How far do we get away from 1914

by PimoElder 134 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    False, it is a matter of opinion of modern historians as to when the Great War began but that precise beginning is not essential for the Great War broke out in 1914 and in that same year.

That is not the point. Are you saying that WT never taught or published that ww1 started on oct 1914?

Also, are you saying that wt cannot go back to the drawing board and change our understanding of Bible chronology or prophecy?

You may recall the teaching of generation relating to 1914 was so logical and clear cut that it seemed like a dilemma when nothing happened 80 years later and wt changed it. Can you set your heart on 1914 like you did on generation or are you prepared to let it go and still remain faithful based on all the other evidence that cannot be falsified even if 1914 becomes a 1975. I have.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    the Great War provided visible evidente that God's purpose was being realized on earth

To JW and those with insight, yes. To others it is subjective.

• scholar
    scholar

Fisherman

That is not the point. Are you saying that WT never taught or published that ww1 started on oct 1914?

---

Correct

Also, are you saying that wt cannot go back to the drawing board and change our understanding of Bible chronology or prophecy?

---

Subjects such as prophecy and chronology and with all forms of knowledge must always be susceptible to review or change for that is a feature of Epistemology

You may recall the teaching of generation relating to 1914 was so logical and clear cut that it seemed like a dilemma when nothing happened 80 years later and wt changed it. Can you set your heart on 1914 like you did on generation or are you prepared to let it go and still remain faithful based on all the other evidence that cannot be falsified even if 1914 becomes a 1975. I have.

----

One must always be open to change and that is the case with 1914 but at this present state of knowledge, our teachings around 1914 appear to sound and well founded.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Fisherman

To JW and those with insight, yes. To others it is subjective.

---

A similar situation that Jesus confronted in his day. Nothing new.

scholar JW

• waton
    waton
    A similar situation that Jesus confronted in his day sch

There is a big difference between a man turning water into wine, feeding thousands with a snack pack, and have more left over, walking on water, reviving the decaying dead, having the tombs emptied and the dead walk into jerusalem, on and on --- and, in that one coincidental year

the nations slugging it out again, albeit with newer weapons, larger alliances. with a far bigger encore (WWII) to come to eclipse it.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    A similar situation that Jesus confronted in his day. Nothing new.

As you say, “appears” to be well founded. That’s the difference, beliefs that may or may not be true in our day juxtaposition the truth that Jesus spoke in his day. —Psalms 125:1

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Scholar

my friend you must be unaware !

A benefit of having streamed services because of Covid restrictions opens Sydney Anglican parishes and their weekly services to public view. In two of my ‘favourite’ churches, this past couple of weeks, their prayer time has highlighted and prayed for Christ’s return.

Indeed in my own church this was the case this very morning!

The Borg likes to parrot what it considers as failings on the part of “Christendom “ (the churches in general) and condition the R&F to believe much that is simply untrue. Once Mrs Ozzie and I left the Borg we each decided that we must examine more and I had to find out for myself.

It has now been a quarter century since leaving the Borg and examining Church teachings and practices at first hand.

What did I find?

I found that what the Borg-masters teach the R&F about the so-called wicked and Satanic churches is utter *****. It’s lies designed to keep a R&F in obedience.

I’m sharing in leading a church where we study the Word diligently and proclaim the risen Christ and his imminent return.

This morning after service I was even speaking of this at coffee time.

Sorry scholar and any others, you’re misled!

Cheers, Ozzie 🙂🍷

• scholar
    scholar

ozziepost

A benefit of having streamed services because of Covid restrictions opens Sydney Anglican parishes and their weekly services to public view. In two of my ‘favourite’ churches, this past couple of weeks, their prayer time has highlighted and prayed for Christ’s return.

---

I hiope your two local churches are following the protocols of the Anglican Book of Common Prayer which has as part of its liturgy refer to the Lords Prayer and other brief citations pertainning to His Coming.

I trust that you continue in your diligent study of God's Word and that you continue to preach and teach the Gospel which i did not and neither did my mother find in the Anglican communion.

scholar JW

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

scholar

The Anglican church is a “broad church” and that appealed to me after the uniformity of the Kingdom Halls.

However, although recognising the Book of Common Prayer, there is some variety in liturgy and forms of service.

My local church has two services on Sunday, the traditional prayerbook service and the modern ‘Family service’. Either and both are acceptable and both congregations enjoy rich loving fellowship both within their congregations and between them as a whole ‘church’ - so different to what I may have expected from a Dub mindset.

You’d be welcome to join me !

• scholar
    scholar

ozziepost

--

The Anglican church is a “broad church” and that appealed to me after the uniformity of the Kingdom Halls.

---

That is the trouble for it is too broad for me as it was for my mother who left Melbourne, Victoria to move up to North Queensland. I will stick to the Biblical church replicative of the Early church.

--

---

No thanks because your Church does not teach or proclaim the Gospel, the Kingdom, Parousia or any Eschatology. Your Church is not the eschatological church foretold in the Bible but a church of the past, of liturgy and traditions etc.

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit