THEY'VE DONE IT!!!! The WBTS set a new date!

by dmouse 208 Replies latest watchtower bible

• fdsjeffanthony
    fdsjeffanthony

Is there anyone out there who is serious about studying God's timing cycles? I didn't know the WTBTS came out with this article and even though they didn't specifically say 2034 it's safe to assume we all got that message. The interesting point is that that has been the date in my head for quite a while now. I'm a bible student to the max and chronology and future dating is one of my favorite hobbies. Here are a few points bringing me to 2034.

1) Hosea 6:2 (Young's Literal Translation) He doth revive us after two days, In the third day He doth raise us up, And we live before Him. Alongside the day = 1000 years principle we all have heard we have 2000 years of "sleep" and then awakening. The type and shadow being Jesus asleep for two days and risen on the third as well. I start this prophecy at Pentecost 33 CE when the Pentecostal Age began. 2000 years determined for that age so 2034 is th end of that age... In studying types and shadows (Heb 10:1) of Moses' holidays we find that the antitype of Passover was at Jesus' death, the antitype of Pentecost is a full outpouring of the holy spirit. The elect of God, all part of the first resurrection, will have the same authority of Jesus. In essence being part Christ because they are his body and he is the head. The anointing oil will have dribbled down from the hair onto the shoulders onto the back, arms, chest, etc.

2) The chronology of the WTBTS is all wrong. They are based on Russells calculations from 120 years ago. Recent scholarship has fixed the discrepancies. 3967 BC better fits the actual dates and calculations of the bible, when I finish the chart I will post it. The 6 days to completely finish creating man = 6000 of our years (1 day = 1000 years) ends at 2034 AD!!! The 1000 year reign of the Christ company can then happen from 2034-3034. The the handing over of all authority back to God after His 7th day rest will be happening as scheduled, on the day of Tabernacles of course.

3) Even though the 1914 date is wrongly calculated to be what the WTBTS claim it to be it is still a correct calculation when we figure the difference between legal time and actual time in the bible. A jubilee cycle is 50 years but it is ACTALLY 49 years since the first year of a cyle overlaps the last year in the previous cycle. Does anyone know of the instances of 120 years broken up into 3*40? Two quick examples are Saul reigned 40, David reigned 40, Solomon reigned 40 = 120. Moses in Egypt 40, Moses in exile 40, Moses with Israelites 40 = 120. Well, 120 "legal time" Jubilees from 3967 is 2034, not interesting because that's just 6000 years, a repetition of point #2. The 120 "actual time" jubilees come to 1914 of which we are well aware of the chaos which followed the Pentecost of that year. This gets interesting when we begin to figure the other breaks at 40 and 80 Jubilees. At 40 we find Abraham being called out of Babylon to become a "Jehovah's Witness" (couldn't resist). At 80 We find the antitypical Passover of Jesus' death.

4) This is just an added comment. We can break down the seven days into "halvings." The first Passover Age is 4 days. The Pentecost Age is 2 days. The Tabernacles Age is 1 day. After that is the 8th day which is circumcision day for us all. The carnal we be riddened and we can truly be happy in a paradise new earth. No matter what God caused our lives to be today, and no matter what decisions he causes us to make prior to death.

Agape,

Jeff

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here are excerpts from that article.

WT December 15, 2003 - Study Article for January 19-25 ?Our Watchfulness Takes on Greater Urgency? pages 14 - 19.

1 ?Above all other things, the twentieth century was shaped by war,? says author Bill Emmott. ...

2 ...Moral breakdown and increase in crime and violence are evident...All this testifies that we are living in ?critical times.? - 2 Timothy 3:15-2.

3 How do you view the worsening trend in human affairs?...This requires more than simply acknowleging that we are living in the last days, more than recognizing that times are hard. We must have firm conviction that ?the end of all things has drawn close.? (1 Peter 4:7) Only then will our wachfulness take on a sense of urgency....

4 Consider the conditions prevailing during the time preceding a one-of-a-kind even in human history - the great Deluge of Noah?s day...

5 It is reasonable to assume that Jehovah feels about the present world as he felt about the pre-Flood world...

6 ...Only 120 years more and Jehovah would bring ?the deluge of waters upon the earth to bring to ruin all flesh in which the force of life is active from under the heavens.? - Genesis 6:17.

7...What about us? Some 90 years have passed since the last days of this system of things began in 1914. We are certainly in ?the time of the end.? (Daniel 12:4).. Now is therefore the time to do Jehovah?s will with a keen sense of urgency.

Five key similarities are listed (headings):

• Warned of ?Things Not Yet Beheld? - a warning of coming destruction is given in no uncertain terms
    • Sexual Depravity Becomes Rampant
    • Earth Becomes ?Filled With Violence?
    • The Message is Preached
    • Only a Few Survive
  • jgnat
    jgnat

Jeff, with all due respect, such calculations do nothing for Christians. Such calculations have been done for centuries, and before the Christians, the Jewish community attempted to set the date of deliverance as well.

Quoted from Maps, Mongols, and the Jewish Millenium

Maimonides, among others, warned against making such calculations. Nevertheless, both he, and other rabbinic authorities, did yield to community pressures. Done with scholarly ingenuity, estimations of the date of

geulah were intended to uplift the spirits of the Jewish people. Some Jews took such estimates seriously, but others knew that these matters were beyond the ability of any human to determine.

For Rabbis the temptation has always been great to come up with a concrete estimate of the year of the advent, even though the

Tanach says that the ketz (end) will occur : ?in its time? (Isaiah 60:22). If Isaiah could not be more specific, whom else can we rely on? Yet many Rabbis have calculated specific years. This, despite a warning in the Talmud that people might lose faith in the coming of the Mashiach if a prediction proved to be wrong.
  • donkey
    donkey

I guess you know why I have the avatar of an ass now: it must be my comprehension skills.

I read this thread and the article and I do not get the same message that others hear are so keen to see and interperet. It would seem in our over-zealous desire to be anti-WTBS we might be making inferences that are a stretch...

But then like I said I am an ass...

• spiritwalker
    spiritwalker

Don't you know that the world is ending on December 21, 2012?

Heck 2034???? Well guess I will have fun until 2033 and a half and then become a Witness again for six months in one of those death bed confessions. Then, upon the new year of 2035, it is back to all the parties and lustful thoughts. As I figure it, I got some time to spare! LOL

One missing fact from the Noah tale. It did not happen!

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

So far this article has had zero impact on anyone I've talked to, doesn't register with them at all. I think a tempest is being generated in a tea cup by wishful thinkers here.

• Special K
    Special K

You'd think they'd learn............

Man.. it is soooo dumb.

special K

• docpalo
  • docpalo
    docpalo

I have always been in amazement at the math the WT uses. Even my graphing Texas Instrument calculator can't keep up with it. So I guess this time they made it easy for the simpletons to grasp. Before it was like trying to understand the infinity of pie. Remember the Old Babylon book? Sheesh they squared the root and cubed the square to the power of 10 then divided it by the number of magazines placed by the backcalls made in 1936. Then they took the Russell measurments of the Pyramid and multiplies it by the number of quarts of Bourbon Rutherford consumed in a week. Then Old Joe had contact with the Spirits ( you go figure this one) and redefined the dictionaries definition of a generationand then flipped a coin 144,000 times counting the number of timed heads came up and presto you have the new light. Are you confused yet? What? you dare question the faithful and discreet slave? You have no faith? Well you've got 30 more years to figure it out. Me? I'll be 84 and probably won't give a hoot. Peace.

• stevenyc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit