How far do we get away from 1914

by PimoElder 134 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

1914 - Watchtower's failed predictions - JW.Support

ONE HUNDRED YEARS OF GETTING IT ALL WRONG

1914: The Generation That Will Not Pass Away by Watch Tower Bible and Tract  Society

EDIT:

The Generation That

have All Passed Away

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

The point is even with the overlapping new light we still can’t get too far away from 1914

what is their plan when we obviously get too far away?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

It’s do-able. The Adventists hold onto the great disappointment of 1840s as been relevant to Christ return. That coming up 200 years old.

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

If anything, they would ,I think, be better off ditching their Blood doctrine first, mainly because many cult followers have died needlessly from this belief. 1914 is a doctrine that is strange when people first hear of it, but probably will not take your life, as the Blood belief most certainly has done.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I believe the 7th day adventists still hang onto 1843/44 (William Miller's dates).

There's certainly no danger of the WTS running out of goofy / failed religious movements to copy from.

Oops I see it’s already been mentioned.

• waton
    waton
    EDIT:
    The Generation That
    have All Passed Away D.O.C.

and is now in wt heaven, and should have as a priority to extricate wt from it's false prophecy course, like the above worldwide proclamation, --- do their "spirit directing".

New light, flicked since then, is of course, that the anointed generation is supposed to pass away before the Great Tribulation finale; which of course is wrong too, because Jesus said that the generation will pass away only after all has occurred.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

in my phone in "meeting" when I disassociated- I learned from elder that God's time table is different from ours, so that generation who saw 1914 has not passed away--so whatever story that works to keep yourself in blinders.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Ok on reading what people have formerly written on here. I see the “Adventist” thing has already been mentioned twice before.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

The WT declared Christ's return on several occasions. The reason they did this was:

1. so that they could claim that the gentile times had ended and that God's Kingdom now rules. (false premise)

2. They then reason that since the church age is over, so is access to the new covenant "for the forgiveness of sins" (Mt. 26: 27-28)

3. They then further reason that if the above is true, the opportunity to be saved by grace through faith also ended and now it is support of God's Kingdom (which they interpret as themselves) that now saves a person.

Their sequence follows generally accepted timeline events for around 2/3 of evangelicals today. The church age (gentile times) will definitely end one day. The surviving nations after the GT will be allowed to enter based on their works during this time. (how they treated Israel during this time of trouble).

But no one in their right mind would state that Jesus has already returned. The entire doctrinal structure of the WT is based on one premise: The Church Age has ended.

Franz and Knorr hit this theme over and over at the 1958 Intl. Convention in Yankee Stadium. Tapes are available of their talks.

They will never abandon 1914 because their rationale for rejecting the new covenant would disappear. Jesus predicted that some people would try and pull the wool over the eyes of some and commanded us not to fall for it in Mt. 24: 26

Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. - Jesus

Nobody can say he didn't warn us.

The talk that I linked to above from Knorr, would be a great talk to listen to during the GT. The only problem is that the gentile times have not ended and the new covenant is still available to whosoever.

The apostles were clear that during the church age the Christian message would be a ministry of reconciliation.

2 Cor. 5 - he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

This is the Christian message that is preached during the church age. If anyone preaches a different message during this time..... they are cursed.

Galatians 1:8-9

But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

WT theology is a sneaky satanic ploy to get people to willingly reject the new covenant so they they are cheated out of the offer that was forged on the cross.

The bottom line is the the ministry of reconciliation was to be preached during the church age. After the rapture, the kingdom message will be the only hope left for earth.

The WT has convinced millions that they are living in a different time period than what they are actually in.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Excellent analysis SB!

Love these talks by former WT presidents.

https://youtu.be/yqAmFPjNY0w

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit