Anthony Morris the III has been FOUND

by Terry 167 Replies latest jw friends

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    Perhaps you are attributing to them too much intelligence?

You could be right. I was assuming that they'd be more likely to be more paranoid than the usual person over security, given their obsession about persecution from the "world".

But maybe it's mainly just the BoEs, COs and the like who are outside in the "real" world that panic like that. From my personal observation, local elders tend to over-stress about every little detail, risk or setback, so they would definitely go into panic mode over something like this.

BTW, Journeyman, I enjoy your posts, so please don't take this note as a personal attack.

No problem, no offence taken!

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

What's behind Door #2?

My guess is Mrs Morris, speaking out anonymously for victims of domestic violence. Just a guess...

This story continues to get clearer than at the first. I recall some saying he was "relieved" of the burden of his office due to health reasons. Now it is clear that was not the case as they feverishly purge the scent of his cologne from everything he came in contact with while at the Warwick Ritz.

WTC security nearby? No - it would have been less expensive to put him in a gated community.

Will he do interviews or book signings? Not likely. WTC NDA's are tight - very tight. Otherwise, the many victims who settled out of court would have dropped a dime on WTC. They have not because they know they would face a breach of contract suit - which they would lose.

In my humble opinion, I see Tony as a near-broken man who never thought of himself as anything but an insider - until now. His poor wife - well let's just say that she lost the most, similar to Job's wife.

A dangling thread is the whereabouts of the local cong. I suspect that he will not reappear in public at a meeting but I could be wrong. Humility is as they say, "Learned".

It is tempting to send him a weekly bottle of Macallums to hasten his demise, but that is beneath a decent person - and I believe everyone on this forum is decent. I cannot bring myself to humiliate him further. As gutter trash, (did I just contradict myself?) he will receive little encouragement from anyone, be held in derision by everyone, be assisted by no one, and be abjectly hated by more than one.

I still think his name will surface in an upcoming PA CSA hearing, but that's the 'connect the dots' side of me - no evidence yet other than a lot of timely coincidences.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Please let him die in peace. Kicking a dog when he is down is wrong. PERIOD

Revenge, veangousness, petty insults, or for that matter fan mail will at most strengthen resolve of true believers

• St George of England
    St George of England

When Ewart Chitty was outed from the GB and Bethel he was sent back to London. He lived at Mill Hill and worked in a back office. He was assigned to a local congregation where he was liked. A late friend of mine who was in the congregation often commented how Chitty was such a lovely humble brother, you would never imagine he had been on the GB!

I suspect nobody knew anything about his personal life or why he was back in London. Does the average JW know anything about AMIII?

George

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    I suspect nobody knew anything about his personal life or why he was back in London. Does the average JW know anything about AMIII?

On a deeper level, no, but the big difference between the time of Chitty and now is that back then the GB didn't set out to make themselves media stars, front and centre of all the output to the R&F with their faces all over a TV channel and website. The image that AMIII has projected to date via his talks and appearances has not been a very endearing and sympathetic one and will have created a lot of bad feeling among many people.

It's unfortunate for AMIII that he's being the "guinea pig" for this social experiment, but this will be a first in JW org history: how the R&F, exJWs and others deal with a high profile, public eviction from the inner circle of the JW world back to 'ordinary' life.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Please let him die in peace. Kicking a dog when he is down is wrong. PERIOD

Anthony Morris as a Governing Body member:

"If you're 16 years old and wanting to get your driver's license...why aren't you baptized? Parents...you too think about that before letting your young ones talk you into letting them drive"! (or words to that effect)

There literally were elders in our surrounding congregations that would incorporate AMIII's above pressure tactics in their talks in an attempt to get underage kids/children baptized in our area. So, not only were children stressed & burdened over dedication & baptism but their parents were too! Elders would quote the above words of this A-hole word for word. And we wonder why JW youth have emotional issues...many to the point of suicide!

So road to nowhere...Please put your above plea/appeal where the sun don't shine..PERIOD!

• careful
    careful

On a deeper level, no, but the big difference between the time of Chitty and now is that back then the GB didn't set out to make themselves media stars, front and centre of all the output to the R&F with their faces all over a TV channel and website. The image that AMIII has projected to date via his talks and appearances has not been a very endearing and sympathetic one and will have created a lot of bad feeling among many people.

It's unfortunate for AMIII that he's being the "guinea pig" for this social experiment, but this will be a first in JW org history: how the R&F, exJWs and others deal with a high profile, public eviction from the inner circle of the JW world back to 'ordinary' life.

Spot on, Journeyman! They surely have become in-house "media stars," and AM III was certainly one. In the pubs and leaked letter (thanks Atlantis!), it's the GB this and the GB that. The old GB never acted like that. The opinion they now have of themselves is massive.

On the earlier thought: do you think that the GB might just think that since they are all anointed, even though AM III is no longer one the GB, his "anointedness" will protect him from harm?

I'm appalled at many of the mistakes in the 2013 NWT done because the GB preparers (mostly Geoffrey Jackson) has/have no linguistic skills with Hebrew and Greek. At least the first editions had Freddie who had some real Greek background. Doubtless they feel their "anointedness" qualified them to revise Freddie's work.

My point is that the same thinking might be at work with AM III. Off the GB to be sure, but do they think his anointed status will protect him? His guardian angel(s) or whatever? Or maybe, as I said earlier, they are just so short-sighted.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Br Chitty sounds very interesting, where can I find out more?

Is his story similar to TOMO3? Why was he removed from the GB?

Was Chitty still anointed and was he still an Elder?

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Use your browser search for Ewart C. Chitty. It appears he was a disgraced homosexual member of GB.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

So Chitty and Greenleaves were successfully covered up, just ignore and don’t talk about the problem and it will go away. Same with Franz just pretend it never happened don’t talk about it and the rank and file will move on?

this is obviously what they are hoping for this time around. Delete all of TOMO3 times he was even mentioned and hope people forget about him?

I personally can’t see them getting away with it so easily this time around like they did with the last three disgraced GB members

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit