THEY'VE DONE IT!!!! The WBTS set a new date!

by dmouse 208 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dmouse
    dmouse

The latest Watchtower, Dec 15th 2003, is an out and out attack on the rank and file for dropping into a drowsy state spiritually. OK, so Armageddon didn't come before the generation of 1914 grew old and died. But does that mean that the big A isn't near?

The Society have realized that a vague 'anytime soon just isn't going to motivate the troops. Many on this board have said that the WBTS have learned from their mistakes and won't tie themselves down to a date again.

They may have a point because the latest date set by the Org (sometime before 2034) is not stated categorically (aka 1975) but the brothers will definitely make the correct inference that the WBTS want them to make. And when THIS prophecy fails then they will say (again) that it was 'some' reading too much into things.

Here is the quote from the latest mag:

Our Watchfulness Takes On Greater Urgency

Warned of ?Things Not Yet Beheld?

6 In Noah?s day, Jehovah declared: ?My spirit shall not act toward man indefinitely in that he is also flesh. Accordingly his days shall amount to a hundred and twenty years.? (Genesis 6:3) The issuance of this divine decree in 2490 B.C.E. marked the beginning of the end for that ungodly world. Just think what that meant for those then living! Only 120 years more and Jehovah would bring ?the deluge of waters upon the earth to bring to ruin all flesh in which the force of life is active from under the heavens.? - Genesis 6:17

7 Noah received the warning of the upcoming catastrophe decades in advance, and he wisely used the time to prepare for survival. ?After being given divine warning of things not yet beheld.? Says the apostle Paul, ?[Noah] showed godly fear and constructed an ark for the salvation of his household.? (Hebrews 11:7) What about us? Some 90 years have passed since the last days of this system of things began in 1914. We are certainly in ?the time of the end.? (Daniel 12:4) How should we respond to warnings we have been given? ?He that does the will of God remains forever,? states the Bible. (1 John 2:17) Now is therefore the time to do Jehovah?s will with a keen sense of urgency.

9 Jehovah has kept these warnings in front of his people by means of timely reminders through the spiritual food provided by ?the faithful and discrete slave.? ?

21Although the Flood seems remote from our day, it clearly provides a warning that we must not ignore?.

• shamus
    shamus

So, they are hinting now that it should happen in 120 years from 1914???

Omg, I try not to swear, but for ******sakes, this is ridiculous.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Subtle, isn't it? Very interesting.

Thanks for posting this, as always, dmouse.

Cheers, OzzieCheers 2

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, dmouse, I have jokingly suggested this date 2034 with the same reasoning 1914 + 120 years given Noah.

Yes, the new year's text is stressing the need to be vigilant, jackal. The translation of this is the WTS is seeing a slide in attendance at meetings and participation in the ministry. So they are saying that the big A is just around the corner which they have been saying since 1914 almost 90 years ago. My little joke is that the end is coming in 2034 since Noah lived in a judgement period that proved to be 120 years long, 1914 to 2034 is 120 years, but it is just my little joke.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/61033/1.ashx

Now the WTS has confirmed it.. Does that mean I'm anointed?

Blondie

• Nickey
    Nickey

smh

No Blondie, you know what? They did you like Ray... you know they read this board, just like they read his book. You gave them that idea! They had that printed up within a week as a last minute article! A new reason, a new light....

I just know it.... or maybe I need to stop watching the FBI Files. It's gettin' to me...

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Like hillary_step says, the WTBS has cunning to spare. Looks like they've cooked up another date scam.

2034 is a long way off though, I don't know how inspiring this will be to JWs.

• Nickey
    Nickey

Well, I don't think the fam has read this yet...

What does the cover look like? I'm too lazy to look at the dates on the mags.

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

people 30 + years old this will not set so good with. they have given up thair lives for the promise of the end before thay retire. But the children of tomrrow will not see the shifting dates of the past, and will look forward to this new date as writen in stone. the socity will no doubt start increasing thair referal to this new time line, as they always do, start slow and move faster as the lie becomes fact. the only differance from the past is the internet and the education of the people and the acess to info. that we did not have ten years ago. It will be harder and harder for the rank and file to not hit a door that some one throws a list of quotes in front of them. [ What does 1874 mean, what does 1916 mean, what does 1925 mean ect.] I personaly have run away 5 elders with nothing but questions, they are like silvya brown promising to show up at james randis site to have her abilitys tested, 790 days and counting, no show. they all 5 have promised to contact me with answers to my questions and not one has shown. it is a lot easier to just write me off. I take every day they dont show as a victory. all they can do is to bad mouth me behind my back, by thair works you shall know them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

So at first the JW's felt that the "last days" could last less than 40 years, seeing that the "last days" of the Jewish system went from 33CE to 70CE (a total of 37 years). So Armageddon would come in the early 1950's, since 1914 + 37 = 1951.

Then in the 1960's, the JW's invented the idea that Armageddon should come in or around 1975, seeing that according to their chronology, mankind would mark their 6000-year anniversary on earth that year.

When that didn't happen, attention later shifted to the end-of-the-century, as it did with other Messianic groups.

Now they're wanting people to believe that the "last days" parallels Noah's 120 years? That some Genesis declaration regarding THAT destruction story actually literally transfers to our time??

They've got to be desperate.

• avengers
    avengers

Allright! Armageddon at last. No apostates anymore to bug me. A totally New System ruled by the ol' geriatrics of the Watchtower.

That's all I've ever wanted. My wish come true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit