Oh Boy! Beards are "stumbling blocks" again ... from Stephen Lett

by freddo 96 Replies latest jw friends

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The only ones who may be stumbled would be ones looking for a reason. I counted personnel at the hospital, 75% beards. I would claim to be stumbled by the beard ban, except have to admit I am looking for reasons. A lot of people don't think twice if their doctor has a beard. My friend and I may try the beards at the next CA.

Earlier in the video he mentioned the scolding for not going out in service. Then fewer raised hands? I would raise mine, then be a no show. And they should well know about harping and scolding on doing "enough".

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Men who play god are indeed harmful and dangerous people.

Add in an element of ignorance and stupidity and you have a highly controlling religious cult like the Jehovah's Witnesses..

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

It's a fact that Rutherford didn't like beards, so eventually, the WT created a not written prohibition on beards. The same WT leaders make JW's believe that a brother with a beard was a spiritually weak person that allowed the Satan's World influences controlled his life. With that programation in mind, JW's men didn't want to be seen as spiritually weak people that allowed the corrupting influences of this system of things affected the congregation. BINGO!! The work was done. It was their "Christians trained conscience" that kept them away from beards.

Eventually, one brother here and another there realized the nonsense of this kind of reasoning and decided to grow a beard. What was WT next move?? The "stumbling block". They spent paper and ink making these brothers feeling guilt because they were making others(the weak ones) stumbling. First, the bearded brothers were the weak ones and know they were the stumbling blocks for the weak ones.

Since then the WT never has tried to correct the wrong point of view of the weak ones on this matter. Why?? Because they(the weak ones) make the perfect excuse that fills WT needs for control.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I remember my older brother decided to grow a beard and soon thereafter he was denied to give talks and go out in service and it wasn't a big bushing one either, trimmed and all that.

• freddo
    freddo

Actually - after mentioning "beards" as a possible cause of stumbling, then "heavy make up" - ole rubber face Lett mentioned alcohol.

So when Elder "likes a few" gets on your case about your beard you can say "I'll shave off my beard when you stop drinking alcohol."

Or even better - "I'll shave off my beard when your wife/daughter stops putting on her make up with a trowel."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Your right Wolfman85 a spiritually clean man doesn't wear a beard in Rutherford's mind.

The fact is he wanted his devoted door to door sales people to look as presentable as possible in the sales and marketing agenda.

• SummerAngel
    SummerAngel

What makes me stumble is lounge suits and bad 80s fashions

• sir82
    sir82

I'm stumbled by grossly obese old men in ill-fitting suits telling me what I ought to do.

• Sandino
    Sandino

Yeah, the video was interesting to watch as the only bearded individual in the audience. It seemed like time slowed down more than usual at the meeting as Lett spewed out his stupid remarks. But, I felt AWESOME and hoped everyone saw the imaginary middle fingers I had lifted to those flat screens.

• jp1692
    jp1692

PE: I wonder what their stance is on women shaving their pubic hair?

I'm fond of a well-trimmed bush.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit