of the person................

Terri

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

AAF,

((((((Dear AGuest)))))

Why don't you just come out from under your wooly sheep's coat and go straight for her throat without the disgusting display above.........it sickens my soul that you are so blinded.............yeah........there we go.........pluck the rafter from your own blinded eye before you dare try to suggest someone remove their splinter! And don't you dare even give me any of that false garbage you call christianity........I don't want it.........you remind me too much of what I lived in for twenty years as a JDub.

I'm asking any moderator if she sends me any message to please delete it! I don't even want to have to see it on this board!

Terri

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

JamesThomas,

I have always LOVED this quote from the moment I heard it.........

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there."

Terri

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

((((((Dear AGuest)))))

You said:". I truly do not think he/she means to offend... me or anyone else. He/she is just trying to do what he/she thinks is "right"... as we all do from time to time. .

The wisest comment on this entire thread intended towards me. AGuest you are a good person, sweetheart. It is the truth - I try to do what I think is right.

I don't agree with your beliefs, but that doesn't mean we can't be friends.

Christian Love,

AAF

• AGuest
    AGuest

peace to you!

You state/ask:

when I read your words I quoted above, I could not help but think of the Saul, who later became the apostle Paul. Saul, as you well know, worked in opposition to God, persecuted and killed Christians (notably the disciple Stephen). But yet he felt, at that time, what he was doing was right in God's eyes. Was it truly?

No, Paul was NOT "right"... on a number of things. That is why I was directed by my Lord to give dear AAF the examples I did... of how Paul had to change... all of which changes took place... AFTER he was called.

Unfortunately, there are those who put their faith in Paul... rather than in Christ. Thankfully, the apostles didn't. That is why there were many disagreements between him and them. And at times, they, too, were "wrong"... when they followed their own hearts, rather than the Christ.

But because the Father loves us... He disciplines us. Not punishes... but trains... through Christ... by means of holy spirit. For it is our ANOINTING that teaches us... and not the Bible/scriptures. It took some time before Paul... a former Pharisee... were able to grasp this truth.

John 14:26; 15:13; 1 John 1:27

Anyway... if dear AAF's heart is upright... he/she'll get it... eventually. My hope is that this is what occurs... for him/her... as well as for all... if they so wish it.

Again, the greatest of peace to you, dear Chris!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• AGuest
    AGuest

may you have peace, truly... but I must caution you against thinking that I am "good". If you knew me, you would know that I am good-for-nothing... a foremost sinner. There are only two who are "good"... my Father, the Most Holy One of Israel, whose name is JAH... of Armies... and the One whom He glorified as His Christ, and can therefore also be considered "good"... His Son, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH.

And please know that I do not say this to make you think I believe myself "righteous" by doing so. I say it... because it is the truth: the things that I say here... whether they be a sharing of what has been given me about what is true... or whether they simply be statements offered in love... are ONLY because such things... and such love... is what has been given ME. I have received free... and thus, I share/give free.

But I am no better than you or anyone else here; a little different, maybe, in that I cannot hide who and what I am. But otherwise... most probably everyone else here is more "righteous" than I am. That is why I have readily given myself over AS a slave: there is One who gave his life to set me FREE... washed me in his blood, holy spirit... so that my errors are "covered"... and my sins "blotted out". By means of this, I can approach the throne of God... freely... having freedom of speech when I do. And I can share with those here, including you, freely... with freedom of speech and a squeaky clean conscience.

I have no illusions then, dear one, about myself. You are not my enemy... and even if you were, the command from my Lord is for me to love you. Because you profess to be my "brother", however, I am even more indebted to you... as my neighbor and as your servant.

I am glad, then, that you have not chosen to "mark" me any more than you have... for I wish you no illwill. That we don't see eye-to-eye with regard to the Bible is, to me, a minor thing. Whether it is you... or I... who "transgress" law... remains to be seen. However, whether we are willing to see our respective ways to SURPASS "law"... by means of LOVE... will bear witness to who and what we truly are. For there is NO law... AGAINST love... and love... covers a MULTITUDE of transgressions.

Again, I bid you peace, and I remain,

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit