How far do we get away from 1914

by PimoElder 134 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• waton
    waton
    You are either on the watch or not by being asleep.

schwt. that is your convenient simplification. You are either on the watch, observing reality, or watch for any opening to constantly proclaim false and made up messages.

good news of the kingdom? where is wt writers mention of Col. 1, the kingdom of god's beloved son? domain of Christians since the first century?

wt is preaching the supposed kingdom of 1914, a precursor to the millenium, plus the governing rule of the Governing F&DS Body since 1919, by a disseminating a wt paper flood.

wt writers may be awake, but have so far only spelled out one truth: it is a snare and a racket.

the rest of all that churning has a 100% failure rate. followers beware. more of the same to come. what else?

That is not to say that some very genuine good people have worked on that with joy, , but so have members of others groupings.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    That is not to say that some very genuine good people have worked on that with joy, , but so have members of others groupings

Precisely! Like the local gun club or the knitting circle or….ad infinitum.

It’s hardly a reason to stay in the borg when it’s very basis is the ideas and whims of men.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    False, JW's most certainly preach the only Gospel which of course is a message of reconciliation as an expression of God's Grace or undeserved kindness to all men of goodwill.

Scholar, your lies won't work here. Matt. 26:27-28 says that the new covenant is for the forgiveness of sins. This is how people are reconciled to God. But JW's preach that this covenant is closed to people. There is no forgiveness outside of the NC. Not one NT scripture supports this.

You know very well that the JW message: Be-Jehovah's-Friend-without-the-NC was not taught ANYWHERE by the apostles. Gal 1: 8&9 says that if anyone preaches any other gospel other than what the apostles preached that he would be cursed.

JW's preach a message of curses and failures.. They have a weird inability to follow even the simplest of instructions. Like when Jesus said, "Come to me, and I will give you rest". So, what to JW's do? They go to Jehovah instead.

When I came to Jesus as he instructed, my JW relatives considered me the enemy. Just try telling someone at the KH that Jesus is your personal savior and see how fast you get kicked to the curb.

My family is doing great after 18 years. Every JW family I knew has crashed and burned in one way or another.

The curse is real.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Sea Breeze

your posting name brings up so many pleasant memories

anyway, to my point 🙂

our learned companion named scholar JW has shown incredible tenacity over many years promoting the legitimacy of the Borg.

Who can forget the tussles that he and I had together with the excellent poster hillary_step almost twenty years ago?

Whilst disagreeing wholeheartedly with scholar’s point of view, I must acknowledge his loyalty, his tenacity and indeed endurance over so many years to the interests of the Borg.

Scholar JW

After all this time, don’t you think we should meet and acknowledge we can be friends ?

• PimoElder
    PimoElder

I’m sure that I

know you don’t like the fact that there are many of us PIMO members of congregations who like all the good things about being physically in the org.

there are some great people and really good associations for my kids. We are all like a big family.

I think the governing body is just as wrong to push the vaccines on all members as they were to say millions now living will never die. They do make mistakes and maybe much about JWs current teaching will prove to be wrong.

but I still feel it’s the closest to the truth than any other.

Its more beneficial for me to stay PIMO than to leave the cong. I have all the advantages of being in the cong, without the disadvantages of being disappointed in years to come when Armageddon still doesn’t come 🤣

• scholar
    scholar

After all this time, don’t you think we should meet and acknowledge we can be friends ?

---

Absolutely but unfortunately I have moved to Brisbane some 9 years ago and I miss my sojourn into Moore Theological Library where I enjoyed doing research and of course as an alumni of the University of Sydney I miss the proximity to that venerable institute of higher learning. My late wife use to own a terrace house in Eveleigh Street, Redfern during the Ghetto period so it was only a short walk to those two institutions. Anyway if we cannot meet personally then we can either meet on zoom or by telephone.

scholar JW

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

What ???.!!! No, no, no !

It’s either right or it isn’t. You can’t be just a bit true.

You are prepared to submit your life and the lives of your loved ones to something that isn’t the truth. It doesn’t make sense.

if you want happy, convivial friendships, join a club; at least they don’t pretend.

• PimoElder
    PimoElder

What ???.!!! No, no, no !

It’s either right or it isn’t. You can’t be just a bit true.

You are prepared to submit your life and the lives of your loved ones to something that isn’t the truth. It doesn’t make sense.

if you want happy, convivial friendships, join a club; at least they don’t pretend

-

I know the governing body were wrong about the vaccines and lots of things

im a bit agnostic about the Bible and God. I don’t claim it to be the truth but there might be bits of truth there, and as I said before I like the good things about being in the org

im not going to be disappointed when I get old and Armageddon stil hasn’t come yet🤣

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    as I said before I like the good things about being in the org

Like:

No birthdays

No blood (early death for some)

No Homecoming games in High School

No mothers day

No school soccer growing up

No fathers day

No gospel music

No Thanksgiving

No school football growing up

No celebrating Jesus' birthday

No school basketball growing up

No friends who are not JW's

Knocking on people's doors starting at age 5-7 and teaching them the heresy that they can be God's Friend by running faster, jumping higher and trying harder even though scripture says that "by the works of the Law shall no flesh be Justified".

No military

No Freedom to Question anything the GB dictates

No flag salute ("under God")

No praying with other believers

No Prom Night for Students

Never seeing certain family members ever again

Knocking on people's doors starting at age 5-7 and teaching them the heresy that they cannot get their sins forgiven through the new covenant (Mt. 26: 27-28)

Never seeing your family ever again if you like to have an occasional cigar

No freedom to repent without a submission to a priesthood-like confessional

No Voting

No Valentines Day candy when you are a kid

No doubting human leaders
    No allegiance to "Christ Alone" (must include creepy fat old men)

I grew up in this tomb and even regular pioneered. I've seen what it does to children, families and lives. You are wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked.

Enjoy your mental illness.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Having grown in the 80s when 1914 was still thought as fact, I never imagined that I’d finish high school before Armageddon. By the time they got to changing the meaning of the word generation, we were in the mid 90s and everyone was expecting it. It wasn’t a surprise. By than, many people, like me, didn’t believe in that prophecy anyway and saw the organization’s willingness to change as a good thing. I rationalized my faith on the thought that the JWs were the closest to what the Christians were in the first century. I didn’t see where else I could go and so I stayed.

I imagine that a lot of JWs are in this spot right now. They already don’t believe in it and when they drop it, it will be a small talk in a convention, and they will carry on to the Sunday drama like nothing happened. People will stay thinking they are in the best religion.

In my case, that bubble burst when my kids started repeating things we talked about at home. I realized that if my kids ever told anyone about how their father didn’t believe in the prophecies, that I could be disfellowshipped for apostacy. Worst, the religion I grew up in would, in time, instruct my own children to shun me. How could a love-based organization treat a father like this, for something as petty as not teaching frivolous believes? This practice alone proved that the religion is not based on Christian love; it will step over your Christian conscience attempting to survive and there is nothing Christian about that. That’s not love. So, without prophecies and without love, I ran out of excuses to stay there. I left, along with my wife and kids.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit