For the believers

by gentlesoul 107 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

It's GS.....not GB

Gumby

• seven006
    seven006

<<<They probably do a much better job at it than the non-believing sarcastic bastards like Dave and Minimus.......(just kiddin , bastards)>>>

I just blew eggnog all over my screen again. Knock it off Gumby!

Dave

• gumby
    gumby
    I just blew eggnog all over my screen again. Knock it off Gumby

I knew you was having a nip ya sneak!

Speaking of eggnog......thats some good crap! My little dub wife brought some home the other night and I forgot how good it was........now I'm gonna go down to circle K and buy some more dammit.

If you DID drink on weekends dave.....I'd have a 'toast" with ya I haven't had one yet myself, but I think it's time, as it's a quarter after 12 and my conscience will allow it! Cheers bud

Gumby

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

How sad that we are "swine" because we do not reduce God down to anthropomorphic deity who will kill you if you do not accept and honor him. Many here have had quite enough of threats of death and destruction by the blood drenched hands of a vengeful human-like god; especially when they can readily find within their own hearts love and compassion far more beautiful than that attributed to the Christian idea of God. They may not even be aware of this contrast. But deeper wisdom often reveals itself via heartfelt pain and sorrow when people come proclaiming "worship my god, accept my god -- or die." (camouflage it any way you like, but this is the core of the Judeo-Christian/Islamic message) On the surface such preaching may seem like love and concern for others, but look deeper and you will find fear of death at the hands of their tyrannical and watchful deity, and greed for heavenly reward (Gentlesoul, was honest enough to admit it when he/she said "It was purely out of concern for my own salvation...that I wrote this post.") Whereas man-made religious beliefs are bound tightly by greed and fear, true-love and Divinity have no relationship to these things at all. Many believers of a tiny vengeful god are fine and kind people. Some have seen beyond the fundamental veils of their religion and embrace deeper understanding. However, the most unconditionally loving, accepting and genuinely kind people I have come across -- have no religions chains at all. j Swine Class

• Xandria
    Xandria

Everyone,

Sorry, but this is not an enough said for me. As for GS's apology it was very back handed in this context to me. Since I was the only one who specifically quoted scripture. Again, GS has not got the point. You have judged my heart and yet you do not know me. You do not know my standing with God, nor have you asked. (Nor is it any of your business, as to the relationship I may have or may not have with God.) Yet, in this parting statement in your apology (see quote):

I am a Christian and one who dedicates his life to God and Christ, crucify me if you will but even death cannot make me stray for I fear not man nor death. I have a strong walk with the Lord and am not sorry if it bothers some of you..I never intended to consider or to judge anyone as "PIGS" I merely stated scripture. I also noticed that there were a few who posted here who have disowned Christian faith but yet seemed it fit to quote scripture, that in itself is hypocritical.

Minumus thanks for your support and it is nice to see others here still keeping the faith in the Lord and it gives me great pleasure and strength to continue here as a poster. May God keep you well brother....And to everyone have a very Merry Christmas and God Bless.

You assumed that those who posted scripture have disowned Christian Faith. GS, are you a god ? Can you read my heart. Thusly, you have missed the mark by assuming the role of Lord and Savior and trying to read my heart. No man, can read the heart of others. By your judging you have abducted the role of the Savior, which is not your place. So by doing so, you have rendered your apology moot and obsolete. For true Christian Love is non-conditional or judgemental.

You can have faith to move mountains, but it means nothing with out love. No one has the right to tell another how to praise, know and/or have a relationship or not with God. There is a little thing called "Free Will" all of us are responsible for our relationship or otherwise. You can tell someone of God, but unless you live it again it is hypocritical. Many have seen that hypocrisy in work, even in this thread did we see it.

• Judgement of one's standing or lack there of with God. With out knowing anyone here on this board.

To me it is just going through the motions. God is not a mindset or ritual or forced belief system. Nor is it up to man to interpret it for any of us. So with that I turn down your apology, for I take it as judging and critical. You have judged and it is not your place. With that, I say: Good day to you.

X.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Xandria,

few who posted here who have disowned Christian faith but yet seemed it fit to quote scripture, that in itself is hypocritical

Well, this statement is of course illogical and shows GS inability to grasp these theological issues without resorting to ad hominem points of view, but he/she did apologize and for what is worth it seems to be about the best that he/she is able to do at present. Give GS time.

Best regards - HS

• texarcanada
    texarcanada

I have to say if nothing else, this thread has been a soothing break from christmas with the in-laws. Now that I have reached the end I guess I'll revert back to drinking.

• pamkw
    pamkw

I do not have any guilt, but I also thought the pearls before swine thing was insulting. I left the guilt when I left the Bible behind. I am not less a person because I no longer want to be Christian. I am myself.

Pam

• seven006
    seven006

Gumby.

Id drink with you anytime pal, even non stop Monday though Friday like you do. BTW, you might want to cut back on watching so much South Park. You're starting to sound too much like Cartmen. This is the best season yet isn't it? The boys heading off to Raisins cracked me up. It was better than the Mormon episode.

Take care pal and try a little rum or bourbon in that nog. Without the booze, it's just egg milk with a little nutmeg in it.

Take care,

Dave

• SM62
    SM62
    yeah...pigs are ok......but try and give one to a lady instead of a pearl and see what happens!

Well, this lady would be over the moon. Give me a pig rather than a pearl any day - I love them!

Terri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit