Oh Boy! Beards are "stumbling blocks" again ... from Stephen Lett

by freddo 96 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Beards and makeup are not mentioned in the bible

Actually there are quite specific details about beard grooming in the Mosaic Law.

And Jezebel is depicted as putting on makeup.

I recall reading a pretty persuasive post, many years ago, that highlighted that if the same "reasoning" that is used to condemn birthday celebrations were applied consistently, no JW could ever wear even the slightest hint of makeup (the argument was along the lines of "the only time cosmetics are mentioned in the Bible, someone ends up dying" - sound familiar?).

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Everything stumbles the Borg. Just before my wife and I left a married couple should not hold hand during a prayer. Because it might stumbles some new comer who may think we are thinking about having sex. Tight pants, holding hands, women wearing pants, tight clothing, pillows and on and on. It's all causes sex according to the cult. But it is alright to talk crazy shit on stage because God is with us. Still Totally ADD

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Mr Lett - you're Pharisaic position, attitude and self-important speeches stumble me. Stop it now!

Sanctimonious & pompous hypocrite who probably believes in his own hype.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Jehovah hates an older man with a well trimmed beard.

Jehovah loves a middle aged man with a stupid comb over.

CASE CLOSED!!!!!!!!

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I tried to view it - just could not get through it.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I guess if God didn't want men to have a beard then he shouldn't have created man with facial hair. God put it there but the Gibbering Booty says to take it off. These Overlappers want the skin on a man's face to be as smooth as a babies butt.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Good point Sour Grapes.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

It's odd Lett mentioned "wearing a beard ... [and] ... heavy makeup" in the same breath

Image result for conchita wurst

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I'm pro-beard but if a beard is so long it's a "stumbling beard" it probly needs a trim in the interests of public safety.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    Goofball and rubber faced Stephen Lett says : ''like Paul,are we willing to forgo our rights regarding for example wearing beards''

Rights are legal, social, or ethical principles of freedom or entitlement; that is, rights are the fundamental normative rules about what is allowed of people or owed to people, according to some legal system, social convention, or ethical theory.

When is someone's rights a stumbling block for anyone.Only to the Watchtower Society, growing a beard is a ''stumbling block''. Not to any individual members in the congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit