My brother died last night

by doodle-v 116 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

((((((doodle-v))))))

I would be so hurt and mad at the JW's right now.......just like you are feeling.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

(((doodle-v))) I am so sorry to hear about your brother.

• shamus
    shamus

Doodle,

I am so sorry to hear about this. If there is a god, he cares about your brother. Believe me.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I'm so sorry doodle.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

(((doodle)))

My heartfelt sympathy to you in this time of loss, tragedy, and sorrow.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

((((((Doodle))))) I am so sorry.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I'm so sorry about your loss doodle-v.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Doodle....I am so sorry for the loss of your brother!

I have been fortunate and have never lost a sibling, but I did lose my father when I was 20. I know it is not the same thing, but the one thing that I can offer to you as a comfort is that as time goes by the hurt will lessen somewhat, but your memories of him will comfort you.

Please make sure you cherish the memories you have of him, and do not avoid the funeral. I think you might regret that. Also, if you can, please ask your family to make sure that besides just a funeral talk, that there is an actual eulogy for your brother. My mother was not in the state of mind when she planned my dad's funeral, so it just a stupid JW standard talk. Nothing about him. My mother really regrets that.

Take the time you need to grieve I am not familiar with how your relationship is with your parents, but don't let the fact that they are JWs and you are not interfere with grieving with them as a family. I think everyone needs that. I was returning to the KH when my dad died, but I was able to grieve right along with all my non JW siblings and did not care that they did not have the same beliefs as I did. It may help somewhat..

Take care of yourself kiddo...I know you have the strength to get through this difficult time.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Doodle,

I offer you my sympathy upon your loss.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

I'm so sorry. I can't imagine...I only have one brother and no sisters. Thankfully none of my family were ever in the borg. Keep your chin up and know we're thinking of you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit