My brother died last night

by doodle-v 116 Replies latest jw friends

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

this is a picture of my brother and his fiance... ..

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

((((doodle)))))

What a beautiful picture! Thanks for sharing!

ESTEE

• Panda
    Panda

I'm sorry about those multiple posts. I think our satellite communication was sabotaged or something so I just kept clicking and clicking to force it into submission... didn't work though.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

(((Doodle-V))) for what it is worth, it looks like beauty runs in the family lineage.

I'm sure your brother, was adorable: someone you truly cared about more than anyone.

I extend my warmest hugs; shoulders to cry upon.

We're here for you my dear, whenever you need us.

(((Doodle-V)))

• Brummie
    Brummie

Gee this is so tragic and sad doodle V, my thoughts are with you at this devistating time. :(

Hope you have a lot of support around you and find strength in the times you shared together.

There is no condolence when losing someone so close but you are in our thoughts and have our deepest sympathies

Brummie

• Savage_Buda
    Savage_Buda

Hello - I don't post much if any but I feel that I have something to say. I?ll apologize up front for the length.

In case you all don't know me, I am married to Doodle-V, I like to say that I married my best friend. My heart goes out to her. I've sat silently next to her as she has dealt with this. I've respected her wishes to not say anything to her family. You don't know the times I've wanted to scream "What the fudge are you thinking - hello it?s your freaking life" so many times. So many times I've wanted to debate the "real" truth and not the screened version the WT puts out. I've supported Doodle in any way that I could, I've put a smile on her face when she was sad. I?ve tried to support her when she needed it.

I am so happy to have met her that one day - I am so happy to tell you, my new friends, how wonderful and kind she is. Yes, I am in love with her, I awake each day with a smile, I enjoy her company and really just like being with her. I am truly saddened at the events that have just passed. It angers me to see such blatant lies, half truths and just false facts. Yet in the same breath, I want to keep our view of "to each their own - may they live their life their way as they see fit". I want to believe that we have a free choice to make the decisions in our life for ourselves ? free from judgment ? for some this is just not the case.

Each time I read these posts on this site, I become more saddened and happy at the same time because everyone has told their story of how they have dealt with this cult. I've seen no happiness being part of JW but only to find such great sorrow that has become of their life. So hard has their life been only for a cause that doesn't support their followers. I really liked her brother; he was a very independent young man, his conviction in his faith was unquestionable. I admired that, I just wish that we had more time together to talk more about his faith.

Alas, such is what life brings; my mother once told me when my grandfather passed away ?Don?t let unspoken words leave you with regret?. It rings so true today ? life is what you make it. As we arrived to the hospital, we saw those ?elders?, simple men in simple suits, standing there with their bibles. She had asked me how I knew they were elders in which I responded in ?they had that look? while it?s sad to say it but they had the really bad suits that didn?t fit and had that look (kind of hard to explain) of ?life is better for him now that he?s with Jehovah?. I know that might seem stupid but it was that kind of fake feeling you get when you see those people that act nice when you meet them but yet could give a rat?s ass about you.

Oh there is so much venting that I?d like to say, words of anger and frustration but yet it becomes wasted breath and I know that the energy spent would be wasted. I personally will take this frustration and turn it inward and help make our life better ? for it really comes down to her and I, our life, our marriage, our friendship.

Thank you each and every one of you that have responded in this post, in chat and in email. These kind words has helped her understand what she is feeling, given her comfort when she needed it. I can give her those kind words and they help but it is also helpful when they come from you ? those that have been through it.

I love you Doodle-V, you mean the world the me.

Thank you,

Savage Buddha aka Jason

• Brummie
    Brummie

Jason you are one cool dude, I'm pleased doodle has you by her side, if there was ever a time she needed you its now.

Sorry for the heartache you must all be going through

Brummie

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Thanks Jason for posting.

It's comforting to know that our beloved friend on the forum "Doodle-V" is not facing this alone.

Thank goodness!

I'm very happy she not only has your support, but undivided attention and understanding.

I'm extremely happy to see that she has a loving and supportive partner who is truly an equal and loving partner.

Thanks Jason. I can rest well tonight.

Best wishes, with my utmost respect.
    Rayzorblade

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Dearest Doodle, I am so sorry to hear about your brother, that is such a tragic loss. I am so glad that you were able to be with your brother for a few moments and were able to tell him you love him in private, at least I picture it that way.

I honestly don't know where we go when we die,,,,,, I wish I had more faith that we live on,,,,,,I just don't believe it ends there ya know. But wherever your brother is , he is in a peaceful place , and I hope he heard your words. I am sure that even before he died,,,,,,he knew you loved him.

You did the best you could to help him and even if he didnt agree I am sure that he loved you for showing how much you loved him.

I know from personal experience it is so hard to get over the hatred , the bitterness , and the anger at the WT. I hope that you can turn all of that into a way to make yourself stronger to stand against the WT and all that they have taken away from you. I know your brother would want you to be happy and live a full life, grieve for him, but if he is in Heaven, or some other better place, I am sure he will be proud that you knew all of this about the WT.

I guess that is one way we can honor our lost loved ones,,,,,,,,by helping others to learn the truth about the cult of JW's. In that way , if someone leaves the WT, who knows how many lives can be saved. It doesnt bring your brother back, but maybe it can ease the pain just a bit.

((((((((( sending my love and support to you in this sad time in your life, hon))))))))))) Dede

• ChimChim
    ChimChim

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know what your going through, it's a pretty rough time

Thanks for sharing the picture, it's beautiful!

C.C

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit