"Congratulations" - WHY?

by Prisca 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman
    Babies are a miracle and if possible the whole family plays a part in their growing up

I know. As a new grandfather, I can vouch for the fact that you actually do see babies in a totally different light from the way you see them as parents.

Englishman.

• Beans
    Beans

YEAH

• gumby
    gumby
    you actually do see babies in a totally different light from the way you see them as parents.

Amen to that Mike!

I think you can relax more, as the responsibility for the child lies with the parents.....and it takes the heat off. The child is still a part of you, but you don't have to do all the laboring to care for it. You help in caring for it and raising it, but it's not all on your shoulders as with your own children. Usually you are older also when you have grandbabies, and are a bit more mature in HOW you see them.

Gumby

• waiting
    waiting

Blondie made a good point..........congratulations are due to the WHOLE FAMILY!

Why? Because a new family member is coming shortly (or arrived) - and it's a time of JOY. Hard work, tears, stinky smells, grumbling, .......on and on and on and on and on.......but also laughter, love, snuggling, ........on and on and on and on and on.

Babies are the promise of tomorrow in many ways.

Prisca? Please check your pm's.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Reminds of of a joke I heard once, the sperm reference anyway.

There were all the sperm waiting to be ejactulated and this one came busting his way up front with his briefcase, ready to go first. He disappeared going down the tube. In a few minutes he came running back screaming, run for you life, it's a blow job.

Ken P.

• avishai
    avishai

Pris, thanx for your thought provoking topic. It made me realize once again what a blessing being a parent is. I have two kids, one biologically mine, one not. They're both great.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Speaking as one who has gone through childbirth and not easy births at that, I have to speak on behalf of the men here. I think maybe it is like the grass always looks greener on the other side. But men deal with 9 months of irritable, emotionally irrational females. That is not necessarily an easy task either. Not to mention the worry they go through as their loved one goes through the birth.

A child is the begining of a family. Not just a mother and child. So when a child is born, it is the celebration for all involved with this new life. Mother and father become parents. This is a gift to both.

I give extra commendations for the men who go beyond what some do. Some will let the woman get up everytime the baby cries, change all the diapers, etc.. but there are those special men who share with those sleepless nights, who rock their babies to sleep...

• avishai
    avishai
    But men deal with 9 months of irritable, emotionally irrational females. That is not necessarily an easy task either. Not to mention the worry they go through as their loved one goes through the birth.

Yes, but they also get to deal with the cuddly, loving side that comes with it. Also, I learned why some men gain weight, you have to eat a lot to to show them that it's ok. Weird.

I give extra commendations for the men who go beyond what some do. Some will let the woman get up everytime the baby cries, change all the diapers, etc.. but there are those special men who share with those sleepless nights, who rock their babies to sleep...

It's not really needed, I feel that the guys who don't do this are really missing out. I feel sorry for them. Selfish chickenshits.

• wasasister
    wasasister

Prisca: an interesting question; one that provoked some thoughtful responses.

I didn't find it "idiotic" at all. That sort of comment shows how subjective our opinions can be, based on our own personal filters.

I work closely with a young woman who has fertility issues. When she and her husband finally do conceive, I'll wish "contratulations" on both of them because I know of the effort and expense they've put into reproduction.

Wasa/who can be fiesty even when it's NOT that time of month.

• TD
    TD

"Congratulations" is not just the expression of joy or acknowledgement at the achievement of others. The word can be used just as appropriately in regard to the good fortune of others as well.

Personally, I can think of no greater good fortune

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit