What does your name mean?

by Insomniac 64 Replies latest jw friends

• dolphman
    dolphman

People tell me i look like Dolph Lundgren, the guy who played the Russian in Rocky 4. Hence, the name Dolphman.

• Lutece
    Lutece

Lutece was the name of the city of Paris before the GrecoRoman culture and a fine restaurant in Paris.

Paris is one of my favorite cities to visit, along with Toronto and San Francisco.....I love to travel

• AlanF
    AlanF

My screen name is my real name. Duh.

About "Alan" the website "Behind the Name" ( http://www.behindthename.com/ ) says:

"The meaning of this name is not known for certain, though it possibly means either "little rock" or "handsome" in Breton. It was introduced to England by Bretons after the Norman invasion."

"F" is for Feuerbacher, which means either "Firebrook" or "inhabitant of the town of Firebrook" in German.

AlanF

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Mine stands for Dr Watson. Some versions of Windows have a program named Dr Watson and the filename is drwtsn32. Corny, I know... but you asked.

Many people think the 32 is my age. I really am 28 as my profile shows.

• JH
    JH

I thought that you were born in 32.

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

I've never been a JW. I'm just a WORLDLY GIRL! (When I started posting, I had just been arguing with my then-husband about the disparaging way his family referred to "worldly" people or "unbelievers" - UNBELIEVINGGIRL was just too long!!!

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I am living in the country - way from the city.
    I don't even have neighbours here - and do enjoy it.
    Lots of people keep asking me if I'm not afraid to live here (not with 3 dogs).
    So my name is just what I am.

My real name Branda is the female form of IJsbrand and means (as they told me) hard as ice.
    But when its warm I am just melting away.......

Branda aka Country_Woman

• Carmel
    Carmel

Lived in Israel on the mountainside of Mt. Carmel for four years. Used to go by the handle Mntzion, but when I came here to JWD took on Carmel. Sometimes refer to myself as "caveman" when I feel like I'm in the dark and growing mushrooms from the BS I'm being fed!

carm

• marriedtodamob
    marriedtodamob

I'm a non-JW who is married to a cradle JW who was DA'd for the last 10 yrs and has now within the last year decided to reinstate . So...I feel like I am "married to da mob", because you simply cannot in any way be married to a JW without having "it" permeate your lives I am finding out. My avitar is my sweet purebred German Shepherd Dog, "Riessa" which means relaxed in Russian.

mobbie

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

My user handle Mindchild has nothing to do with smart young humans but everything to do with following Dawkins idea of human evolution having switched from genes to memes (stored knowledge evolution or evolution in the library) and takes it to its logical conclusion when knowledge abandons its human hosts. In short, I believe that in a few decades, artificial intelligence will further develop to the point where man is communicating with sentient machines that evolve millions of times faster than biological evolution. These machines will be profoundly nonhuman, even if they are designed to look like us and have the potential of being god-like artificial beings who can either work with humans to get us out of the huge mess we will be in or at the other extreme they will be killing or hurting every human that they imagine will be a threat.

Skipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit