Mass Shooting at Kingdom Hall in Hamburg, Germany

by EdenOne 171 Replies latest social current

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Just to summarize what the user + is writing in german:

The perpetrator seems to be a Phillip Fusz, 35. At some point this man with an evangelical upbringing and academic and professional background in finance joined the JWs. He lost his financial business during the pandemic and found solace in the Bible (his theology seems clearly influenced by the JW worldview). In December 2022 he self-published a book on Amazon with his theological views, titled "The Truth About God, Jesus Christ and Satan". In the beginning of March 2023 he faced a Judicial Hearing and was disfellowshipped (for apostasy, I presume).

Taken from the synopsis: "This book is a standard reference when it comes to Theology & Law. This book is a must read for all persons who hold a function or leading position in the fields of economy, science, politics and entertainment, and also for all religious persons." Seems like a deeply disturbed individual with a oversized notion of his self.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Could you please translate the above?

so what is known so far? It sounds like 8 dead and an unknown number injured

he was between 30-40 and dis fellowshiped about a year and a half earlier

he shot through the windows apparently so from now on even fewer windows on those Khalls

I wonder if we will all go back to zoom o ku for a time? Often there are copycat events after something like this

i amazed there is still nothing on jw.org all there is under news it still raves about

In-Person Circuit Assemblies and Theocratic Schools Resume

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I'm speculating here, but, seems plausible to me that he got disfellowshipped last week, appealed, his appeal came back rejected, and this week his disfellowshipping was announced in the mid-week meeting. The time (9:00 pm) seems consistent with the time when the announcement would be made to the congregation. He could have exacted his vengeance at that moment.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

If he was just disfellowshiped at last nights midweek meeting then those elders certainly don’t feel they made the wrong call

• Roxie
    Roxie

From what I understood, the perpetrator was inside the building, he was filmed through a window when shooting. The police heard a gun shot on the first floor and when they arrived there they found a body, and they thought that was the attacker. They assumed it because that was the last shot fired.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Holy smokes! From his website, here are his consulting fees:

"Since it is usually advisable to examine issues in a broader context, my minimum rate is a daily fee of 250.000 EUR + 19% VAT."

Inflated ego much? Also, he depicts himself as a trusted "consiglieri", a name we are familiar with the mafia at "The Godfather"....

Somewhat mysteriously, the book has a dedication:

"To one mesmerizing, beautiful, special lady".

I wonder if it's a JW woman in his congregation.´

How he sees his book:

"It is an epochal attempt to create a foundation to be recognized worldwide! The numerator is God, the denominator should be this work!" - Vii

"It should be noted, that this work will completely change your view of the world" p.3

Illusions of grandeur much? Perhaps he saw himself as the founder of a new religion? His style of writing is pedestrian, at best, and sometimes downright cringey.

Also, about his plans for the book:

Currently, the book will be translated into Portuguese, Spanish, French, Arabic and Chinese (Mandarin).
  • Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

This is just a sad tragedy all round. If it's true he is a disgruntled disfellowshipped person the JWs will see this as Satanically influenced persecution. No doubt innocent people were caught up in this.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

CBS news reported he was a 35 year old exjw who had a sport shooting license permit for the pistol and undiagnosed mental illness.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    • Rattigan35010 minutes agoCBS news reported he was a 35 year old exjw who had a sport shooting license permit for the pistol and undiagnosed mental illness.

It's starting to look a lot like undiagnosed schizophrenia.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

BBC is reporting that one of the victims was pregnant. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit