Oh Boy! Beards are "stumbling blocks" again ... from Stephen Lett

by freddo 96 Replies latest jw friends

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

This is just another reason why people class Watchtower as a bat shit crazy cult

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Would love to see a fake pic of all the GB wearing a beard 😂😂

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    I think I was stumbled by all the talks about the danger of stumbling people

Well put..and in a nutshell slimboyfat 👍

• jws
    jws

I thought it was interesting the points about not pushing others into the "truth" but showing love. Is that what they do when they disfellowship people?

Interesting. I've been sporting a Van Dyke for the last 20 years ago, but in the last 8 months, I've let it go full beard.

People should go up to their elders carrying Watchtowers and tell them they have doubts because look, Jesus and his some of his apostles are wearing beards. You don't care what the norm was back then. Beards are normal now. Still, you feel stumbled. So you're going to stop reading the Watchtower.

Also, it's really interesting that they're using the phrase "right to choose". Are they totally unaware of what that phrase so often refers to? And if their bible now reads "right to choose" instead of "authority of yours", then JWs can now say that a woman's right to choose is spelled out in their bible. Word for word. Which is a good thing, but not sure that's how they meant it.

• charonsdog
    charonsdog

That guy (and the others) is so cringy to watch and listen to. I haven't attended in over four years, but no way in hell would I be able to sit there and view this shit on a video screen. Is this really what the meetings have become now? My parents and my children are still in and they have zero contact with me. It saddens me to know that I brought up two kids in this cult.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I haven't read all of the pages so if this was covered so be it. Russell and a lot of his senior staff had beards.

Rutherford was clean shaved and his staff was also clean shaved. He wanted to stake out his leadership position and not have it confused with Russells. So beards were out. And they have remained 'out' for a hundred years.

A petty disapproval turned into dogma. The same with white dress shirts blue or black suits for the guys. And dresses or skirts for the sisters long enough to cover their knee cap.

Obedience and Faith? It's not a tossup........ obedience is always more important.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jehovah god made man with beards and the leaders of the Watchtower Corporation /JWS say its unrighteous to wear a beard .......... go figure. ???

Jesus had this to say to the men of the commercialized false prophet known as the Watchtower Corporation.

christ-middle-finger.jpg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit