THEY'VE DONE IT!!!! The WBTS set a new date!

by dmouse 208 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby
    wanted to bring this thread back up to the top. I would have missed it entirely myself if I hadn't been looking back at the hot threads in Stats.

Sirona,

This same reason you gave no doubt is the reason WHY many witnesses are not familiar with past changes within the Organisation and are clueless of their own religious teachings. This is also the reason many witnesses have died because a lack of understanding in the newer blood policy.

Imagine.......5 or 6 brothers skip the meeting to watch Sunday football on the Sunday they had the "generation change" article. If another witness doesn't bring it to their attention.......will they ever know? What are the chances these 5 or 6 brothers will go over the lesson they missed? These brothers might end up clueless that a generation IS NOT a lifetime of an individual and STILL believe the end in nigh till they hear different....if they ever do.

Gumby

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Now that we are nearly past the 100 year anniversary of Christ's invisible reign over nothing, does anyone think this 1914 + 120 years = 2034 hint might get another airing by the Watchtower Society soon to try and keep a 'sense of urgency' going post-2014?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Give JW.BORG some time. Let the Conti case play out. Lets see what the next year or two brings. Will there be a collective "WTF?? 100 years?!?!" moment that must be dealt with?? We will see.

DD

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Let the Conti case play out.

I don't think the Conti case will play a major role in anything doctrinal.....except to those who happen to be victims too. Then it is important to YOU. It has a bearing on YOUR life. If the huge settlement holds (and I think WT could still have it overturned and it would be seen as Jah stepping in) then you might see further adjustment in dealing with reporting alledged abuse.

A Conti win might have a big financial affect if it prompts 100s more similar cases that could result in a landslide of expensive verdicts, however I am convinced the Brooklyn sell-off is all part of a strategy to prepare the Corporations that are at risk to file bankruptcy. No lawyer will sue an empty pot.

As I see it, the religion is no longer promoting doctrine. Their marketing plan has changed. They are selling the "sizzle", not the steak.

RAH RAH JWdotORG!

Doc

• dmouse
    dmouse

Blooming eck, this is a blast from the past! Back from when I was a more regular poster (just browse occasionally now).

I think this was just them floating an idea to see how it was received.

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

Hahah they keep worshipping that apocalyptic god of the old testament.

Shana

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

dmouse, nice to see you again man!

• rocketman
    rocketman

It's great when these old threads get dusted off.

• suavojr
    suavojr

To remember is to live again

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit