Oh Boy! Beards are "stumbling blocks" again ... from Stephen Lett

by freddo 96 Replies latest jw friends

• Hisclarkness
    Hisclarkness

The irony of this situation is that it’s the GB that is stumbling others from becoming JWs because of this stupid beard rule. No witness EVER left the organization because brother so and so decided to start wearing a beard. But I’m betting there’s many who will never become witnesses simply because they don’t want someone telling them they have to shave.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Between Stephen Lett and Donald Trump it seems that we are surrounded by crazy old men that have somehow made their way into positions of influence and power.

As far as stumbling people goes, one could argue that many people are stumbled away from accepting “the truth” simply because JW’s keep knocking on their doors and waking them up on Saturday mornings. Does that mean that Saturday morning field service should be curtailed?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Jehovah was the one who "instituted" facial hair - in fact all body hair!

Lettsplain that why don't ya Stephen scary clown-face.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Funny about hair and people's reaction to its growth/length.

Yeah! Why don't you take that dog to a pet groomer?

• Anders Andersen
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Stumbled over Stubble??

The GB are really so stupid!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Funny about hair and people's reaction to its growth/length.

Yeah! Why don't you take that dog to a pet groomer? -- DesirousOfChange

Which dog are you referring to?

(I'm a dog-care provider, and my powers are limited . . .)

• compound complex
    compound complex

It's odd Lett mentioned "wearing a beard ... [and] ... heavy makeup" in the same breath (6:50"): [image of bearded, made-up young man] -- jp1692

Right after signing off here, I went to market to get some groceries, and that young man's twin was walking the aisles, in a fur-collared designer jacket and tight pants, definitely not the redneck type I referenced earlier. He looked like a runway model.

Lett and Morris would have had simultaneous strokes . . .

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I'm stumbled by sisters that don't shave their armpits or legs.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Hahahaha! OMG these guys are hilarious. How do they give these talks with a straight face?

THEY, the GB, who are the only emblem partakers without mental issues, the ones who change their minds about life effecting doctrines and rules, the ones who seem to talk without thinking first and live in a bubble, are the ones doing all the stumbling.

If God does indeed exist he will "pitch them into the firey furnace" for being things that cause stumbling according to Matthew 13:41, 42. Unless of course they have changed the words of that scripture too. Lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit