For the believers

by gentlesoul 107 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus
    I never intended to consider or to judge anyone as "PIGS" I merely stated scripture.

Maybe you could choose your scriptures better. I hear buddha has some nice ones.

Cheers

SS

• minimus
    minimus

Nope, Dave----YOU are now an official part of the "triplets". It is your destiny to be with us! And I can see that you will, excuse me, you DO fit right in with us. If Farkel was dead, he'd be turning in his grave. He'd be swearing at you, telling you, "I told you to stay away from those F***ING IDIOTS!!! But --YOU thought you knew better. Now, you're one of them. Get behind me, Stupid.".....I can see it now! OMG!!....Remember Dave, You're playing with the big boys now.

• seven006
    seven006

GS,

Accept this as a lesson learned. No one is out to crucify anyone so jump off the wood. Stick around and keep an open mind. You will find this board has a large group of people who are intelligent and well educated in many religions. That is why you get a broad spectrum of insights. Whether you base your "possibly unintended" insults on biblical scripture or not, it didn't make it right. Many of us see the bible for what it is, a book of mythical stories loosely based on a few historical facts. If you keep that in mind it may help you look beyond it's slave/master mentality and use some non-scripture based real live human kindness.

You are as welcome here as any exJW. What other path you choose or what ever god you end up buying is fine with every one here. Just be careful how and where you leave your coupons for free samples.

Take care,

Dave

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Next time try some organic crack

I think I will. I'll run down to Whole Foods and see if I can get some before New Year's.

Of course Valis has some very good brownies you should try sometime. They're good for what ails you.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

What I really want to know is why do pigs get such a bad rap all the time? Either they're accused of not being worthy of pearls (who really are but oysters?), or they're being linked with chauvanism and bad behaviour. When have you ever seen a pig discriminate on the basis of gender, hey?

It's slanderous, that's what it is. Pigs are intelligent, not pig-headed like humans. And they're clean in their own way. And when a pig becomes your friend, that pig is always your friend!

Besides all that, when you slice 'em thin and fry 'em, they're delicious! How many Christians can you say that of?

Expatbrit

• seven006
    seven006

Min, if you and Gumball are the big boys and what I should aspire to be like, I'm definitely buying that home lobotomy kit I saw at the 7/11 store.

Don't try to suck me into your evil plans. I'm weak and impressionable ya know.

BTW, good job one the "I'm jesus person too" post, it was a little mean but I'm still cracking up over that one. You are classic pal. You know it's not nice to pick on the Christians, they're not all bad. Some of them on this board are actually very open minded, quite intelligent and genuinely caring people.

Take care Min,

Dave

• minimus
    minimus

so I guess I don't have to pm you, after all. Now, Dave, as much as this might hurt, when you're in---you're in. YOU have no choice but to accept and enjoy it. We triplets are all blood brothers now. So, stop your whining or Gumby will have to teach you some tough love. You got it, my little intellectual trip?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Besides all that, when you slice 'em thin and fry 'em, they're delicious!

mmmmm ... nothing better than chopped pig entrail pizza and a cold beer.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

GS,

Apology accepted. Nuff said.

Kind regards - HS

• gumby
    gumby
    Pigs are intelligent, not pig-headed like humans. And they're clean in their own way. And when a pig becomes your friend, that pig is always your friend!

yeah...pigs are ok......but try and give one to a lady instead of a pearl and see what happens!

Thumbs up to Gentlesoul for the apology as I think it was greatly needed. When jesus spoke those words (as proposed), he did not say it in a crowd of ones with mixed feelings, but rather to like minded diciples. To speak in that manner to ones with varying feelings is to point a finger. According to the bible jesus could read hearts.....so in saying what he did, a christian could believe his words at the time. To USE his words on a persons own terms, and on THEIR own occasion, is acting as a judge in jesus place.

I want to say I admire, and enjoy, and appreciate, Ozzie, Mouthy, Shelby, LittleToe, and others here who never judge others nor get involved in heated debates, yet are themselves believers. They truelly have learned how to temper their words when sharing their feelings and beliefs. They probably do a much better job at it than the non-believing sarcastic bastards like Dave and Minimus.......(just kiddin , bastards)

Merry Christmas,

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit