For the believers

by gentlesoul 107 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby
    LUKE 8:11:" Now the illustration means this: The seed is the word of God."NWT

AAF....there was no New Testement when those words above were penned.It hadn't been written yet. That"seed" hadn't sprouted yet.

You still think and act like a witness. You think doctrinal correctness is what is pleasing to god......not what a person is on the inside. Nearly everyone on this board does not see eye to eye with you and your attitude toward others. Have you ever thought to wonder why?

Gumby

• AGuest
    AGuest

oops!

• AGuest
    AGuest

I am compelled by the spirit of my Father, through my Lord... to ask that you all please overlook his/her "zeal", if you can. I truly do not think he/she means to offend... me or anyone else. He/she is just trying to do what he/she thinks is "right"... as we all do from time to time.

Even Paul judged early on. He even gave the direction to do so against those whose conduct he condemned. But he was disciplined (in love, of course!) and corrected, so that he not only changed his position - from "remove the wicked man"... to "so that ON THE CONTRARY NOW, you should kindly FORGIVE and COMFORT him" (1 Corinthians 5:13; 2 Corinthians 2:7)... and from "Do you not judge those inside?"... to "Therefore, you are inexcusable, O man, WHOEVER you are, if you judge," and "... why do you judge your own brother? Or why do you also look down on your brother..." and "Therefore, let us NOT be judging one another ANY LONGER, but rather make THIS... YOUR decision.. not to put before a brother a stumbling block or cause for tripping (Romans 2:1;14:10, 13)."

I do not doubt that dear AAF loves God and Christ; it is just that he/she has not yet learned how to live according to the NEW Covenant... pursuant to the Law of LOVE... a Law which, unlike the Old Covenant... which although designed to teach Israel how to recognize it's OWN sins rather than pointing out those of others, and which Law condemned to death... teaches US to look out for OURSELVES... while mercifully FORGIVING and RELEASED others from their transgressions whatever they may be.

Matthew 5:7, 43-48; 7:1-5; Luke 6:37; Mark 11:25

And may the undeserved kindness and mercy of the Most Holy One of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, whose name is JAH of Armies... be upon dear AAF... if he/she so wishes it... so that he/she may learn the TRUE "fast" of JAH... stated at Isaiah 58:6-9... the TRUE "sacred service" that is born out in MERCY... and not "sacrifice"... so that he/she will ALSO hear the voice of my Lord, who WILL answer and DOES answer...when called... through His Son and Christ... and so receive the TRUE peace of God, which my Lord, His Son and Christ, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH gives... to time indefinite.

And may you all... have peace.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

(((((((Dear AGuest))))))

You are free to exercise your free will that God gave you: as well myself - I have that same right. I rely on the BIble for holy counsel; and because you have stated: " I don't trust in the Bible"- I don't consider yourself a true Christian. The Holy Bible is a Sacred Book for Christians. And if you don't trust it , I don't trust anything you say - even as truthful it may sound because Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.

I would like you to know that I love you as you are, AGuest. I don't trust you as a Christian because you said:"I dont trust the Bible".

REVELATION 3:19:" All those for whom I have affection I reprove and discipline. Therefore be zealous and repent."NWT

Sincerely,

Christian Love,

AAF

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Holy Bible is a Sacred Book for Christians. And if you don't trust it , I don't trust anything you say - even as truthful it may sound because Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.

HS

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Wow AAF...you have found a way to be even more insulting than the person who called us all swine a while back. How utterly sad....

• Aztec
    Aztec

Reading this thread has renewed my belief that many Christians are not very Christ-like. GentleSoul and AAF, thanks for that.

~Aztec, never mistaken for an angel of light

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

(((((Dear drwtsn 32))))), You said:

"Wow AAF...you have found a way to be even more insulting than the person who called us all swine a while back. How utterly sad...."

I rely on the Bible for Godly counsel for my benefit and as well for the benefit of my fellowmen when I preach to them. The Holy Scriptures contained in the Bible are for the benefit of us all. The Bible equips us Christians to be competent Godly People to teach others: 2 TIMOTHY 3:16:" ALL Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness,"NWT 2 TIMOTHY 3:17:" that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work."NWT Christian Love, AAF

• Aztec
    Aztec

Yes, the bible is inspired because the bible says so. Okay....

I dislike it when people assume that the only reason someone would reject a belief system such as Christianity is because they have been hurt by their former beliefs. That may be true for some people but for many of us it is because we have come to that conclusion through logic and intellectual pursuit. When I left the Witnesses I didn't become an agnostic overnight. In fact I still believed that they had the "truth" for quite a while. I did do some studying and reading on Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism and Islam as well and I noticed a lot of core similarities (especially amongst Judaism, Islam and Christianity) I went on to further study religion as a whole and start reading philosophy. It was through this that I became an agnostic and then an atheist. I didn't reject god and religion, I just discovered that Santa isn't real.

I don't care what other people believe as long as they don't treat me condescendingly for coming to the conclusions I have.

~Aztec

• avishai
    avishai

Geez, I sure wish this board had an ignore function. I guess I'll just close my eyes whenever AAF's post's come up. They just make me too angry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit