Oh Boy! Beards are "stumbling blocks" again ... from Stephen Lett

by freddo 96 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

Yes, I'm stumbled by beards! I refuse to join a religion that would make me shave mine.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Sparky, thanks for posting that very interesting article. I liked this point in particular:

"The organization man of 20th-century America was cast as cleanshaven, his individuality subsumed into a larger, corporate identity."

Although not specifically talking about JWs, that quote really applies!

• jp1692
    jp1692

No, no, no! We musn't stumble the weak! Never.

Except that means "the weak ones" end up determining the rules and policies of the community.

What a stupid idea. Why not teach people to be more open-minded and tolerant and less judgemental over insignificant personal choices? Oh, I know: It's a cult!

On that note, I'm glad Lett doesn't have a beard. If he did we couldn't fully appreciate his goofy, rubber face.

• jp1692
    jp1692

It's odd Lett mentioned "wearing a beard ... [and] ... heavy makeup" in the same breath (6:50"):

Image result for man beard heavy make-up

• incognito2014
    incognito2014

I literally just tried pausing Lett at any point in his video and he looked ridiculous each and every time. Buffoon describes him to a tee.

Back on topic, this religion is fantastic at doing the stumbling. I'm not talking trivial things like beards and makeup, but completely unchristian actions , hatred and intolerance that they show. Everything they do, now that I can see the wood for the trees is offensive. Beards and makeup are not mentioned in the bible but caring the for the vulnerable is, the way you you treat those who want to return to god is, not making false prophesies in gods name is, the list goes on and on.

The don't care who they upset. Talk about "do as I say not as I do"

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

I think my wife actually likes my facial hair. I keep it trimmed short. I just don't like shaving - sensitive skin. I wonder if I should ask her if they saw that video at her meeting tonight (making a note of Sir82's reference to the verse in Ps 119).

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

On the other hand, Psalm 119:165 says "Abundant peace belongs to those loving your law, and for them there is no stumbling block".

That is why I refer anyone who claims to be "stumbled" to this Bible verse. Then I ask them why they do not love God's law?

Except that means "the weak ones" end up determining the rules and policies of the community.

I now use the term "stumble club". It is a useful tool for the timid, the weak, the stupid, the power hungry to beat their fellow slaves with. The wicked fools!

• jp1692
    jp1692

FedUpJW: I refer anyone who claims to be "stumbled" to this Bible verse. Then I ask them why they do not love God's law?

I've done the same. Then I wait for it ... Deer-in-the-headlights every single time!

Related image

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I can't take looking at this Overlapper's clown face expressions. I think that God could have picked someone better to lead his only true religion.

• jp1692
    jp1692

SG: I think that God could have picked someone better to lead his only true religion.

God only had about 8 billion better choices.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit