My brother died last night

by doodle-v 116 Replies latest jw friends

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

(((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry, doodle. I lost my only sister in '97. I know the pain you feel. So young. Crying is good. Tears wash away some of the pain. Memories are what saves us.

alt

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

Doodle, I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother. He was so young, so sad.

(((((Hugs, Doodle))))

Hapgood

• CruithneLaLuna
    CruithneLaLuna

I think this is the first time either of us has replied to the other's post(s). I just want to say that I'm sorry for the loss of your brother's earthly life, and the pain of his family and friends. Death is a part of life, and I believe that the task of those who remain behind when a loved one leaves the earthly scene is to just keep on doing our best, pursuing happiness and a positive, contributing role in society. That's undoubtedly what the deceased would want us to do, and/or the best thing we can do "for them" and all concerned.

Warm regards,

Cruithne

• Simon
    Simon

((( Doodle-V )))

So sorry to hear your terrible news. It is a hard enough loss to endure without the added complication of the WTS influenced JW family.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I'm so sorry, he was so young. I agree, get through the funeral anyway u can.

• shera
    shera

((((((((((Doodle)))))))))))),I'm am so sorry.Thinking of you.

• azaria
    azaria

I totally agree with Xandria to hold your own memorial. My dad’s memorial in the KH was horrible. The following day we had our own memorial in my mother’s back yard and it meant so much to all of us, including my mother who is the only witness. A dear friend read Psalms 23 (he wasn't allowed to read in the KH) The following day after we spread my dad’s ashes I read Psalm 145. Even though I initially wasn’t for it, my mother and brothers decided to spread my dad’s ashes in the water (he loved sailing) My dad liked white carnations so when my youngest brother spread the ashes I threw a carnation in the water. (for me it was comforting because I could see that his ashes went down the river and not to shore) I really felt that God was present through the whole thing. Even my mother who had never experienced anything like that felt it. So I hope you do something unique to your brother that will comfort you in the months to come. Take care.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

(((Doodle-V))) ...

• Scully
    Scully

I'm so sorry for your loss doodle-v.

Love, Scully

• pamkw
    pamkw

I am so very sorry to hear about your loss.

Pam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit