CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE

by Newly Enlightened 122 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Ugh out of stock already . I also do not see an ebook addition

Links to the Kindle edition:

Crisis of Conscience US Kindle edition

Crisis of Conscience UK Kindle edition

A new introduction written by a Trinitarian from the Watchman Foundation? I wonder what Ray Franz would have made of that.

I'm not keen on this either.

But, you can read his intro by using the Look Inside link on Amazon.

1) It's very short - 1 maybe 2 pages long.

2) There is nothing about the Trinity in it.

At the end of the day, Franz stayed a believer all his life so having an intro by another believer isn't a deal breaker for me.

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

I saw a lot of naysayers in recent years. I felt Mrs. Dykstra was a woman of integrity and I am pleased to be right (about something!)

• steve2
    steve2

Feelings against her ran very high on this forum with some posters making some extraordinary allegations against her. The commonest was that JW organization had bought her silence! Others advocated illegal downloading of Crisis of Conscience with all sorts of crazy justifications.

I recall writing a post or two along the lines of, We just don't know what she is going through because she had alluded to facing some significant health worries. Turns out her husband was very ill and has since died.

Mrs Dystra has kept her word to Ray and Cynthia Franz and re-published Crisis of Conscience. We haven't heard a peep on this new thread from those who were making mean-spirited allegations against her a few years ago. Funny that.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

A new introduction written by a Trinitarian from the Watchman Foundation? I wonder what Ray Franz would have made of that.

Spot on. I doubt Ray would have liked that.

The introduction makes no mention of the Trinity. It warns against authoritarian groups, and directs people to the Bible. This is exactly the approach Ray took, and I think the introduction is very appropriate.

• Simon
    Simon
    Mrs Dystra has kept her word to Ray and Cynthia Franz and re-published Crisis of Conscience. We haven't heard a peep on this new thread from those who were making mean-spirited allegations against her a few years ago. Funny that.

Exactly, very telling.

I hope this new version is incredibly successful and reaches a wide new audience. There really is no comparison having the insights that Ray Franz was able to share with some of the other stories of nobody's that just imagine they were of some importance and have some insights when all they are really doing is regurgitating other people's information. The same people who were willfully violating copyright by selling rip-off versions with their own website URLs on them for self-promotion. Nobody's with no story to tell but desperate to be important.

Ray Franz was unique, not just in the WTS but in those kinds of religions in general. There have been other people who have left cults and sects but no one who was quite at that level and could open the door to the thinking and behavior that went on.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    damn. Well said.
  • Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Simon: I remember one of these “nobodies” going on exJW Reddit and comparing Dykstra to someone who was “sitting on stockpile of antibiotics in the midst of an epidemic”. Dykstra was also accused of being part of a “witch-hunt”. Unfortunately she had the misfortune of dealing with real antibiotics as she was taking care of an ill spouse who had lost his life just last year. You can read for yourself this complete disgrace here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/42tiif/a_word_on_crisis_of_conscience_copyright_and_ray/?st=JEDQGWB5&sh=cbfe9491

• HappyGal
    HappyGal

Thank you Deborah Dykstra for all your hard work in getting this book published. You persisted through the difficulties and the criticisms. Many will now benefit from your efforts.

My deepest sympathies on the loss of your dear husband.

Thanks also to Mike & Kim for getting the word out that this book is available.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

This book will see a huge influx of sales from the exJW community. This is what we've all been waiting for for so long.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

If they are out of stock already then maybe we can Cedars to print some off for us?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit