Trump Voters, Is This What You Voted For?

by Village Idiot 89 Replies latest social current

• bohm
    bohm

VI: I think fear rather than racism is the key word. Trumps basic message is that everything has gone and is going to hell -- the US is run down, the military is shit, the economy is shit, all jobs are going overseas, Muslim terrorists are posing an existential threat, all politicians are crooked, the media is lying, Obamacare is failing "next year", it is bad, bad, bad and the only thing that can be done is to break with the establishment (Hillary) and solely focus on the interests of the (middle-class) US.

This kind of pervasive pessimism and fear is really the main thread through most "new right" discussion of american politics.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    Neverendingjourney, only some of Trump voters were White Nationalists and assorted racists. I think the issue is more complex.

I didn't say these people are racists or white nationalists. You can be motivated by a desire to see far fewer immigrants in the country without being a neo-Nazi. You can be kind to people of all races on an individual level while supporting a candidate who literally launched his campaign by claiming that Mexico doesn't send good people like those in his rallies, but rather sends a bunch of criminals, drug dealers, and rapists.

• bohm
    bohm
    I just love how the left can claim what someone's motives are. If you didn't like Clinton's email debacle and think she lied about it, suddenly you are a racist.

That is a very illogical argument to be sure, but I can't say I have seen it made on this site or anywhere else actually...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Trump Voters, Is This What You Voted For?

Trump Supporters Love Trump..
    Image result for president trump .Image result for the best thing since sliced bread

• Simon
    Simon
    I wonder where the "Hillarys email server" crowd is on this one...

From the article you linked:

"It’s debatable whether Flynn broke any laws by ..."

If it's debatable, then make the case or shut up. What has it got to do with Hillary's email server and her lies?

only some of Trump voters were White Nationalists and assorted racists. I think the issue is more complex.

Or more accurately, there number of white nationalists and assorted racists who voted for trump is as small and insignificant as they were before the election started. They were no doubt negated by the black nationalists and assorted racists on the democratic side anyway.

therefore inflating their numbers in the election.

Or to put it another, more accurate way "winning more votes where votes mattered"

Is it really so hard to say "our candidate was abysmal and lost as a result"?

She lost against Trump ... that's how unbelievably awful she was!

• Simon
    Simon
    That is a very illogical argument to be sure, but I can't say I have seen it made on this site or anywhere else actually

What utter utter bullshit. It's all we've heard for the past 3 months !

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Village Idiot,

So why did the middle not choose to vote for a third party? Trump made it clear early on what type of person he was. If both choices were unacceptable they should have not voted for either of them. I myself voted third party.

Simon,

Why should they? They didn't want Clinton and what she was promising so they voted for the next best thing.

Trump was not the next best thing. For all their defects the Libertarian and Green Party candidates were better than either Trump or Hillary.

• Simon
    Simon
    Trump was not the next best thing. For all their defects the Libertarian and Green Party candidates were better than either Trump or Hillary.

What, the guy who didn't know what Aleppo was or other basic gaffes? They weren't credible as candidates to win and you know it. Besides, that's not your choice to make - why didn't you vote for them given that your candidate was completely unsuitable (see, I can do it too).

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@bohm: I read through the observer link article. I gave up halfway. Just claims that Trump is falling apart, he is completely incompetent, the government is turning against him.... bla bla bla. Same old stuff that has been said since he first announced his candidacy.

MMM

• bohm
    bohm
    "It’s debatable whether Flynn broke any laws by ..."
    If it's debatable, then make the case or shut up. What has it got to do with Hillary's email server and her lies?

There is good evidence Flynn has lied about his contact with the Russian embassy and then went on to mislead Pence. That naturally raises the question of what that contact consisted of and whether any laws were broken. This contact should be seen in the light of the ongoing FBI investigation of the Trump investigation and the allegations of Russian hacking.

We can't know if laws were broken yet because the facts are still not in.. since you believe the claims about election fraud should be investigated fully due to their serious nature I would suppose (?) you would also support an investigation into this question as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit