My brother died last night

by doodle-v 116 Replies latest jw friends

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Your dear brother gave his life for what he believed in. He stayed true to the end. What a courageous young man. Of course this does not diminish your tragic loss. Yet, his message is clear. Be true to you Doodle-v. Be true to you, everyone. Whatever that is. j

• azaria
    azaria

Doodle, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. After my children, loosing one of my brothers would have to be the worst. I'm sure it's small consolation at the moment, but the fact that you had a close relationship with your brother is something to be so thankful for. I have that with one brother especially. When my father passed away in August it really was like a roller coaster ride. Sometimes you break down, then you're laughing. In our case we (my three brothers, mother and I) laughed so much that I think it kept us sane. (though I'm sure we didn't look sane) I don't think that any of the things you might feel is inappropriate; it's your feelings. I went from anger, to deep sadness to laughter. I'll be thinking about you.

• Soledad
    Soledad

doodle I am so sorry. I lost one of my brothers in 1996 to cancer. I know what you are feeling. pm me if you need to. hugs and kisses.

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

(((doodle))) I'm so sorry this had to happen to you like this.

I think it's sickening that the elder's wore those things around their necks. It's almost like a mockery.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

(((((Doodle))))) I am so sorry you lost your brother, and I wish I could give you a hug in person and be there for you at the funeral to give you support. Do any of us live near enough to do that? If so, please let us know so we can help you through it. James Thomas is right: your brother died an honorable death in that he stuck to his beliefs. We may feel that they are wrong but ultimately it's between him and God, so be proud of him for his bravery in sticking to his convictions.

If you want to talk, let me know and I'll give you my phone number.

Love,

Nina

• flower
    flower

OMG that is the sadest thing i've ever seen. (((((((((hugs)))))))))))) i am so sorry~!!

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

thank you so much everyone.... im crying again.... i have three older sisters. Im the youngest girl we all talked on the phone this morning and were just laughing so hard about all the funny stuff about my brother and the good times we had. My brother and i were the closest because we were the two youngest, and when we were little oh how we fought! I admire him for sticking up for himself and beating me up when i picked on him. He was always a fighter.all the punches he threw at me were well placed and well deserved. My little brother. He hated it when i referred to him as "little" brother. One time some of my friends came over and i introduced him as my little brother. Later he pulled me aside and was like " couldnt you just say younger brother? im not little!

he was the only one who could practically read my mind and know what i was going to say before i said it. we had sooo many inside jokes when him and i got together sometimes my stomach would hurt from laughing so hard!

i thank you for giving me some perspective in realizing that even though i dont agree with his beliefs he was willing to die for what he believed in and that in itself is admirable.

Im going to miss him so.......

• Panda
    Panda

Please cry as much as you can. This grief only shows how much you love your brother. And how much the stupid JWs are to say things like that at his death bed... How rude of them, really really rude. They know nothing of fellow feeling just keeping to WTS made laws.

After your initial grief I hope you'll take time to write about your experience just to get your feelings straight. Stay angry at the religion that kills. These are sick masochistic bastards. I'm not in a believer in "time heals all wounds", rather time may distance you from your brothers death, but time will never heal the chasm left by his absence. 20 years ago my Mom died, I still grieve and miss her terribly.

I hate what those JWs did to you, I really hate them.

• Panda
    Panda

Please cry as much as you can. This grief only shows how much you love your brother. And how much the stupid JWs are to say things like that at his death bed... How rude of them, really really rude. They know nothing of fellow feeling just keeping to WTS made laws.

After your initial grief I hope you'll take time to write about your experience just to get your feelings straight. Stay angry at the religion that kills. These are sick masochistic bastards. I'm not in a believer in "time heals all wounds", rather time may distance you from your brothers death, but time will never heal the chasm left by his absence. 20 years ago my Mom died, I still grieve and miss her terribly.

• Panda
    Panda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit