Who really is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?

by Godlyman 349 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

he ensured that his Word was completely fulfilled from his standpoint and not from a human standpoint .

That is why the beginning and end points of the 70 years from (his standpoint) could seem to mismatch what history or science thinks. “I will cause the wisdom of the wise man to perish.” “Something strange.” Who was to think that the “disgusting thing” was in fact prophetically the idolatrous standards worshipped by the Roman armies —The irony.

The sight of watching (first hundreds then thousands) JW “Bethelites” marching and stamping their feet through Court street aka walking ( Supreme, Criminal, Family) 7 days a week, 24 hours a day for a century with WT buildings higher and overlooking all secular buildings in the area that prosecuted and tried to stamp JW out —was triumphal. How poetic. In the long run what remains to be seen is either the debunKINGs and disCREDITING of the JW f DISCREET s. Or the utter vindication of the JW if BTG is destroyed and if the GT hits. In the meantime as scholar eloquently advocates, JW theology is plausible. It has not been falsified.

I remember the Godfather’s speech in the book: “I am a superstitious man…” The Roman armies fulfilling Bible prophecy was no coincidence and neither was Nation against Nation WWI in 1914 which convinces JW that the 7X interpretation that uses the 607 and 537 points is correct. Funny coincidence, the word “point” occurs 2x with reference to Jerusalem 1 king Nebuchanezzar using uncanny power, and 2 Jesus reference to pointed stake, both spelling destruction.

• BruceX
    BruceX

That is why the beginning and end points of the 70 years from (his standpoint) could seem to mismatch what history or science thinks

But there are mismatches with other scriptures. That's what's important to me.

You believe that the 70 years were over on the day the exiles arrived at home. What does Jeremiah 29:10 say next in this verse after those 70 years were over, i.e. once the exiles arrived at home, their place? Can you answer this without making nonsense?

There is an interpretation of all those scriptures where you don't run into a single biblical contradiction.

JW claim that they interpret the Bible so that there are not contradictions with other scriptures. But as we can see here that's not the case. Other religions do the same to support their doctrines.

he ensured that his Word was completely fulfilled from his standpoint and not from a human standpoint .

You have a human standpoint on how those scriptures are to be interpreted, that's why there are contradictions, and there is no spiritual food a the right time in over 100 years to explain it.

Again, there is an interpretation of all those scriptures where you don't run into a single biblical contradiction. And the interesting thing is that it also matches archaeology, another bonus. But the problem for JW is that this harmonious interpretation doesn't support the 1914 doctrine,

Jesus didn't teach this doctrine anyway.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    mismatches with other scriptures. That's what's important to me.

Your interpretation. And many other interpretations too. WT believes they are correct. They don’t proclaim to be inspired so that concedes the possibility of error. But WT proclaims to be God’s only agency and FDS and that cannot be based on interpretation.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Nope. Yet another lie from the non-scholar. 4 months fits perfectly for the journey, though up to 6 months is possible depending on how early the 'decree' was made.

--

Nope The following factors mitigate against the Return of the Exiles in 538 BCE;

1. Chronology of Darius the Mede

2.. Timing of the Decree ?

3. Proclamation of the Decree throughout Empire

4. Preparations by the Exiles prior to their Journey

5. Return trip home- route and time of Journey?

6. Resettlement home in their cities ?

7.. Timing of Altar Inauguration - Cyrus. 1st to 2nd year?

8. Calendrical reckoning used by Ezra?

Thus, any chronology for the Return must fully account for these factors and shows that to cram all of these in one year - 538 BCE is impossible but the following year- 537 BCE makes the impossible now possible and highly probable.

scholar JW

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Jesus didn't teach this doctrine anyway.

“When the son of mam is revealed.” It suits the same poetic irony that Jesus’s invisible presence is congruent in vision to his first century mission when that generation were spiritually blind so as not to mentally discern that Bible prophecy was fulfilled and the Messiah was in their midsts.

• scholar
    scholar

Bruce X

Got you, so you can't explain it. And certain NWT verses like "When 70 years at Babylon are fulfilled" and Ezra where it shows that the trip back was about 4 months can be ignored.

--

You certainly got me big time for I did not see such deep and meaningful question coming. Just shows how dumb and foolish scholar is. I will, give him a good spanking.

Whatever the length of the journey is unknown and unknowable and really does not matter that the fact of the matter is that the Exiles returned in 537 BCE thus fulfilling the 70 years right on time according to Jehovah's Timetable.

---

You say that the 70 years were over on the day the exiles arrived at home. What does Jeremiah 29:10 say next in this verse after those 70 years were over, i.e. once the exiles arrived at home?

---

It simply means that at the fulfilment of the 70 years at, in or for Babylon the Exiles would be back home right on time in 537 BCE by the seventh month. Simple , you got it?

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Yes, if you change the meaning of something expressed in a different language, then the thing you changed means something different to the original. Well done you. 🤦‍♂️It's remarkably odd that you think this supports your position.

--

If you are such an expert in the original language - Hebrew in the case of Jeremiah 29:10 then pray tell what is then the correct translation and why?

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Bruce X

There are NWT translation in at least 2 different languages where they say "for Babylon".

--

So what! The said scholar has always been perfectly happy with either 'at Babylon' or 'for Babylon . Either rendering proves that the Exiles were in Babylon for 70 years and served Babylon for 70 years.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Bruce X

But there are mismatches with other scriptures. That's what's important to me.

--

There are no mismatches of scriptures only mishmash of interpretations of those scriptures.

--

You believe that the 70 years were over on the day the exiles arrived at home. What does Jeremiah 29:10 say next in this verse after those 70 years were over, i.e. once the exiles arrived at home, their place? Can you answer this without making nonsense?

---

Correct. Jer. 29:10 clearly shows that after the 70 years were fulfilled the Exiles had returned home- being brought back to their place.

--
    You have a human standpoint on how those scriptures are to be interpreted, that's why there are contradictions, and there is no spiritual food a the right time in over 100 years to explain it.

--

Simple. If one were to study Hermeneutics one learns about a 'horizon of understanding' thus when dealing with the interpretation of Bible prophecy there are two standpoints or horizons- human and divine. Therefore the interpretation must account for both worldviews and that is the basis of the worldview of Jehovah's Witnesses and its faithful and discreet slave and the said scholar.

--

Again, there is an interpretation of all those scriptures where you don't run into a single biblical contradiction. And the interesting thing is that it also matches archaeology, another bonus. But the problem for JW is that this harmonious interpretation doesn't support the 1914 doctrine,

--

Scholar would like to know such an interpretation, where it is, and what Bible commentary and the academic journal discussed and critiqued?

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Fisherman:

That is why the beginning and end points of the 70 years from (his standpoint) could seem to mismatch what history or science thinks.
    Hilarious watching these buffoons trying to justify their cognitive dissonance. 🤦‍♂️

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit