My brother died last night

by doodle-v 116 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Dear Doodle, I am very sorry to hear of your loss.When we lose someone in this way, we can't help but think of what death does to all of us. It's comforting to know that you spent time with your brother in his last days. It gives you the opportunity to know that you were there for him during his neediest times.He was but a child, at 21. ...Min

• mustang
    mustang

Doodle-v,

Sorry to hear this: my sympathies, 200% for you. Especially, brace up for the JW funeral. You'll make it through, I'm sure.

Mustang

• morty
    morty

Flower((((((((((((((Doodles))))))))))))Flower

FlowerSorry about the passing of your brother....he was way to young to go....I am thinking about you...Flower

FlowerMortyFlower

• blondie
    blondie
    I was on my way to the hospital last night when i got the call..... of course there were three JW elders there with their stupid "no blood" cards dangling around their neck. It was pretty surreal.....

That is weird. I wonder what the purpose of that was. Were the hospital was going to force a transfusion on them?

Whatever, Doodle, you cry if you need to. It's a healthy response. Losing your brother at such a young age is devastating.

I don't know your beliefs for his future, but you are here now. Everything will seem surreal for awhile. Time will sort some things out.

((((hugs Doodle))))

Blondie and Irreverent who have lost a family member to leukemia

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

(((Doodle)))
    my condolence.

• DebraDoll
    DebraDoll

doodle-v-My deepest sympathies to you, how sad, how tragic. As you have chosen to share your sorrow with the members of this board now, I pray that you will continue to seek the support and kindness of those who may have similar experiences and have emerged renewed and energized. There is really nothing anyone can say to you that will ease your pain but find comfort for yourself knowing that there are so many who care, deeply, having only known you through the cyber world. Sometimes we forget through our written words that there are indeed real people out there at those monitor screens and keyboards. Your post reminded me of that now. Blessings to you.....

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

thank you everyone for your kind words it really means a lot to me, it's touched my heart and made me smile. This whole day i've been a moody wreck and im an emotional rollercoaster. I appreciate your hugs and well wishes so much ... thank you

• Princess
    Princess

I'm so sorry DV. I have three brothers and just cannot imagine a loss like yours.

My sympathies,

Rachel

• outnfree
    outnfree

((((doodle)))))

What very sad news! I offer you my sincere condolences as I know how difficult it is to lose a sibling.

Try to forgive him for not listening to you, and feel good about the love you demonstrated for him until the end of his life here on earth. He knows the "truth" now.

Take care,

outnfree

• Valis
    Valis

terrible news...do take care and much condolances form the Texas Branch! One can only hope his picture doesn't end up on the cover of and Awake magazine!

Travis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit