What does your name mean?

by Insomniac 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Garnet
    Garnet

Well Garnet is my Birthstone, but it also means "Fiery Ember" - I can get a little Fiery when I get angry...but no sweat...it takes a real lot to push these buttons. My real name means "Strong", Mom says she picked that one out on purpose

Just curious, does anyone have an Avatar for Dummies instructions? I tried to download one off the net and it never showed

Thanks!

Garnet

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I'm a girl.

*and*

I live in rural Franistan.

CG

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

My name comes from "Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!", from R.Heinlein, "Glory Road".

-

Blue Bubblegum Girl

(And that comes from me and my friend inventing the slogan "and the world shall tremble in the wake of the Blue Bubblegum" when we were stonedrunk....)

• Badger
    Badger

CG: NOTHING is better than a country chicken!

• wednesday
    wednesday

wednesday, from the old nursey rhymne , part of which says wednesday's child is full of woe. , However, i'm thinking of changing to either Tuesday , Friday, or saturday. I'm tired of beng full of woe, i've moved on.

• Eric
    Eric

It means I'm Eric.

Eric

• IronGland
    IronGland

My real name is not listed on the behind the name website.

• Adam
    Adam

My name means that my parents saw fit to name me Adam.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Gretchen is seemingly self explanitory, but is not. My name is not Gretchen it is Sherry

I took Gretchen one day at work when the whole company was forced to take a 2-day safety training course where the topic was how to do "caring interventions when a coworker did something unsafe", very touchy feely stuff. I signed in under my correct name to get the credit and then saw that we all had to wear these cheesy nametags. (did I mention there were 11,000 of us at the company?) anyway I didn't know anyone but I HATE nametags. So I wrote Gretchen. It's appropriate since I'm German by ancestry. At any rate, its sort of been my alter-ego ever since. My evil twin, so to speak.

• Teela
    Teela

Teela as in Teela Brown a character from a Larry Niven novel called Ringworld. Her life was controlled by luck and in lots of ways my life has had a lot of good luck in it, also it has changed my direction in life .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit