Scholar and Fisherman

by Jorden 207 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro the Skeptic

Stories written by people who survive floods contain details about people surviving floods. Amazing. The claim that they are “identical” Is simply a lie though.

--

Noah and his family survived the worldwide Flood and lived to tell the story which has been reproduced universally in all different cultures which establishes the historicity of the Flood account in Genesis.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Yeah, direct analysis of evidence is just like words in a story attributed to someone decades after their death. 🤦‍♂️ You don’t need to keep demonstrating the extent of your delusion. It’s already obvious. And it sounds like you don’t understand what atheism is too.

--

WT scholars know all about direct analysis of evidence as it has been applied to NB Chronology including VAT 4956 and found that such materials along with sound exegesis prove 607 BCE and 1914 CE which began the 'Lord's Day' accompanied with the 'seven trumpets'- 'seven woes' and the '42 months' much to the chagrin of Jeffro.

Further, regarding your atheism are you a 'theoretical atheist' or a 'practical atheist'?

scholar JW

• Jorden
    Jorden

Even if such a war were to break out, it would not be evidence of God, or that it happened specifically because of ‘prophecies’, though it is plausible that people in positions of authority could deliberately try to influence events to ‘fulfil’ it.

Your statement is in error in where you are trying to address what I said/didn't say. And your statement is actually truer than you know, and actually is the case.

In your reply you half quoted me.

Full quote, bolden what you quoted:

[For those that do not believe now, I will tell you that when WW3 breaks out and this current system collapses and as a result the UN is given authority for 42-months, many will certainly start to believe at that time. And for those that don't believe during that time, then you will get your proof that you need to see in order to believe. You will see at the end of the 42-months, and you will believe then.]

I did not mention of it being proof/evidence of God in that part. I said the proof/evidence will be seen AFTER the 42-months end.

And YES, not only plausible but it is the case that people in positions of authority are deliberately influencing these events.

Bring about the events that will lead to the need to put the UN in power.

The 42 months already happened in 66-70CE. Christian expectations for what would follow were simply wrong, and they’ve been making up alternatives ever since.

Say what you will, I have told you what will happen.

WW3/collapse of this system>>>brings about empowering the UN>>>42-months later Jesus will come.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

Prove it. How can something stated decades later such as the time of writing Revelation as prophecy be now considered to be historical in 66-70 CE?

It’s not my problem that you don’t understand the genre of Revelation. 🤦‍♂️ (So much for JWs being such great Bible teachers. 😂) Jesus was expected to return within a generation of his death, after the great tribulation. He didn’t. They were wrong.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Jorden:

Say what you will, I have told you what will happen.

Good grief. 🤦‍♂️ But as already stated, even if such a war took place it wouldn’t be evidence of God. And the claim that something after that would be evidence of God is just begging the question anyway.

WW3/collapse of this system>>>brings about empowering the UN>>>42-months later Jesus will come.

You’re about 1,957 years too late for the start of the 42 months. Jesus didn’t show up when the period ended.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

It’s not my problem that you don’t understand the genre of Revelation. 🤦‍♂️ (So much for JWs being such great Bible teachers. 😂) Jesus was expected to return within a generation of his death, after the great tribulation. He didn’t. They were wrong.

--

The said scholar is very familiar with the genre of Revelation as he has studied this subject at great depth. Your view that Jesus was expected to return within a generation of his death after the great tribulation is wrong as such aprevilaing opinion ampngst some was corrected by the Apostle Paul in

Jeffro

--

The said scholar is very familiar with the genre of Revelation. The view that some expected Jesus' return after his death and the great tribulation was later corrected by the Apostle Paul in his Thessalonians and now we can be ever so grateful for the understanding made by the FDS regarding the manner and timing of the Return or Second Advent of our dear Lord Jesus Christ.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

Further, regarding your atheism are you a 'theoretical atheist' or a 'practical atheist'?

I’m well aware that people like to come up with all types of tedious hair splitting definitions for these things, but it is a distraction from the fact that there is no evidence for your preferred deity.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

I’m well aware that people like to come up with all types of tedious hair splitting definitions for these things, but it is a distraction from the fact that there is no evidence for your preferred deity.

--

Clearly, you have a limited understanding of the meaning of 'atheism' being unable to answer such a basic question.

The evidence of God and my preferred deity -Jehovah God is right in front of you just open your eyes and observe the natural world for as a wise man said in Ps. 14:1 "The foolish one says in his heart; 'There is no Jehovah'".Are you a foolish one?

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

Clearly, you have a limited understanding of the meaning of 'atheism' being unable to answer such a basic question.

Fallacy: straw man attack. I don’t care to engage in your tedious interrogation, which is not an indication of my understanding of the term.

The evidence of God and my preferred deity -Jehovah God is right in front of you just open your eyes and observe the natural world for as a wise man said in Ps. 14:1 "The foolish one says in his heart; 'There is no Jehovah'".Are you a foolish one?

Fallacy: straw man attack, appeal to emotion, naturalistic fallacy, confirmation bias, circular reasoning.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Fallacy: straw man attack. I don’t care to engage in your tedious interrogation, which is not an indication of my understanding of the term.

--

Please share your understanding of the term.

--

Fallacy: straw man attack, appeal to emotion, naturalistic fallacy, confirmation bias, circular reasoning.

--

Rather it is an appeal to reason and not emotion

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit