Hi forum

by A Believer 129 Replies latest jw experiences

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I find it incomprehensible how many JW newbies who "...have been for the last couple weeks been studying religion...[and]...learned the only ones who today do what the Bible says to is JW..." seem to have become experts overnight about what the Watchtower teaches and practices. I find that quite amazing.

And then they show up here to challenge all of us who spent years in the religion and claim that "...I don't know much about the subject but I see so much false accusing the JW that it doesn't surprise me if there are lies. I don't think anyone trying to learn about JW should do so on the internet because even with the little I do know I can tell a lot of what they say isn't true..."

A Believer - you are absolutely right. You should not be on the Internet trying to tell the rest of us how wrong we are to criticize Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower. You need to do a lot more study and more investigation to prepare yourself before jumping into this "Lion's Den." Yes there are a few newbies here that know very little more than you do, but by far the majority of us have lived the JW lifestyle, spent endless hours at meetings and in the door to door preaching work. We have been to conventions and special meetings. In the past, we gave much of our money and time to the Witnesses and their work. Some of us were like you - ready to defend to the death a religion (a cult actually) that controlled our lives, burned up hours of our time, kept us from getting fully educated or employed, and then broke up our families as one or more of us decided to leave and follow other paths.

So, Believer, if that is the life you think you really want to live - go forth and do so. The final disappointing outcome will be on your head and shoulders - not ours. You've convinced yourself to believe the Watchtower's lies to be truth. You are free to believe anything you choose - including the earth is the center of the Universe and was created from scratch in 6000 years (and before the Sun and the Moon), that flood waters covered the entire earth, even Mount Everest, and that dinosaurs were on the "Ark" along with people, Zebras, field mice, and pythons.

If you thnk that seven men in New York speak for God Almighty and converse with the "holy spirit" on a daily basis are actually credible individuals who you should follow like a shorn sheep, then be my guest.

You have my blessing - for whatever that is worth. Just ask yourself if that is really how you want to spend the rest of your life.

JV

• Incognito
    Incognito

I find it odd that active JWs posting here, often won't freely admit to being a JW but instead claim to be a member of the public who must defend the JW religion.

Having grown-up in the religion, I was always taught to be proud to represent Jehovah as one of his people. Just as the song: "We're Jehovah's Witnesses. We speak out in fearlessness."

There now seems to be a sense of embarrassment as JWs who actually do go door to door, often introduce themselves as bible students or volunteers, not JWs.

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray
    "... the only ones who today do what the Bible says..."

As the bible is provable bullshit, so what if they do what the bible says?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Believer, we're all entitled to our opinions. You are entitled to yours and I am entitled to mine.

Why not read my book? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013B51GSU

• Half banana
    Half banana

Hi Believer, welcome! I hope you count your field service time here.

Just one question: If Jehovah's Witnesses are the only religion inspired and authorised by God, why is it that in the one hundred and thirty seven years of Watchtower information, that they have never once got any of their many date predictions come true?

• Fairlane
    Fairlane

Theocratic warfare.... may also be defined as .... lying through your teeth !

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

When I see folks clearly lying and yet talking about having "the truth" makes me feel good about being out, I've always hated hypocrisy :0)

• DJS
    DJS
    CurrentBrother, is that you?
  • pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I don't think anyone trying to learn about JW should do so on the internet

The governing body absolutely forbid you to take up honest/fair research about JW's. What does that tell you? The internet is full of information.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Believer you sound just like me when i was "in". Please be aware that no one on here is trying to "lead others after themselves". 99% of us are ex-JW's. Some born in (like myself), some converted, some elders, min servents, even circuit overseers.

There's a huge difference from what the Watchtower society do and teach that is so the opposite of Christianity.

I used to pride myself as being part of "the only religion that follows the bible" because Christmas, Easter, Birthdays etc were not in there. You know what else isnt in there?

Reporting how many hours you preach on the ministry

Judicial commitees

Disfellowshipping

If they're not from the Bible - where are they from?

Also, if the true god is directing this organization can you explain why Bro Rutherford forbade kingdom songs? They were only re-instated when Knorr took over after his death. Did Jehovah tell Rutherford to stop singing kingdom songs?

How about Rutherford teaching that the prophets of old will be resurrected in 1925 and live in a mansion in California called Beth Sarim? Did Jehovah tell him that? If not, where did the idea come from?

If anyone speaks in the name of Jehovah and that thing does not come true, you're supposed to reject that person as a false prophet. In fact, in the Old Testement, Rutherford would have been stoned to death for such a thing. Todays governing body too.

JWFacts does not list anything without solid proof from Watchtowers own magazines. Research my friend. I wish you the best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit