Who really is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?

by Godlyman 349 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

Nope The following factors mitigate against the Return of the Exiles in 538 BCE;

1. Chronology of Darius the Mede

2.. Timing of the Decree ?

3. Proclamation of the Decree throughout Empire

4. Preparations by the Exiles prior to their Journey

5. Return trip home- route and time of Journey?

6. Resettlement home in their cities ?

7.. Timing of Altar Inauguration - Cyrus. 1st to 2nd year?

8. Calendrical reckoning used by Ezra?

Thus, any chronology for the Return must fully account for these factors and shows that to cram all of these in one year - 538 BCE is impossible but the following year- 537 BCE makes the impossible now possible and highly probable.

None of these are legitimate problems. But rather than deal with them yet again on this forum, let’s spare a thought for the fact that the claim that it’s ‘impossible’ is coming from someone who thinks every animal species in the world survived a magical flood by spending a year in a wooden box. 😂

• BruceX
    BruceX

scholar:

It simply means that at the fulfilment of the 70 years at, in or for Babylon the Exiles would be back home right on time in 537 BCE by the seventh month. Simple , you got it?
    Wow.
    Jeremiah 29:10: "When 70 years at Babylon are fulfilled, I will turn my attention to you and I will make good my promise by bringing you back to this place."

You said the moment, the day they arrived in Juda, the 70 years were fulfilled. But the sentence uses the words "will" after the fulfullment, pointing to a future return. So when they arrived in Juda God turned his attention to them and sent them back to Juda when they are already in Juda. Wow, wow, wow...

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

BruceX

So the moment, the day they arrived in Juda, the 70 years were fulfilled. But the sentence uses the words "will" after the fulfullment, pointing to a future return. So when they arrived in Juda God sent them back to Juda when they are already in Juda. Wow, wow, wow...

Yeah, they don’t care about logic. They don’t care what the Bible actually says. All they care about is protecting their dogma.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Yeah, they don’t care about logic. They don’t care what the Bible actually says. All they care about is protecting their dogma.

-

Yeah, it is a prophecy about the future, expressing a future intention or purpose nicely expressed in English as 'will'.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

None of these are legitimate problems. But rather than deal with them yet again on this forum, let’s spare a thought for the fact that the claim that it’s ‘impossible’ is coming from someone who thinks every animal species in the world survived a magical flood by spending a year in a wooden box. 😂

--

All of these are legitimate and historical that must be considered by any historian or chronologist so deal with them properly and not hide behind the skirts of Jonsson and the late Alan F - May he rest in peace.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Bruce X

Wow.

--

Scholar loves to astonish people!

--

Jeremiah 29:10: "When 70 years at Babylon are fulfilled, I will turn my attention to you and I will make good my promise by bringing you back to this place."

---

So what?

---

You said the moment, the day they arrived in Juda, the 70 years were fulfilled. But the sentence uses the words "will" after the fulfullment, pointing to a future return. So when they arrived in Juda God turned his attention to them and sent them back to Juda when they are already in Juda. Wow, wow, wow..

--

Its a prophecy, Boofhead

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

I will and can answer this question. I suspect that this is the direction that Bruce X is going so will leave it to him.

And the big ‘reveal’ once he got around to it;

Its a prophecy, Boofhead
    Well that was worth the wait. 😂 Pathetic. Despite the moronic attempt to say it was all just in the future, it is not at all consistent with the directly stated order of events: Babylon’s 70 years end, and then attention is given to the Jews’ return.

Still waiting for a valid answer. If 70 years ended when the Jews arrived in Jerusalem, in what way was attention subsequently given to their return?

• BruceX
    BruceX

Fisherman:

They don’t proclaim to be inspired so that concedes the possibility of error.

But if you don't believe a wrong teaching from the FDS, you get kicked out. And then when it turns out you were right after all and the FDS was wrong, you still have to repent that you were unwilling to believe something contrary to what God teaches. So JW have to obey men (8 men in New York) rather than God.

And what is really crazy is this. When you get kicked out, JW believe that you will get destroyed unless you are willing to come back and believe what the FDS says, even if the FDS teaching turned out to contradict God's teaching.

At the end this means that God will destroy you if you are unwilling to contradict his word the Bible based on a FDS teaching. Isn't this crazy?

• BruceX
    BruceX

Fisherman:

But WT proclaims to be God’s only agency and FDS and that cannot be based on interpretation

The pope says the same. So it must be true. No prove needed. Got it. That's how you think. But at least the pope doesn't kick you out of his church if you disagree with him.

Did e.g. Anthony Morris prove to you that he is part of the FDS? I haven't seen any prove.

• Ding
    Ding

The Governing Body says they are the faithful and discreet slave.

How do we know that's true?

Because the Governing Body says so, and they are the faithful and discreet slave.

Don't you just love circular reasoning?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit