Hi forum

by A Believer 129 Replies latest jw experiences

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

You Motley Crew of mentally diseased apostates are THE GREATEST!

Less than 12 hours and Believer has had his ass kicked and has run away with his tail tucked between his legs, licking his wounds, to no longer be seen or heard of again.

They arrive here with their head so damn big that no hat would fit, Bible in hand, ready to kick some unbelievers' asses and defend The Troof. They end up just like John the Baptist and get their head handed to them on a platter.

Believer, you better go do your studying for a couple more weeks and brush up a bit on your JW nonsense.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

Another watchtower trolling believe!

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Believer,

I was a JW for most of my life. I'm now in my mid-40s. I served as an elder in the congregation. I was very much a believer. Until I started researching. Not just a couple of weeks of researching. Over two very intense years' worth. It tapered off since then. That was almost five years ago and my research still continues. I have come to the very opposite conclusion.

Luke 21:8 has already been brought out here, so I won't discuss it.

You said you believe JWs are right because they preach the good news. The question is: what "good news"? The good news JWs preach is that God's kingdom will come and destroy the wicked and set up a theocratic government, and that people will live in a paradise earth.

Gal 1:6-9 says: "I am amazed that you are so quickly turning away from the One who called you with Christ’s undeserved kindness to another sort of good news. 7 Not that there is another good news; but there are certain ones who are causing you trouble and wanting to distort the good news about the Christ. 8 However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something beyond the good news we declared to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, I now say again, Whoever is declaring to you as good news something beyond what you accepted, let him be accursed."

What was the good news Paul and others preached?

Acts 13:32-41: “So we are declaring to you the good news about the promise made to the forefathers. 33 God has completely fulfilled it to us, their children, by resurrecting Jesus; just as it is written in the second psalm: ‘You are my son; today I have become your father.’ 34 And the fact that He resurrected him from the dead never again to return to corruption, He has stated in this way: ‘I will give you the expressions of loyal love promised to David, which are faithful.’ 35 So it also says in another psalm: ‘You will not allow your loyal one to see corruption.’ 36 David, on the one hand, rendered service to God in his own generation, fell asleep in death, was laid with his forefathers, and did see corruption. 37 On the other hand, the one whom God raised up did not see corruption.
    38 “Let it therefore be known to you, brothers, that through this one a forgiveness of sins is being proclaimed to you, 39 and that from all the things from which you could not be declared guiltless by means of the Law of Moses, everyone who believes is declared guiltless by means of this one. 40 Therefore, watch out that what is said in the Prophets does not come upon you: 41 ‘Look at it, you scorners, and be amazed, and perish, for I am doing a work in your days, a work that you will never believe even if anyone relates it to you in detail.’”

What of "paradise earth"?

1 Cor 2:9,10: "But just as it is written: “Eye has not seen and ear has not heard, nor have there been conceived in the heart of man the things that God has prepared for those who love him.” 10 For it is to us God has revealed them through his spirit, for the spirit searches into all things, even the deep things of God."

God HAS REVEALED the things he has prepared. To whom? Paul said, "to us". Why is it that Paul NEVER spoke of a paradise earth? Where did this come from? Is it "another sort of good news"? According to Galatians, one who teaches "another sort of good news" regardless of the source, be it a human or an angel, should be accursed.

Believer, you can believe what you want to. As for me, I've already done so, and continue to do so. Most JWs are nice people and are sincere in their beliefs, just as I am sincere in my beliefs. JWs are like any other religion out there... claiming to be the true religion. But, as they have admitted quite openly, their leaders, the Governing Body, is not infallible nor inspired and can err in doctrine. Why in the world would we want to follow anyone who tells us they could actually be wrong?

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Popcorn at the ready...haven't had a dub on here in a while!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The idea that the disciples went door to door is also extra-biblical.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Welcome, A Believer.

When I had been studying for a couple weeks, I thought very much as you do now. But I, along with lots of posters on this forum, have experienced the WT religion for much longer than you have.

You would do well to take advantage of our superior experience and knowledge by listening to what we have to say. Any questions you may have are welcome, and you're entitled to your opinion.

Of course, it's not quite the same the other way round - the Governing Body doesn't welcome questions from people who voice doubts.

First off, JWs don't preach the 'Good News' in all the Earth. There are hundreds of millions of people, world-wide, who have never met a JW.

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

Ken Kesey.........................you been at the Acid again ?

• A Believer
    A Believer

Leaving quietly you posted galatian 1 6-9

This is Paul saying some where turning away from the Good news taught by christ. If early Christianity was unitarian doesn't this this align with others turning away from it?

Yes Jesus being resurrected was good news. But in the sense of this scripture the good news is religion.

• A Believer
    A Believer

Thier will be a paradise on earth.

13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.[a]

What else could this mean besides no one else beside Jesus has went to heaven? So where do we go?

29 The righteous shall inherit the land
    and dwell upon it forever.

God says this and you know he cant lie.

• A Believer
    A Believer

Like I said I don't believe the Trinity or the religons because they weren't taught in early churches. Its a fact and can't be denied. So it doesn't matter where they preach if it's false.

42 And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit