Hi forum

by A Believer 129 Replies latest jw experiences

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Believer....Watchtower got caught with their pants down with the generation teaching. They HAD to change it when all the ones of that generation started dying. This was a MAJOR teaching and a MAJOR change. The light getting brighter is a JW way of saying....oops we screwed up. My spouse and I were born into this religion (we are not young either). The best advice we can give you is....RUN LIKE HELL. We did and thank goodness we did. Our life should be miserable, it's not. Happier than ever. I mean it...RUN AND RUN FAST!

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Let's not cherry pick random verses from the Bible eh? Let's see what the rest says:

24 “A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a slave above his master.+ 25 It is enough for the disciple to become as his teacher, and the slave as his master.+ If people have called the master of the house Be·elʹze·bub,*+ how much more those of his household? 26 So do not fear them, for there is nothing covered over that will not become uncovered, and nothing secret that will not become known.

So what does that have to do with The Bible saying the truth will get brighter and brighter and more will be revealed?

Nowhere does Paul write to Christians on something, then write back with an update to it, then write back with a further change, then write back with more alterations.

He wouldn't because he wouldn't be taken seriously,

So why take the GB seriously?

• A Believer
    A Believer

Redvip How exactly are they to go into those places then? Maybe God will see it's impossible or thier will be a opprotuine time soon. It doesn't matter to me that some other religions have more members.

The Bible says the true religion is the one that few find and many reject. Thier is only 8 million JW I think.

• schnell
    schnell
    What is the two witness rule?

Believer, the two witness rule is all in the name. If there are not two or more witnesses to an allegation, the elders can't yet consider it.

Do you believe the two witness rule should apply to child molestation?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

My, my I agree with MR OUTLAW in saying all this insight after a couple of weeks of "studying religion" hey?

So who, where and what are you getting your info from? What are your sources other than jw dot?

Just curious because to arrive at this stunningly sudden conversion to JWism after only a few weeks is remarkable.

• A Believer
    A Believer

16 “No one after lighting a lamp covers it with a vessel or puts it underneath a bed, but he puts it on a lampstand so that those who come in may see the light.+ 17 For there is nothing hidden that will not become manifest, nor anything carefully concealed that will never become known and not come out in the open.+ 18 Therefore, pay attention to how you listen, for whoever has will be given more,+ but whoever does not have, even what he imagines he has will be taken away from him.”+

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Wittstick Why don't you go ask a witness?

I used to be a Witness - so I know!

I have asked and they still say some born from 1914 will cross over.

Then they don't know what they are talking about.

Thier is still a lot living from then.

No there isn't! To have been alive and seen the events of 1914 you need be getting on for 110+.

How many 110 year olds do you know?

• A Believer
    A Believer

Schnell I don't know what the two witness rule is or means.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

16 “No one after lighting a lamp covers it with a vessel or puts it underneath a bed, but he puts it on a lampstand so that those who come in may see the light.+ 17 For there is nothing hidden that will not become manifest, nor anything carefully concealed that will never become known and not come out in the open.+ 18 Therefore, pay attention to how you listen, for whoever has will be given more,+ but whoever does not have, even what he imagines he has will be taken away from him.”

What has this to do with the revealing of truth?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

How exactly are they to go into those places then? Maybe God will see it's impossible or thier will be a opprotuine time soon.

You are asking me how are JWs supposed to go to the places where they prohibited? That maybe God will throw his hands up in the air and deem it impossible?

lol.... You can't be for real... Hey, i'm thinking the JW's might be the best religion for you after all. Yes, please say in, it's best for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit