THEY'VE DONE IT!!!! The WBTS set a new date!

by dmouse 208 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gopher
    Gopher

They've got to be desperate with their date-setting at the Watchtower Society. I'll bet some of the WT leadership who have been around forever are upset or wondering why their oft-predicted "end of the system" hasn't yet occurred.

Maybe they're thinking the end is delaying, hence the new 120 year projection.

Read the part of Matthew 24 AFTER the reference to the faithful and discreet slave, and see if it doesn't match up with what the Society's leaders are doing now.

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; [They said Armageddon was coming sooner, but now he has delayed -- we're not sorry, it's not our fault --- it must be the lord's idea to keep us waiting]

49 And shall begin to smite [his] fellow servants [disfellowship all who question us] , and to eat and drink with the drunken; [associate with the UN as an NGO]

50-51 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for [him], and in an hour that he is not aware of, And shall cut him asunder, and appoint [him] his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. [The WT is shown to be hypocritical to all aware observers. The tide of public sentiment turns against them, as information becomes available to show they're just another doomsday group.)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Let's see How old is David Splaine

Perhaps they think he will still be here

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

Good I have 31 years to go back. I thought it was right around the corner?

• Will Power
    Will Power

Good Morning Funny they would parallel the Noah disaster with something yet to come. Doesn't god say in the bible that HE will never do that again? Or does the WT mean that HE means (cause they know what & how gods think) he'll never cause so much destruction again - with a flood ! Will P

• invictus
    invictus

This is reminding me of a brother who gave a talk in our congregation in 1994,when he read scripture in Psalms 90:10 - days of our years are 70; by special mightiness 80 years- and then he said something like this: Now brothers I am not saying anything more but to keep vigilant and remember 1914,when Jesus came in heavenly glory and proclaim judgement and bear in mind that we are now in 1994 exactly 80 years later and...bla,bla,bla

it is the same now - we are not proclaiming it we are just saying 1914... 1975....end is nea... 1994... be vigil...2034... imminent destru....khrr....transmition lost - at least for my and my family.( taking off our aluminum foil hats)

Invictus,free to live without fear of dates.

• fjtoth
  • blondie
    blondie

It's amazing what a little holy spirit will do for girl's looks.

Thanks Frank.

Blondie

• freedom96
    freedom96

Well, 2034 is hardly just around the corner, and people are not going to eagerly await that. People get lazy, especially for so long.

The WTS is also forgetting that the bible clearly states that no one knows the time that it will happen. I don't know how much more clear it could have been made.

Plus, isn't that way past the generation of 1914? How many more witnesses are going to fall for this crap???

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Actually it makes sense to me --- it is 31 years in the future -by then all the governing body and most of the Nethinim will be dead -sorry received their heavenly calling --so what do they care -- they have nothing to lose -- they do not care if they screw around with peoples lives -- and in the meantime everybody has to keep on the watch in eschatological expectancy

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yes ozzie, it has deniabilty built in. It will be interesting to see how much they play it up, in the yrs to come.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit