My brother died last night

by doodle-v 116 Replies latest jw friends

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

(((((Ray))))) ((((Chim Chim))))) ((((Dede)))) and everyone thank you so much.

My darling husband thank you I love you so much.

I talk to my mom yesterday and she decided to have the memorial service at the funeral home instead of the KH (whew). I had offered to have everyone come to our house afterwards so my mom wouldnt have to worry about getting her home ready or renting a place.

So now i have hundred dubs coming to my house on Saturday.... i guess i'll have to hide my apostate books and such. and i guess have to wait another week to put up xmas decorations.

my husband is so funny, yesterday he cracked me up when he said " so is this your way of trying to convert me by inviting 100 dubs to our home??" LOL! he was joking of course.

Also, when i talked with my mom on the phone last night, she mentioned how my nephew had said my brother would be ressurected and we would see him again in paradise and "oh wasnt that sweet of him to say that?" I mumbled "uh" and she was like "well dont you believe that?" I just mumbled "i guess im just sad right now" i cant really tell her the truth about the trooof yet, she's a hard core dub zealot and i dont want to stir anything up just now i dont really think its the time. Then she was like "well the end is very close, you know the other day Bush was talking about peace and security!"

She said it with such conviction, i just said oh really? and she want on for a bit more about how close we are to the big A... i didnt really say a whole lot in response. Actually, I just wanted to laugh...

I'll let y'all know how this week and saturday go if your interested... so

more to come

Doodle-V

• detective
    detective

Doodle-v & savage Buddha,

My sympathies to you and yours at the loss of your brother.

Detective

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Wow Jason...that was very touching! V is so very fortunate to have your love and support.

It angers me to see such blatant lies, half truths and just false facts. Yet in the same breath, I want to keep our view of "to each their own - may they live their life their way as they see fit". I want to believe that we have a free choice to make the decisions in our life for ourselves ? free from judgment ? for some this is just not the case.

I couldn't agree more with this!! I so want to let people do their own thing...believe what they want to believe. But when it comes down to sacrificing their life for a lie that they've been brainwashed to believe, it's so very difficult not to just scream and tell the person "wake up!!!"

You guys really did a great job with trying to help him see the truth about the troof.

Fantastic pic, btw... I'm glad to have met him and his fiancee.

I wish we could be there this weekend to offer our support. Know that we are both thinking of you guys and love you lots!

• Aztec
    Aztec

Doodle, there is definatly a strong familial resemblance with your brother. Thank you for sharing the picture. I have to agree with those who said that your brother was brave to stick with his convictions in the face of his illness. At my grandfathers memorial service the speaker said that he believed right up until the end. That was strangely comforting to me. I realize that was probably one of his true comforts as he suffered through an extreme amount of pain; the conviction that he was doing what was right.

There is definatly a finesse about timing how and what you say to your JW parents. Right now is obviously not the right time to get into too much as it would probably do more harm than good. It's great that you've held your tongue so well. I would struggle to do the same.

Like everyone else said, we're here to listen if you need to talk. It's wonderful that your husband is so supportive of you. You are obviously a special person and so is he.

~Aztec

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Dear Doodle, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. I will be thinking of you during this difficult time.

• Valis
    Valis

Savage...you're a good man and an even better one for just not going off on her family. Its good you are there and that you both have a good relationship. Friends AND lovers, a combination lots of people would die for. Chin up and happy holidays to you both even in this most awful time for you.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Makena1
    Makena1

(((((((((((Doodle-v))))))))))))))

Sabine and I just read about this yesterday. We wish we could make the hurt go away for you - please know that we care for you.

Some grief counseling, and in time, reading books on coping with death of family members helped. In the end - time is the biggest healer.

We hope to see you in person again someday soon.

Mak and Sabine

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit