Oh Boy! Beards are "stumbling blocks" again ... from Stephen Lett

by freddo 96 Replies latest jw friends

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I wish these Overlappers would be as concerned about child abuse in the Kingdom Halls as they are about facial hair in the Kingdom Halls. Rubber clown face Lett is an embarrassment to all Jdubs.

• stillin
    stillin

I was stumbled by the video.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

There is an extremely long JW list of nonsense rules of dos & don'ts that deter the general public from being even remotely interested in this religion. This video can be added to that list.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

...and Micah 4:1 says that people would be streaming to the worship of Jehovah's Witnesses...naught!

More like running away from...!🤣🤣🤣

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m confused ? The organization is dead set against beards yet in their illustrations of the resurrected who rule with JC in heaven both men & women are shown as having beards ?

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

So sad. They keep playing the sect scenario.

G.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think I was stumbled by all the talks about the danger of stumbling people.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

The mistake is thinking the gb care about making the religion more accessible. They dont. The size of the cult is irrelevant to them. ‘Narrow is the road and few finding it’ and all that. They want a comparatively small easy fo handle cult that is self sustaining. Growth attracts attention from money grubbing governments and lawyers. Beards birthdays and blow jobs will never change. They. Dont. Care. To make it. Easy.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

JW.BORG says this - "The Bible never refers to a servant of God celebrating a birthday. This is not simply an oversight, for it does record two birthday celebrations by those not serving God. However, both of those events are presented in a bad light."

Job's sons celebrated the anniversary of their births!!!!!!!

Genesis 40:20 - "Now the third day was Pharʹaoh’s birthday,

Job 1:4 - "Each of his sons would hold a banquet at his house on his own set day. They would invite their three sisters to eat and drink with them."

Job 3:1 - "It was after this that Job began to speak and to curse the day of his birth."

Jer. 20:14 - "Cursed be the day I was born!"

In all four verses, the same Hebrew word is used. (yowm)

Let's imitate the WTBTS's reasoning; "The Bible never refers to a servant of God wearing eye make-up. This is not simply an oversight, for it does record two occasions when eye make-up was worn by those not serving God. However, both of those events are presented in a bad light."

(2 Kings 9:30) When Jehu came to Jezreel, Jezebel heard of it. So she painted her eyes with black paint....

(Ezekiel 23:40) ....you washed yourself and painted your eyes......

Based on the "faithful slave's" spirit-directed wisdom, eye make-up for JW women is clearly pagan and should be abhorred - just like birthdays. Got to be made a disfellowshipping offence!

• Chook
    Chook

Dear Governing Body your clean shaven faces are not only scaring me but they are genuinely stumbling me from accepting the lord, can you please grow some stubble so as to reflect the image of god.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit