Oh Boy! Beards are "stumbling blocks" again ... from Stephen Lett

by freddo 96 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jesus says those who dishonor the Lord's creation shall parish

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/christ-middle-finger.thumbnail.jpg

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I wonder what their stance is on women shaving their pubic hair?

I may write to bethel (for a laugh) and see if i get an answer.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Didn't they show a video not too long ago featuring a "brother in good standing" who sported a well-trimmed beard?

As far as I'm concerned, this is just another tug on the leash.

• javierjiminy
    javierjiminy

Vidiot, I'm very curious about this video of someone with a beard. Do you have a link for this?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

No, sorry.

Others here have seen it, though; one of them might have kept a link.

Or there was one posted on the forum.

• compound complex
    compound complex

javierjiminy:

Hardly Society-approved, but in the film, Worlds Apart, a Danish "elder" sports long hair and a beard.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1065318/

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

... in their illustrations of the resurrected who rule with JC in heaven both men & women are shown as having beards ?

To be clear, the women who are shown as having beards were originally Italian.

Rub a Dub

• Half banana
    Half banana

Brothers please, it’s not kind to mock the afflicted, I think you are all being unfair to members of the divinely appointed governing body, give these poor men some slack!

The longer the holy JW cult continues the further away from common sense and reality they go. Insulated from normal people and normal life they are off in a psychotic dream world of their own making.

Just how do you imagine you would end up talking and thinking if you were forced to living your life in a magic bubble in fairyland?

• javierjiminy
    javierjiminy

Vidiot, CC, thanks for the comments and link to that. Lett's talk made no sense whatsoever to me, and as PIMO, I'm trying to wake up my family slowly and cautiously. These should help me a bit.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

I get so pissed off with these beard posts. Back in the hot summer of '76 I went 6 months without shaving and finished up with a face full of gingery bum-fluff. Eventually I shaved it off and my wife didn't even notice. So up yours, beard growers!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit