THEY'VE DONE IT!!!! The WBTS set a new date!

by dmouse 208 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

dmouse,

Thanks for keeping us up to date with the 'spiritual food'. I'm really encouraged now.

Minimus,

Sorry, but I don't think they've set up a new date. That's just wishful thinking. This would only verify that their is no urgency. And that is something the Society would NEVER want to convey. Let us not grab at straws

I agree, they are not setting a date. They know how the rank and file will respond so they, the WT, do not have to 'set a date'. They can just let the loyal dubs read between the lines while maintaining their freedom to deny they said it. I doubt it will make many waves. Remember, 1974 was subtly eluded to as a significant date way back in 1942. These things give hope to those loosing hope, faith to those loosing faith (in men).

It may be a ways off but this is probably the best they can come up with.

kgfreeperson

DO MORE 'TIL 34!!!!!
    I love it. Jst2laws
  • peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Obviously the writers are aware that some in the org are chronology obsessed and such an article would be intepreted as evidence that the end is in 2034. They're making no effort to discourage the idea, at least not in the excerpt posted here. This leads me to believe that at least some in the top brass meant it to be understood as a prediction. BTW the 120 years was once understood by JWs correctly as a decree of the god/gods limiting the lifespan of humans, not as some time reference. The change was made when they were compiling the SI book material to suggest god was a great timekeeper. This was done,I believe, to add weight to the 1975 prediction. P.S. The 120 year decree is found in Summerian Flood legend that predates the earliest assumed date for Genesis. Unless the pagans were also privy to a converstaion in heaven the story must be undestood as mythology.

• minimus
    minimus

If the Society was TRYING to make this connection-----It would be counterproductive. No 2 ways around it. It's not smart to suggest that you have over 30 years to worry about "urgency". It doesn't make sense to give high 5's to each other for saying the Society has "DONE IT!!!! THE WBTS set a new date"......No they didn't. To suggest that they are is having us believe that they are giving us a new date to remain inactive till. Absolutely makes no sense!

• blondie
    blondie

Here's are some websites that promote the 2034 CE date (FYI not promoted by Blondie) I agree with Minimus that the WTS is not officially promoting the 2034 date. But many JWs may private hope. These websites are not JWs that I know of:

http://www.2001translation.com/Armageddon.htm (it seems to be promoted by a Jim Wheeler)

He also promotes the 2001 Translation An American English Bible Online.

http://www.skypoint.com/~camilian/prophecy/

http://bric.users.ftech.net/index.html (John Denton)

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

Didn't someone else start a thread where the WTS announced that 2005 would be the end?

But I guess 2034 would be a more tactical year. Like some of you said, the younger ones won't know about previous mishaps, and thus eat this up like candy.

• JCanon
    JCanon

Thanks for this information! I guess the WTS has no clue.

What does 1874 mean, what does 1916 mean, what does 1925 mean ect.]

The GB has been "disfellowshipped" since 1992 and so they don't have a clue as they are in spiritual darkness. But here's a slight rundown on these dates. NOAH'S "LAST GENERATION" 120 YEARS: Is from 1874 to 1994. THE "LAST GENERATION" in the parables for the "parousia" is a generation of 80 years (Ps. 90) beginning with "nation against nation and kingdom against kingdom", namely, a world War, that being WWI. Thus the 80-year generation ends the same time as the 120-year generation in 1994. Per three means of chronology, the 1335 days which dates the second coming 45 years after the end of the gentile rule in Palestine, that is, 45 years after the Jews regain control over Palestine (1947) dates the second coming in 1992. Another reference is "gift and sacrifice" ending in the mid-70th week the first time when Christ's death ends the animal sacrifices, the second time when he arrives and ends the Lord's Supper kept by his followers until he arrives. By that method we can determine his first Passover after his return by calculating the 70th week closest to this last generation period of 1914-1994 which is 1989-1996. You simply count 70 weeks of 490 years from 36CE, the date we all know the first 70th week ended. That's 1960 years ending in 1996. Mid-week passover, the first in which he arrives, is thus in 1993; obviously the same year implied by the 1335 days prophecy. Finally, the WTS' well-known understanding about the 2520 years from the fall of Jerusalem to the second coming is dated correctly from the corrected date for the fall of Jerusalem in 529BCE to 1992. This 529BCE dating can be directly obtained from two astronomical texts with DOUBLE-DATING (proving manipulation of the chronology) to year 7 of Nebuchadnezzar in 541BCE and year 37 to 511BCE (VAT4956). Thus everything is fulfilled as far as the second coming goes by 1994 since that occurred in 1992. 1925: Interestingly enough, few people realize the chronology behind 1925. It represents the end of a week of jubilees. The WTS erroneously presumed a jubilee period was 50 years when, in fact, a jubilee is the 1st year of the next 49 years. Thus every Jubilee is every 49 years. But by using 50 years, they presumed there was significance in the 70 weeks. Multiply 70 x 50 is 3500 years, which they calculated from some date for the time the Jews entered the Promised land until 1925. That date looks like 1525BCE. Of course, that doesn't work. Still they did understand the implication of a week of jubilees. The true understanding is a period of 70 jubilees from the time of the Exodus which is the first jubilee down to our day, a period 70 years shorter of 3430 years. The Exodus is 19 jubilees from 455BCE occuring in 1386BCE, 931 years before 455BCE. The 7-day 70-week week begins two days (2 x 490 x 980) before 455BCE in 1435BCE, the time when Moses was age 30 which relates to when Jesus got baptized at 30. That period ends in 1996, of cours, as already noted. So the very critical 7th 70th week is from 1989 to 1996. If ever Christ was to fulfill 7 and 70 this would be the week. The WTS has since abandoned trying to use the 70 jubilees reference of 3500 years since it simply doesn't work. Even their date for the Exodus in 1513BCE is less than 3500 years down to our day (1987), 40 years beyond that to when the Jews entered the promised Land is 2027. But that's a date that disregards the other relevant chronology of the WTS. Anyway, looks like the WTS is getting out of hand a bit. Think it's time for me to provide then with what they are up against with the VAT4956 and SK400 recharting which points to 529BCE for the true fall of Jerusalem. I would think their spies would have read this information on the net by now and figured out they have the wrong dates. I'll probably do my usual routine, contact the local congregation and ask them "Why are Jehovah's witnesses misrepresenting the Bible..." and star with their claim that the 70 years began with the fall of Jerusalem until the last deportation. Once they realize that is wrong and 1914 is thus wrong, then they are forced to listen to the Biblical solution to the delimma which is dating the fall in 529BCE and thus the first of Cyrus to 455BCE. That is a critical step. The research is developed enough now so that the lay members or at least the elders can comprehend this. If you infect just one congregation of elders with the TRUTH then it will gradually spread. Problem is, even if they do realize the truth that 529BCE is the better historical and Biblical date for the fall of Jeruslaem and thus Christ would arrive in 1992 instead of 1914, what good will it do them other than confirming that Jehovah has abandoned them? Per the Bible, the "false prophet" is thrown into the lake of fire along with the 666 Beast (Christendom) "while still alive", meaning they don't repent and continue their false prophecy scam, so why bother other than to condemn them? Counterintelligence is fun though. Maybe it's time since we're truly on the verge of Armageddon now. Thanks, again, for the article wake-up call. JC

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

I have not read that magazine but it does not seem from the quote that the Society is setting a new date outright. It seems they are trying to instill some hope and energy into the brothers.

If though they are trying to point to a date 2034 is too far away for the core workers the vast majority of the long time faithful brothers to look forward to. This would be more discouraging than encouraging to them I think. The Society's younger ones need the older mature ones in their forties and fifties to help them to keep going. If the Society discourages the baby boomers who have waited for so long and who have witnessed the passing of the previous generations I think it would be catastrophic for the Organization.

I find it hard to understand why they act the way they do, since they even act without reason or common sense many times.

Sabrina

• blondie
    blondie

Does that mean I have to give my wings back??? Blondie

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

DMouse: WOw, I don't usually read the dub posts because I prefer fluff. I actually thought nothing about them could make me cry but you know what I am crying. I think about all the wasted lives and it makes me sick at heart and stomach. God they are vile, vile people luring another generation into delusions of the end.

Blondie: I do obiesance to you <<<<<oh hail Blondie.....OH hail Blondie>

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The WTS modus operandi

In the previously quoted article, you will notice there are no banner headlines proclaiming "ARMAGEDDON - 2034!"

That's not their style. Instead, they "hint" and "suggest," letting the reader draw the conclusions that they want her to draw.

It is essential that the WTS keep the expectation of Armageddon sometime in the future, but not TOO far into the future. But 31 years? Is that too far? Probably not. Did the WTS talk about 1975 in the year 1944?

No, they did not.

The 1943 book "The Truth Shall Make You Free" pointed at 1972.

"The Truth Shall Make You Free," chapter XI "The Count of Time" page 152:

" ... From Adam's creation to the end of B .C. 1 was 4,028 years
    From beginning of A .D. 1 to the end of 1943 is 1,943 years
    From Adam's creation to the end of 1943 A.D. is 5,971 years

We are therefore near the end of six thousand years of human history, with conditions upon us and tremendous events at hand foreshadowed by those of Noah's day .-Luke 17 : 26-30."
    - - - end of quote - - -

If 1943 was 5,971 years from Adam's creation, then 29 years later - 1972 - would be the 6,000th year.

It will be interesting to see if the WT drumbeat on this new date gets the kind of buildup that 1975 got. What is certain, however, is that the date will come and go with this newest prophecy unfullfilled.

Another deep truth we can extract from this new light is that Adam must have been 59 years from his date of creation - and remember that Adam had no infancy, but was created as a mature man - when Jah introduced him th the hot young new chick named Eve.

A TYPICAL middle-aged male fanstasy, no?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit