"Congratulations" - WHY?

by Prisca 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Why? It's the right thing to do. Without the live squirt and the fertile womb, us squirts wouldn't be here, would we?

Don't men who visit Hawaii get a Lai?

Guest 77

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Good question Prisca! I think Congratulations are due because basically the man has done all the work up to that point. Consider:

(1) the man has spent money/time/energy for movie tickets

(2) the man has spent money/time/energy for meals, and is forced to drink alcoholic beverages as it is not polite for the female to drink alone.....

(3) the man has money/time/energy for flowers, chocolates, and other gifts

(4) the man must master the intricacies of female clothing and become expert in removal of such items, OFTEN in the dark and overcoming terrific technical obstacles like bra-straps.

(5) the actual conception process is no piece of cake. The man is forced to put a very special part of his body into a very strange contraption, and lets face it, its a pretty grisly business. Thousands of calories of energy are expended by the male in the process, not to mention the loss of vital body fluids which in some cases leads to serious dehydration. We only do it really because we are forced to.......

(6) because now the man gets at least a 2 or 3 year reprieve from having to repeat the dastardly act again. At least regularly.....cause for congratulations indeed!

Based on these irrefutable arguments, I think its abundantly clear why men need to be congratulated...

Hope this helps!

Your friend, The Pope

• jgnat
    jgnat

For ballistic, a Theocratically Correct congratulations:

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

LOL@Pope !!!

Prisca, I may have read your responses incorrectly, but your comments have a bitterness to them that makes me wonder where you're coming from. Care to share what's on your heart? Don't worry hon...not all men are just conceivers. Many are great fathers even before they are fathers. Why say "Congrats"? Because it's the polite thing to do. Who is it hurting? It does nothing but spread the joy even further. I understand about the curiosity in questioning. Feels good doesn't it?

Andi

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

The question posed as the topic of this thread effectively refutes the old maxim "there's no such thing as a stupid question".

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I used to wonder this VERY SAME QUESTION when I was younger - "why do the men get congratulated?". So really Prisca, you're not alone in thinking its a strange custom, I thought exactly the same thing......

And guess what! Now after 3 kids (2 are already young adults) I NOW KNOW WHY!!!!

Congratulations are offered to the man for having the guts (balls?) to take on a 20+ year project with ups that are so high and downs thats are so low, and that in simple terms is our life itself, and part of our grand heritage as humans...and you only realise it once you've been through it....

Pope

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I think the full quote is "There's no such thing as a stupid question............only stupid answers"....

Pope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit