Spirit Channeling at Wallkill's Bethel

by Marie33 84 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

You continue to ignore my question. Did you have any legitimate psychic/clairvoyant powers?

Let's put the Bible away for a moment. I didn't come to believe in the supernatural because of the Bible, but from my own personal experiences.

• James Jack
    James Jack

Eggs that are fertilized will have a black line

• Londo111
    Londo111

I watched the video and am highly skeptical of that the leaders of the Watchtower practice any such thing.

At best, if the story in the video is true, it just sounds like a maverick Bethelite with very out there beliefs. I don’t undertand why as a gung-ho Bethelite, he didn’t immediately get up and run when he talked about spiritism and report him to the Bethel elders. That is what a mentally-in JW is indoctrinated to do.

All the other links is based on supposition upon supposition. There are far too facts to draw a conclusion.

I watched the second video as well on the subject and was hoping that he would clarify matters, as I was trying to keep an open mind. Or that perhaps he would produce the mysterious notebook. But he says he’s only going to talk about it for people who call or text him.

I agree with a previous post. Why would any gung-ho JW keep something that was supposed to be connected with spiritism? It doesn’t seem to add up.

• deegee
    deegee

Knowsnothing:
    I met with a woman that did limpias, which is Spanish for spiritual cleansings............. She then cracked the egg open and let the yolk sink into the glass of water. What I saw amazed me. There was black ink surrounding the egg. She said more cleaning was needed. She did the same process, and this time, besides the black\greyish ink surrounding the yolk, directly on top of the hill there was a perfectly domed bubble. It looked very much like an eye.

James Jack:
    Eggs that are fertilized will have a black line.

Or with slight of hand:

- Switch the eggs

- Use a hypodermic needle to inject black dye or stale blood into the egg then seal with super glue or white wax.

- Use another animal's egg instead of a chicken's egg.

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/egg-cleansing.359696/

Folks, if you ever pay someone to do a Limpia on you, and they find some kind of foreign object inside the shell, it is a scam. The worst you should ever find in there is some blood spots, maybe some black material if the egg has begun to rot, or even an embryonic chicken. There can bubbles, discoloration, streaks of white, or a bad smell. All of these things can be found quite NATURALLY in the egg – and THAT is what you are trying to read.

But anything else: iron shavings, dirt, hair, stones, other animals, bones, glass, copious amounts of blood or black liquid, feathers, etc, etc, etc, – all of these things are stage-tricks meant to convince you to cough up cash.
    Charlatans that work this way can either use sleight-of-hand to make it appear the object came from the egg, or they simply poked a small hole in the egg-shell, inserted the object, and sealed the shell with white wax. (These are old tricks – and I know them because I was once a close-up stage magician.)

https://aaronleitch.wordpress.com/2014/05/14/a-warning-about-limpias-egg-cleansings/amp/:

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

While I do not believe the bit about pulling people into secret rooms in the tunnel (everyone has access to the tunnel and although there are rooms in it and access doors they are not secret), I am sure some attempts at channeling and such foolishness were probably tried by people there.

I saw some of the strangest things in my brief time there that were just as strange I would say. Back in the time I was there I remember some of the other black brothers that were there were heavy into bowties and the use of elegant words. Bowties not only worn by the black brothers but there was a small group that wore them and spoke VERY VERY eloquently. Most from Chicago and surrounding and NY. They were very standoffish too.

I hung out with one of them playing basketball and a few months later invited me to a post-family study watchtower study. I went and while I was there they had all of these extra books (not WT literature) and they were cross-referencing with this and that. Way more than I was ready for. And they were all calling each other "god". I was like WTF.

Some of them ended up being kicked-out. They were combining 5% and Watchtower teachings and NOI stuff. I will admit it was the first time I actually learned that the NOI and the founder William Fard Muhammad used Charles Taze Russell teachings as the bases for early NOI doctrine. WTF

There was talk of brothers using wigi boards. In the library in the 25-30 building there were Qurans and various other spiritual books and I saw a Book of the Dead in there as well... weird shit

Bethel had the looniest, craziest groups of witnesses you ever did meet. Many of the older brothers there were blatant racists, some actually spoke about their own ideas of how teachings could be refined etc...

THe place was full of people who were seeking something, and willing to try anything

• jp1692
    jp1692

KN: That's why I asked if besides research, have you ever actually tried anything to do with spiritism.

Actually, you didn't ask me that. (I just reread your post).

A time or two I played around with spiritism. What a complete waste of time.

Not interested.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Thanks for the extra info, deegee. Yes, there are many fakes around.

1. She didn't charge me.

2. The eggs were something I bought at the store several miles from her house.

3. At no point in time did she switch the eggs.

4. What a coincidence that the 2 eggs contained the material.

5. I understand being able to inject black ink, but there was also the eye, perfectly half-sphere.

Again, this is only one of the experiences I had. Alas, I know it's hard to believe in this stuff unless you experience it yourself, so I don't fault anyone.

I will continue to ask about your experience. Were you clairvoyant, or did you only believe yourself to be?

• deegee
    deegee
    .......but there was also the eye, perfectly half-sphere ~ Knowsnothing

https://aaronleitch.wordpress.com/2014/05/14/a-warning-about-limpias-egg-cleansings/amp/:

All of these things can be found quite NATURALLY in the egg.

James Jack:
    Eggs that are fertilized will have a black line.

Were you clairvoyant, or did you only believe yourself to be? ~ Knowsnothing

What is your reason for asking? Does this somehow prove to you that demons exist?
    Or are you trying to achieve these abilities/"powers" yourself?

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

"All of these things can be found quite naturally in the egg"

I eat eggs daily. I crack them over a pan, and they have never had what I saw. I've seen some with blood spots, I've had some rotten and smell awful.

The best part is that these were 2 eggs in a row. The only other explanation besides it being legit, was that they were tampered with at the moment of the ritual. These eggs didn't have merely a black line, it was what appeared to be ink.

"What is your reason for asking? Does this somehow prove to you that demons exist?

Or are you trying to achieve these abilities/"powers" yourself?"

I believe you continue to refuse to answer because you know the implications. I don't believe you are or were crazy, I believe your experience was real. Perhaps not a communication with God, but with spirits that gave you this ability.

I used to want those abilities, but now I know where they come from and want nothing to do with them.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    silentbuddha: I hung out with one of them playing basketball and a few months later invited me to a post-family study watchtower study. I went and while I was there they had all of these extra books (not WT literature) and they were cross-referencing with this and that. Way more than I was ready for. And they were all calling each other "god". I was like WTF.
    Some of them ended up being kicked-out. They were combining 5% and Watchtower teachings and NOI stuff. I will admit it was the first time I actually learned that the NOI and the founder William Fard Muhammad used Charles Taze Russell teachings as the bases for early NOI doctrine. WTF

Interesting

I found this thread from 12 years ago:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/107683/nation-islam-1914-belief

and this one:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/75094/wt-society-nation-islam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit