Hi forum

by A Believer 129 Replies latest jw experiences

• A Believer
    A Believer

I proably shouldnt be on here but I feel like saying this. I have been for the last couple weeks been studying religion. I've learned the only ones who today do what the Bible says to is JW. Thier the only who, as the bible puts it, preaches the good news in all the land. Not letting others try to sit on a computer and find just because...hey! It's out thier the internet has put the info out there find it on you're own. In fact when Jesus said do this computers werent a thing.

JW isn't a cult because religion from scriptures isn't new. I've studied the Trinity and my opinion is from what I've read. Rome had a lot of Pagan Trinity gods and the ones who thought Christ were a Trinity were the Minority. It's not surprising thier emperor picked the Trinity considering he was a sun worshiper himself.

• A Believer
    A Believer

@In The Encyclopedia Americana we read: “Christianity derived from Judaism and Judaism was strictly Unitarian [believing that God is one person]. The road which led from Jerusalem to Nicea was scarcely a straight one. Fourth century Trinitarianism did not reflect accurately early Christian teaching regarding the nature of God; it was, on the contrary, a deviation from this teaching.”—(1956), Vol. XXVII, p. 294L.

• Listener
    Listener

A believer, if you concluded this after a couple of weeks then I don't intend to burst your bubble.

Oh, by the way I've got some miracle wheat that I need someone to sell, I think you'd make a great candidate. If you want to know more about the product, just Google Russell Miracle Wheat.

• karter
    karter

Can you show me the scripture that says "protect child molesters and let them freely go from door to door"

• Steel
    Steel

The watchtower and tract society is a belief that only seven men in Brooklyn new York into the new covenant and though your works and obedience to these men and the organization they lead, you will survive the impending Armageddon. It's idol worship on the highest level.

It will also cost you your family if you try and leave or disagree with the leadership

If you are lonely and need friendship literally do anything other than become a jehovah witness.

Also there is a great video series by a man named Michael s heiser on youtube explaining jesus and God in the old testament seeing the new testament though first century Jewish eyes. It literally made me ashamed of what I was telling people.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Welcome to the forum, A Believer. Watchtower apologists, such as yourself, that come here to preach and expound on their Watchtower dogma, should be prepared to have their beliefs deconstructed and subjected to deserved criticism. Keep in mind that the vast majority of posters here are ex-Jehovah's Witnesses. Many here were Missionaries, Bethelites, Elders, Ministerial Servants and Pioneers and if we believed that Watchtower had the 'TRUTH' than we would still be members of the Jehovah's Witness religion. Good luck!

• Steel
    Steel

The idea of a plurality of god wasn't considered a heresy in Judaism till the 2nd century.

There is a great book called the two powers in heaven you should read.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I have been for the last couple weeks been studying religion. I've learned the only ones who today do what the Bible says to is JW.

You learned all that,in a couple weeks?!..

Image result for You're a genius

• A Believer
    A Believer

http://defendingjehovahswitnesses.blogspot.com/2013/08/did-charles-taze-russell-really-profit.html You should read this Listener. I don't know much about the subject but I see so much false accusing the JW that it doesn't surprise me if there are lies. I don't think anyone trying to learn about JW should do so on the internet because even with the little I do know I can tell a lot of what they say isn't true

• A Believer
    A Believer

Steel Yes they lead. If you didn't have leaders in anything thier would be no direction. But it's not like we worship them and not God. I know a lot here still read JW.org and the publications are based on subjects that are based on Bible scriptures.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit