CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE

by Newly Enlightened 122 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• recovering
    recovering

I think ceders owes a huge apology to Ms Dykstra. He maligned her character. I can’t believe how she was characterized on the above reddit.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Debra,

Wow. You have worked very hard updating and adding new information that I bet it will prove to be invaluable. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I give you my sincere sympathy on your husbands death, and wish for the best during the anniversary. You also deal with the shunning that all EX-JWs endure, and with hate from EX-JWs. When you said 'I'll have to see what Jesus says' I thought that was a nod to Jeffery Jackson, and that we will never see the book in print again. I'm sorry for posting that, and hope you understand the mind rape we have all been through that makes us behave like morons before we've had about a decade of therapy. I will be buying many hard copies to donate to libraries. Thank you again.

Mike and Kim,

This is marvelous! I really never thought it would happen. Congratulations on getting to announce it to all of us, you deserve it.

Wakanda

p.s. BTW, I'm not on Reddit. I lurk and do not like the JC sycophant behavior. I've done enough research that hopefully I'm not falling for following a man again, uggh.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

There were so many more obstacles that Deb had to overcome that we can't even mention.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

I think ceders owes a huge apology to Ms Dykstra.

well he cant on here--as he isnt a member.

• recovering
    recovering

He is on you tube and redditt i am sure that will suffice. Especially since those where the venues where he spilled much of his venom

• Simon
    Simon

Lloyd Evans apologies always end up with him being the 'victim' and the other person being insulted for daring to question his godly status.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Lloyd Evans apologies always end up with him being the 'victim' and the other person being insulted for daring to question his godly status.

When has he apologized? And what for?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Thank God for Mike and Kim. Love you both very, very much!!!

God bless you both!!

Deb, I don't know you, but condolences from the very bottoms of our hearts!!

And a hearty Thanks for your help with this book!!!

• steve2
    steve2

To be fair, Cedars did acknowledge Mrs Dystra's right to copyright ownership and he reached agreement with her (which she was subsequently to re-think on at least two occasions). Royalties were paid, links to illegal PDFs of Crisis of Conscience were removed and references to copies of Crisis of Conscience were edited from the videos that Mrs Dykstra had objected to.

That said, I think that Cedars did not take into account that, during that time period, Mrs Dykstra had verbalized she was facing some significant health issues, including her now-deceased husband's illness. Yet, compared to some posters (on this forum and elsewhere), Cedars comments were tame.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I didn’t say the introduction mentioned the Trinity but it was written by someone who promotes the Trinity against non-Trinitarian “cults”. Ray Franz didn’t even allow Randy Waters to sell his book because he was a Trinitarian. Just saying. It’s not what you think, it’s what Ray Franz would have thought.

The other question is who holds the copyright of the Great Crowd booklet?

Plus if the appendix really contains single pages from ISofCF that doesn’t sound terribly practical or helpful. Why not simply republish the book?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit