Trump Voters, Is This What You Voted For?

by Village Idiot 89 Replies latest social current

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

All that talk about Hillary Clinton's unsecured e-mails? Read the following:

"DeAgazio posted additional photos from the weekend, including one of his dining companions kissing Trump on the cheek, a selfie with White House strategist Steve Bannon and another selfie identifying a man named Rick who he says is responsible for carrying the nuclear “football,” which allows the president to authorize a nuclear attack while away from the White House.

"“This is Rick,” wrote DeAgazio. “He carries the ‘football’ The nuclear football (also known as the atomic football, the President’s emergency satchel, the Presidential Emergency Satchel, the button, the black box, or just the football) is a briefcase, the contents of which are to be used by the President of the United States to authorize a nuclear attack while away from fixed command centers, such as the White House Situation Room. It functions as a mobile hub in the strategic defense system of the United States. It is held by an aide-de-camp. and Rick is the Man.”"

You should have known that this man is a moron.!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Trump grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth. When he started his real estate investing career his daddy gave him a million dollars. He declared bankruptcy several times and is an obvious narcissist. I think if you asked him he would say he is the perfect man to be president so why would you question that?

• sir82
    sir82

I think, for the most part, Trump voters are quite happy...so far. Let's see how long the honeymoon lasts.

Corporations are already expressing regrets for backing him:

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2017/02/more_industries_are_realizing_that_trump_is_bad_for_their_business.html

Related to the OP:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/02/13/the_trump_administration_in_one_photo.html

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Trump's core supporters represent a small but vocal faction in this country who have absolutely zero interest in living in a country with Democratic (with a big "D") leadership. Call it Obama's America for short. They'd rather see the country burn than see an emerging multi-ethnic, socially liberal, international American society. We're talking about 25-30% of the voting public.

There has also been an effort over on the Right over the past 30 years to delegitimize any governmental body or institution controlled by Democrats. For example, we've seen screeds against "liberal, activist judges," the Clinton impeachment, lock-step opposition to anything Obama proposed, that has culminated in the rise of a right-wing entertainment-media complex that has supplanted traditional news among that crowd.

For those core Trump supporters, it was never about Hillary's emails or local control of government versus control at a national level. It's about the changing face of the nation. They would rather see the country burn than see themselves lose the culture wars.

The reasons for Trump's victory are much more complex than that. These core Trump supporters alone could not get Trump elected, but the Right in America has been responsible for the delegitimization of our political institutions over the past few decades that has resulted in traditional Republicans completely losing control of their party. Has it been worth it? A lot of my Republican friends are torn on this issue, but these are people who didn't vote for Trump or who voted for him despite serious reservations.

When you go scorched-earth, you get to rule over exactly that: a country whose political institutions have been scorched to the ground.

• Simon
    Simon
    For those core Trump supporters, it was never about Hillary's emails or local control of government versus control at a national level. It's about the changing face of the nation. They would rather see the country burn than see themselves lose the culture wars.

I just love how the left can claim what someone's motives are. If you didn't like Clinton's email debacle and think she lied about it, suddenly you are a racist. That's the answer to everything? "oh, it's because you hate brown people".

C'mon, this shit is getting very old very quickly.

Trump won because the left lost the middle because they are endlessly trying to tell people what they really think and that they are nazis.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Simon,

Trump won because the left lost the middle...

So why did the middle not choose to vote for a third party? Trump made it clear early on what type of person he was. If both choices were unacceptable they should have not voted for either of them. I myself voted third party.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    Trump won because the left lost the middle because they are endlessly trying to tell people what they really think and that they are nazis.

Right, because that's what I said. That Trump voters are Nazis.

And the Left didn't lose the middle. Clinton and Obama's 2012 totals were roughly the same. Clinton just had her support in the "wrong" areas.

• Simon
    Simon
    So why did the middle not choose to vote for a third party? Trump made it clear early on what type of person he was. If both choices were unacceptable they should have not voted for either of them. I myself voted third party.

Why should they? They didn't want Clinton and what she was promising so they voted for the next best thing. Voting for a 3rd party would be the same as voting for her.

Why didn't Clinton voters vote for a 3rd party?

Right, because that's what I said. That Trump voters are Nazis.

You are dribbling the same tired narrative - that anyone who voted and didn't vote for the leftist candidate WAS BECAUSE OF RACE.

If Clinton was elected, it would be OK, even though she's white ... is that how it works?

It's easier to argue that a lot of Obama's support from black voters was solely because of his color.

It's about the changing face of the nation. They would rather see the country burn than see themselves lose the culture wars.

What is that other than an accusation of racism?

And the Left didn't lose the middle. Clinton and Obama's 2012 totals were roughly the same. Clinton just had her support in the "wrong" areas.

Yes, they did. Many people who voted for Obama didn't vote for Clinton. In fact many didn't vote for dems up and down the ticket which is why they now control diddly squat. A great endorsement of Obama's 8 years.

Clinton had the support of an outgoing president with high approval ratings, numerous celebrities and concerts, Hollywood A types and media news organizations.

She still bombed and who knows, some of the support she thought she had might turn out to be illegitimate.

• bohm
    bohm

Yah this is a total clusterfuck... notice the picture where people are lighting the papers with their phones(!). Secret service, by the way, provide a mobile isolated unit to discuss these things.

As an aside: Why are nobody bothered that Trump basically uses the Japanese prime minister as a kind of prop in his own club where he is selling access to himself? (the fee for Mar Lago just doubled from 100K to 200K a year).

On the issue of national security, the Flynn-thing is still rolling. Flynn contacted the Russian embassy several times after Trump was elected and initially claimed (as did Pence) that he did not discuss sanctions. Many IC sources (they bug the embassy as per standard SIGINT procedure) are now saying that Flynn did discuss sanctions and Flynn is retracting to the usual "I can't remember" response. Reading a bit between the lines of what has been said Flynn likely encrypted some of the communication -- why?

I would strongly recommend this background article:

http://observer.com/2017/02/donald-trump-administration-mike-flynn-russian-embassy/

I wonder where the "Hillarys email server" crowd is on this one...

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Neverendingjourney, only some of Trump voters were White Nationalists and assorted racists. I think the issue is more complex.

It was Trump's bombastic personality that attracted more authoritarians than would otherwise vote, therefore inflating their numbers in the election.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit