Trump Voters, Is This What You Voted For?

by Village Idiot 89 Replies latest social current

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Also I don't think him tweeting on a personal phone isn't that big a deal, most that stuff is troll material anyway and not matters of national security, if he starts tweeting launch codes we are in trouble though!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

freemindfade,

That's not saying he is better, that is saying people were fed up. There was one simple solution that would have avoided all this

bernie...

We agree on Bernie Sanders and that people were fed up. I still believe that a rational choice would have been third party or Bernie being written in. But let me ask, would you have supported Bernie?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Would I have supported Bernie??? 100% without question. He would have destroyed Trump and we would all have nothing to talk about. Hell yes I would have been all in for Bernie.

Plus he and Larry David are interchangable, that is freaking amazing lol

Image result for larry david and bernie sanders snl

• bohm
    bohm
    Freemindfade: Come on now bohm you like being a pain in the ass , admit it, just a little, no? don't be like that. I don't mind it, ok I do a little, but I'm too chill to hold it against anyone lol

Okay, I'll admit I kinda went after that one fact since I knew it to be wrong from my own research and it was easy to disprove. There is a more serious point here: we are 33 hearings in on Benghazi. I think a hearing or two is reasonable since lives were lost, but I'm thinking that IF there were a real smoking gun you wouldn't be citing basic stuff that contradicts the timeline in such an obvious way.

Suppose Obama had actually send in a drone, what's wrong with that?

The problem (as I see it) is that the discussion always goes down to some fuzzy and pretty opinion-based things. Like if it is a big deal if you are saying "an act of terrorism" or a "terrorist act" (getting mileage out of these two seems very quaint in an era of Trump), or if Obamas actions were sufficient or not.

To judge the later, we have to understand what actions Obama could normally be expected to take and what actions are expected to be taken by the military.. I don't know and that makes it hard for me to really see a "smoking gun".

Since lives were lost it is likely that bad calls were made, however, it must be seen in the context of how the decisions were made and what information was available at the time... as an example, take the failed Yemen raid. There is (some) indication that Obama didn't okay the mission because it was deemed too risky but Trump did over dinner and it turned out to be a total clusterf#ck with resulting loss of life.

It is easy to second-guess that decision (we can BET there was intelligence available that it would be a high-risk mission), but I don't think that in itself is that bad considering such information is probably nearly always available.

Heck, if the mission to capture Bin Laden had resulted in all helicopters being downed I bet there would have been information available to suggest that might happen.

• just fine
    just fine

Sorry - no I would not have supported Bernie, too far left for me. I think equality of opportunity is equal, equality of outcome , ala Bernie, no.

There really wasn't a good Republican candidate, and yes I agree, Bernie would have mopped the floor with any of the Republican candidates.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

In retrospect, anytime anything like this happens all the mistakes become painfully obvious. That would happen to anyone. I think Benghazi remains provocative because certain aspects were attempted to be covered up, there is so much information out there that is real that clearly shows Obam and Hillary's prime intent in how it all played out was their own political image.

They told the security team, they couldn't have received help in time, but these guys know other military folks in the area (big shock) and that was just not true. I think Benghazi was the tip of the iceberg as far as Obama's administration and our military went. Its been established that Obama was viewed unfavorably by our military (with the exception of the navy).

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Just Fine

I think any presidential candidate you are going to have to accept things you don't agree with, I don't agree with everything Bernie does, but I think he would have been a reasonable president. Safe yet passionate. How can we get Dave Rubin to run??? I think "smart" people would never run for president, it sucks lol.

• bohm
    bohm

freemindfade: Well, minimizing fallout from something like Benghazi is what any administration would do?

Let me just focus on one item (this is a "smoking gun" item IMO) and be a bit of a pain in the ass again:

They told the security team, they couldn't have received help in time,

I am not 100% sure what this is referring to. "They" I assume is Obama and Hillary and the security team is the security team at the embassy. So according to the above the security team was told during the attack they could not receive help?

• just fine
    just fine

I had a hard time with Bernies free everything for everybody. The money had to come from somewhere - as nothing is free. That means more taxes for those of us that work. I paid $30k in just federal income taxes last year, and that's after all my deductions. That is not including SS, Medicare, or state taxes, just plain federal income tax. So the thought of paying in more to support an even bigger welfare/social program didn't appeal.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    “This wasn’t the worst [firefight of my life], but it was the longest,” Paronto says. “The only difference with this one was that we were left behind. That’s just the truth. No support came. Period.”

A congressional committee found that no support was available but Tiegn said this:

“A lot of politicians don’t realize that we were all in the military and we know a lot of the military guys, and they tell us things,” Tiegen says. “One pilot said to us that [the government] was afraid of another ‘Black Hawk Down’ scenario.”

Also Paronto said

“There are pilots that come up to us and say, ‘Sorry, dude. We were ready to go,’ ” Geist says.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit