What you are saying is that God will protect you from demonic attack, but he won't protect you from other life threatening, fatal situations? Why is God's protection so selective? This doesn't make any sense to me.
.......was my and your experiences real? Were these experiences only in our mind, or were there external players? ~knowsnothing1
Here are some reasons why I don't attribute my past psychic abilities to external entities/agency:
(1) My psychic abilities ceased once I stopped engaging in intense, strong, deep prayer and meditation. The same is true for other persons who engaged in meditative practices or other intense spiritual practices. Just stop and the symptoms will eventually go away. I have been symptom free for over 2 years.
There is a whole range of side effects of meditative practices and other intense spiritual practices which has been documented:
- Psychological Upheaval
- Extrasensory Experiences
- Psychic Phenomena
- Mystical States of Consciousness
- Physiological Symptoms
- Persons may become inflated and grandiose as a result of intense spiritual experiences. Grandiose fantasies evolving into religious delusions with messianic content
- Voluntarily induced experiences of (depersonalization or) derealization
- Precipitation of psychosis and other meditation-induced psychiatric disorders
- Pranic movements or kriyas
All you have to do is just stop engaging in meditative practices or other intense spiritual practices and the psychic symptoms will go away. It may take a while but the symptoms will eventually disappear.
(2) Spirit mediums, channellers etc make contact with the "spirit world" when they self-induce/voluntarily induce a trance. Meditation is one of the means they use to self-induce this trance to contact the "spirit world" YET meditation is also the means which the Bible recommends for drawing close to God.
It was puzzling to me that meditation can be used for these two diametrically opposed things. This conundrum was what made me realize that there must be something about the act of meditation itself which makes a self-induced trance possible and it is this trance state which in turn made communicating with God or contacting spirits possible.
This then led me to investigate what takes place during a trance state/altered state of consciousness - you bypass the conscious, active processing of information in your brain and instead "see" directly into the deep levels of your subconscious where "unprocessed files" are buried.
Now I could see why some of my precognitions were right and why some were wrong - I was just unleashing unprocessed thoughts, impressions, images, visions, voices, words etc from the deep levels of my subconscious, and why by following through on them, I was making myself unstable and doing myself harm.
The rate at which images, voices, visions, words, thoughts etc are unleashed from the subconscious seems to be on a spectrum which goes from spontaneous/every now and then, to a rapid constant flooding/flow which manifests itself in automatic writing or channelling communication.
The rate at which stuff is churned up from the subconscious depends on how deep, strong, intense the meditation is and the frequency of it.
(3) It was important for God to get rid of the pesky demons from heaven in order to protect his spiritual family.
But then instead of confining the devil and his demons to the galaxy farthest from earth God decided to banish Satan to our planet for us to deal with and we now have to fight them.
It no longer made sense to me that God would keep feeding into Satan's desire to harm and destroy His creation instead of simply casting him and the demons to some obscure, gaseous ball of hydrogen 45 billion light years away.
(4) I was earnestly and sincerely doing according to the scripture:
"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."
I was earnestly and sincerely seeking God and drawing close to Him in prayer yet so-called demons were attacking me and making me psychic? It just wasn't adding up. It just wasn't making sense to me anymore.
(5) How, exactly, does an immaterial spirit interact with a brain and body of matter?
What force or causal influence does it exert, and by what mechanism?