"Congratulations" - WHY?

by Prisca 86 Replies latest jw friends

• nilfun
    nilfun
    They were happy because Nina and I were happy.

That was such a sweet post , Big Tex. That's basically the reason why I say "congratulations" to parents-to-be of either sex.

For example, I recently gave my "congratulations" to Trauma Hound because I was "wishing [him] joy" (thanks for that definition, Minimus). It brought a smile to my face to see the ultasound he was sharing; and for a while, his joy became my joy, and I congratulated him because I wanted him to know that I was so happy for him.

• Simon
    Simon

Prisca

You seem to have a very strange, negative and argumentative outlook on life.

I can picture you at work when some colleage told everyone their wife was pregnant. "Congratulations" says everyone else. "Hrmfff" says Prisca, "nothing to merit congratulations there and you won't get any from me".

How to win friends and influence people ...

Explanation 2 is that it's just that 'time'

• Prisca
    Prisca

I love you too Simon

So what if I ask questions? I'm looking at things in this world from a different perspective in life for once, so I question things. If you don't like what I'm asking, don't read my threads. Pretty simple, isn't it?

People don't think enough about why we do or say things. So I like to provoke a bit of discussion, look at things from a different perspective, and maybe learn something about human behaviour.

It's those that don't question that don't learn.

• sens
    sens
    Look, Gumby, you green freak from hell,

lmfao!!!!!!!

• barry
    barry

Prisca its been my experiance that if you dont make the woman happy in the bedroom its out no questions asked so if the man is around for the birth it is a big thing. Barry

• Mac
    Mac

Prisca..

You seem to want to relegate the fathers position to that of a simple biological explosion while assigning some great spiritual connotation to the recepient of said explosion. Bottom line....THEY DID IT.....she is not actively doing a damned thing.......that baby is growing inside her whether she likes it or not and she is not doing a single thing to perpetuate the process...she couldn't stop it if she wanted to other than resorting to terminating it by unnatural means. It's nature.......propagation of the species, pure and simple.

Beyond that....if it was an act of love and two people are sharing a life and future that involves the emergence and dual nurturing of this most amazing and miraculous future sharer of both their lives........why the hell would you withold congratulations from either party?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Prisca

I think you're over-analysing, live in the moment from time to to time.

Nic'

• Prisca
    Prisca

LOL, sheesh! Can't one question things without people panicing? If questioning things in life takes you out of your comfort zone, then deal with it.

Maybe next time I start a thread, it will be along the lines of "what is your favourite pizza topping"!

• Mac
    Mac

If the toppings were mutually determined by both parties and resulted in the successful execution of the pizza, I see no need for panic on behalf of either participant and believe that shared congratulations for a pie well done are in order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• breal
    breal

Hmmm?interesting question.

I usually congratulate the expectant parents because believe it or not for some couples it is not that easy to conceive. It can be like winning the lottery. 1 in 6 couples (I believe) are found to have fertility issues and even with two perfectly healthy people there is like only a low percent chance of getting pregnant in any given month.

Although I usually say best wishes cuz it is like wishing them a happy, healthy 9 months until the new family member arrives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit