What does your name mean?

by Insomniac 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

OK, I'm sure this topic has been covered before, but I'm new here, so indulge me. What do everyone's screen names mean? Some are pretty self-explanatory, but a few have me intrigued. As it's an identity you chose for yourself, your screen name must say a lot about how you view yourself, and how you want others to view you. The same goes for the avatars (little pictures next to your screen names.) What are they? And what are they meant to convey? With so many great names and avatars on this board, I'll bet there are some cool stories to go with them. Anybody want to share?

My name, Insomniac, is what I am-I've tried pills, herbs, meditation, etc., and I still lie awake. My avatar is an old photo of Theda Bara, silent movie actress who was in a lot of "dark" roles. So, I'm the dark lady who never sleeps.

• ChimChim
    ChimChim

you kno what I have no clue what my name means...LoL... i just came across it one day and used it! I think its cute

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Pretty boring...just my name...sorry, not very original.

RGW

• avishai
    avishai

My name is the Hebrew pronunciation of my middle name, which is abishai.

My avatar is an old photo of Theda Bara, silent movie actress who was in a lot of "dark" roles. So, I'm the dark lady who never sleeps.

Great actress, tho only one movie of her still exists to my knowledge. Theda Bara is her stage name, it's an anagram of " Arab Death"

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

ChimChim-what I thought when I read your name was, in the Mary Poppins movie, when the chimney sweep sings a jolly song about his job. One of the lines was "Chim-chiminy, chim-chiminy, chim chim cheree, when you're with a sweep, you're in glad company!" and I assumed you were referencing that. It's before your time, but such a cute movie!

• ChimChim
    ChimChim

insomniac:

I never even thought baout that, I never seen that movie for the longest time! since i was little Yah it is a cute lil movie

Oh yeah there is more to that name its ChimChim-Waffle-Tush! I used it a few times on here

~*!ChimChim-Waflle-Tush!*~

• moonwillow
    moonwillow

I'm very connected to nature and love the night. I have a willow tree outside my window and see the moon through her limbs at night that's where I got my screen name. My avatar is a gypsy type witch sitting on a moon releasing energy.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Yeah, when I first saw Chim Chim's name, that song from Mary Poppins kept playing in my mind too.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Oh, my username is pretty self-evident. I design and build rockets, including the old Saturn V used to launch moon missions.

Or, it could simply be derived from the song Rocket Man by Elton John.

Take your pick. If you chose the former, well.....

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I thought of the old cartoon called Speed Racer when I saw the name Chim Chim. Speed has a little brother named Spridle who has a monkey named Chim Chim. They are always slipping into the trunk of Speed's race car, the powerful Mach 5 to sneak off with Speed on his adventures when the odds are against him and there's dangerous work to do. You bet your life Speed Racer's (With help from Spridle and Chim Chim) gonna make it through.

I have one of those self explanatory names.

Heather S. # 2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit